The Pach's 2021 Linebackers (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Linebackers (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Zaven Collins / Tulsa / 6’4”, 260

2. Micah Parsons / Penn St. / 6’3”, 245

3. Nick Bolton / Missouri / 6’0”, 232

4. Jamin Davis / Kentucky / 6'4", 234

5. Cameron McGrone / Michigan / 6’1”, 236

6. Ernest Jones / S. Carolina / 6’2”, 230

7. Dylan Moses / Alabama / 6’3”, 240

8. Anthony Hines / Texas A&M / 6’3”, 226

9. Isaiah McDuffie / Boston College / 6'1", 224

Rush:

1. Jaelan Phillips / Miami / 6’5”, 266

2. Azeez Ojulari** / Georgia / 6’3”, 240

3. Joseph Ossai / Texas / 6’4”, 253

4. Jordan Smith / UAB / 6'6", 255

5. Darius Hodge / Marshall / 6’2”, 238

Last edited:
Noah Taylor plays more of a rush position at Uva I believe. Although he’s asked to drop too.

is this more a projection of what he will need to be at the next level considering the slight frame for on the los play and poa?

Noah Taylor plays more of a rush position at Uva I believe. Although he’s asked to drop too.

is this more a projection of what he will need to be at the next level considering the slight frame for on the los play and poa?

He does rush, but he plays more of an apex linebacker than the guys listed here as rush linebackers. In other words, he lines up primarily off the ball & even wide in the slot (apex). He's more of a blitzer than a true rusher compared to the rush linebackers listed here.

Taylor has exceptional acceleration and closing burst to be as long as he is. Really impressive athleticism to go with his length.

I know a lot of people are focused on offensive weapons, but Micah Parsons would be a great get to anchor Miami‘s defense.

Michael Parsons may be an exception, but I’m not sure Miami values the linebacker position to the point that they will use what may be a top 15 draft selection on the position.

Moses looks great for Bama early doors. Looks to have a ton of range and plays super fast. Todays NFL linebacker.

Slimm, Ventrell Miller flashed for the Gators Saturday (the only defender that seemed to have a clue out there). Does he offer anything more than a 2 down run stopper? I know he lost some weight in an attempt to play faster..

Slimm, Ventrell Miller flashed for the Gators Saturday (the only defender that seemed to have a clue out there). Does he offer anything more than a 2 down run stopper? I know he lost some weight in an attempt to play faster..

Probably not in my opinion. On tape he's just way too stiff. Lot of rigidness to him. Lacks true fluidity.

I've always felt like Slaton and Shawn Davis were the two most underrated Gator defenders. Oh, and the kid here out of Hoover Jeremiah Moon.

He can blitz too. Instincts and size are lacking imo. Picks the wrong hole and gets easily blocked out of the play too much for my liking.

That Dylan Moses size at 6 foot 3 has got to be a typo right or bama fudging it?

He doesn’t look that much taller than Bolton to me. And that Bolton kid while raw has some serious range

That Dylan Moses size at 6 foot 3 has got to be a typo right or bama fudging it?

He doesn’t look that much taller than Bolton to me. And that Bolton kid while raw has some serious range

He’s close to 6’3”.

Back
Top Bottom