The Pach's 2021 Cornerbacks (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Cornerbacks (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Patrick Surtain Jr. / Alabama / 6’2”, 203

2. Jaycee Horn / S. Carolina / 6’1”, 200

3. Caleb Farley / Virginia Tech / 6’2”, 207

4. Asante Samuel Jr. / Florida St. / 5’10”, 184

5. Kelvin Joseph** / Kentucky / 6'1", 192

6. Ifeatu Melifonwu / Syracuse / 6'3", 212

7. Eric Stokes / Georgia / 6’1”, 185

8. Greg Newsome / N’Western / 6’1”, 180

9. Shakur Brown / Michigan St. / 5'11", 190

10. Tyson Campbell / Georgia / 6’2”, 185

11. Shaun Wade / Ohio St. / 6’1”, 194

12. Nahshon Wright / Oregon St. / 6'4", 188

13. Bryce Thompson / Tennessee / 5’11”, 181

14. Darren Hall / San Diego St. / 5'11”, 189

15. Tre Norwood / Oklahoma / 6’0”, 192

16. Marco Wilson / Florida / 6’0”, 190

17. Olaijah Griffin / USC / 6’0”, 170

18. Mark Gilbert / Duke / 6’1”, 175

Last edited:
How would you classify this years group of CB's in comparison to the previous 2 strong classes?

I think we should definitely try and get Patrick Surtain II anyway we can, especially since his dad Patrick Surtain was drafted by the Dolphins and was a great player for us. Then we could try and trade away Jones (28) or X (27) which we could probably still get some good value for. Then we will be set for Corner. Imagine CB1 - X CB2 - Patrick Surtain Slot CB - Iggy, along with Needham who looks like he will pan out to be starting caliber.

No one anticipated that they would use a high pick on Noah Igbinoghene this year. Miami, and in particular Brian Flores, values the position. Brian has no issue with taking a corner and turning him into a safety either.

If the Dolphins are in a position to pick high enough, either with their own pick or the Texans‘s pick, I think Surtain Jr would definitely be on their board. In fact, it would not surprise me to see them move Byron Jones to FS eventually with Xavien and Pat on the outside with Noah in the slot.

I've read that the Covid 19 situation could cause loss of revenue for NFL teams. It would result in a drop in the salary cap for the 2021 season forcing teams to scramble to find cap space. It was talked about on the internet over the last several days.

If a cap reduction takes place it could cause Miami to Release Xavien Howard and Bobby McCain to gain cap space.

My point is, Miami could very well be looking CB in the 1st round and potentially double down on the position, if they suddenly find themselves looking for replacements?

Pach, Have you seen any of Jamar Johnson from Indiana?

Yeah a little bit. I've seen the bowl game against Tennessee several times where he got a pick six on what was just another bad decision by Guarantano. They have him lined up more as a nickel safety or apex defender.

Aside for the battle between Wade and Surtain for CB1. The most interesting aspect of this list is the HUGE number of 2nd Generation stars:
Surtain, Horn, Swilling, Blades, Samuel and those are only that I recognize by name. I’m sure there are more and ofc they are all CBS.....

Watching FSU vs GT (and loving that UCF is 30+ points better than both) one kid that is standing out is Asante Samuel Jr. Kid is touch as **** , Would love him here in this secondary next year.

Watching FSU vs GT (and loving that UCF is 30+ points better than both) one kid that is standing out is Asante Samuel Jr. Kid is touch as **** , Would love him here in this secondary next year.

Watch Asante Samuel Jr. end up the best corner in this draft....

Back
Top Bottom