The Pach's 2021 Defensive Ends (Seniors) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Defensive Ends (Seniors)

This was the best DL on American team at Senior Bowl week. You can mark that one down.

No question. He never moved without a plan it seemed. To me he put smarts on display as much as ability.

On the other hand, the ends who took the biggest tumble were the two Pitt ends Jones and Weaver. Weaver never looks like he's on balance. He looks like he plays on skates.

Dayo Odeyingbo may be headed back to Vanderbilt. Tore his achilles in training. Tough break for the kid.

The Achilles was a tough break but that would be nice if he's able to go back to Vandy to rehab and won't have to live with whatever his draft position would be this year.

No question. He never moved without a plan it seemed. To me he put smarts on display as much as ability.

On the other hand, the ends who took the biggest tumble were the two Pitt ends Jones and Weaver. Weaver never looks like he's on balance. He looks like he plays on skates.

The DLs were mostly disappointing.

Elerson Smith was a legitimate revelation who made himself some money. Cam Sample was a legitimate revelation who made himself a lot of money. Quincy Roche did really well. William Bradley-King had moments.

Before he left, Levi Onwuzurike was legit. But you had to expect that.

I don't know if I saw anything new from Daelin Hayes, Rashad Weaver, Carlos Basham, Chauncey Golston, Payton Turner, Marvin Wilson, Osa Odighizuwa, Ade Ogundeji, Tarron Jackson, Jonathan Cooper, Marlon Tuipulotu, Jordan Smith, Janarius Robinson, or Malik Herring. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit, but they seemed like they just were who they were.

Patrick Jones, Wyatt Hubert, Ta'Quon Graham, and Shaka Toney were just bad. I didn't see anything attractive.

The OLs were the big winners for the most part.

Guys like Creed Humphrey, Aaron Banks, Trey Smith, Alex Leatherwood, and Deonte Brown have all proven so much already, and there was nothing that happened this week that made you say I have new information on any one of them. If I had to pick one of those 'provens' who had the best week it's probably Leatherwood. He looked like the one among them that was the most consistently in control.

Jack Anderson got to show that he can play Center, and looked pretty good doing it.

Robert Hainsey got to show that he can play almost literally any position on the line.

Dillon Radunz looks like the second coming of Joe Staley. Spencer Brown looks like the second coming of Sebastian Vollmer. Quinn Meinerz was a big time revelation. All three could easily go Day 2.

D'Ante Smith got to really show out and look like a legitimate standout, until his week was cut short. James Hudson got to show out as well. They're not FCS guys but they showed they can hang at higher levels of competition.

David Moore is a guy that will intrigue teams because of his pure power and heft. He will be a project because they're going to want to get him working on his body some, I think.

The only players on the OL that really looked BAD to me were Jake Curhan and Carson Green. That's it.

All the others I didn't name, guys like Robert Jones, Dan Moore, Royce Newman, Drake Jackson, Brendan Jaimes, Jaylon Moore, and Adrian Ealy...all had good moments.

I feel bad that Ben Cleveland only got 14 practice reps before his week was cut short, but let's be fair he played at Georgia so no big deal.

Leatherwood has been one of my favorites pretty much since I first saw him play, lumps and all - seemingly not the best at anything but can play multiple positions quite well. Always a plus in my book.

Trey Smith is another one I think will be a nice addition for almost any team.

Ah, but this is the wrong thread..

The guy who was probably better than I'm giving him credit for is Ade Ogundeji. I mean he's built so well you end up with high expectations of him. But he made his presence felt consistently.

Cam Sample was voted the top DL on the American team, the voting done by the OLs who participated.

Osa Odighizuwa was voted the top DL on the National team. That sounds about right. He showed the most versatility and got the most snaps. It would've been Levi Onwuzurike if he hadn't had to leave on the first day.

@ckparrothead what do you think about Joseph Ossai from Texas? From just watching film he pops out to me.than the other pass rushers. He is very strong and lengthy. Lacks speed but bowls over people.

Janarius Robinson did well too. I think his profile is similar to Daeshon Hall and Gross Matos. Could be 2nd round, teams have done that before.

Back
Top Bottom