The Pach's 2021 Linebackers (Underclassman) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Linebackers (Underclassman)

Karlos Dansby was one of the most freakish high school players I can remember out of the B'ham area. Went to Auburn as a safety and added 45 pounds - and still ran in the 4.4's.

That's certainly a great player to strive to emulate for Zaven Collins. I like the comparison.

A possible 10-6 team with 4 top 50 picks, a rookie franchise QB and HC. Talk about trending up.

The 4 pics will be critical in determining our path to true perennial contender.
What’s the vision?
Address all weaknesses or build a dominant identity?

Seems obvious needs are WR, RB DT LB
Our WRs get minimal separation, our RBs aren’t dynamic and we still have hard time stopping the run.
Lesser extent: C, FS, Edge

Probably a dumb question:

What skills can a linebacker be taught?

What traits can't be taught?

My question is this: What type of linebacker is worth spending a top 10 pick on versus a later pick where you can develop that prospect to be an approximation of a top 10 LB prospect?

e.g. obviously you would spend a top pick on Lawerence Taylor......are there example of guys who are in the ballpark where you spend less draft capital?

Ok getting wise to Zaven Collins is making me feel less remorse over likely not being able to get Micah Parsons. Can we please end up with one of these freaks?

I like how there's tons of tape of him in coverage and that his biggest plays came in coverage.

Zaven Collins looks like Brian Urlacher back there playing safety in Coach Long's 3-3-5 defense at New Mexico at 6'4", 250 pounds.

I believe he's gotten in better shape as the season has gone on. I can't prove it, but that's what my eyes tell me. If I recall he had to take time off before the season for COVID.

Kind of scary that the dynamo we saw at the beginning of the season was still playing his way into shape because of an untimely COVID quarantine.

I believe he's gotten in better shape as the season has gone on. I can't prove it, but that's what my eyes tell me. If I recall he had to take time off before the season for COVID.

Kind of scary that the dynamo we saw at the beginning of the season was still playing his way into shape because of an untimely COVID quarantine.
I'm curious to see his combine numbers. He looks fast for a bigger dude back there.
Zaven Collins looks like Brian Urlacher back there playing safety in Coach Long's 3-3-5 defense at New Mexico at 6'4", 250 pounds.
I havent got to watch a whole lot of him, but doesnt he take more snaps, and play better at OLB?

I'm curious to see his combine numbers. He looks fast for a bigger dude back there.

I havent got to watch a whole lot of him, but doesnt he take more snaps, and play better at OLB?

It will be interesting to see his combine numbers. My expectation (and hope) is that the numbers that stand out are his agility related numbers. He doesn't have the freakish first step and downhill explosion of Micah Parsons but he seems to be an extremely fluid athlete for his size--his body control, feet, and agility allow him to function so well in space for a 260 pound dude.

Back
Top Bottom