The Pach's 2021 Linebackers (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Linebackers (Underclassman)

To'o bad Henry To'o To'o isn't eligible. Kid can play.

(see what I did there)

To'o bad he ain't in Tuscaloosa. We threw the kitchen sink at that kid coming out of high school to try to keep him from following Pruitt to Tennessee. No success.

Smart kid to follow Pruitt instead of being ruined by Pete Golding. Great, great player.

Azeez Ojulari has terrific hands. Guys with his (deserved) reputation for explosiveness don't often have hands this good. They lean on their physical abilities more. He's an exception.

Ojularis pure pass rush gifts are better than ossais.

he’s got more juice off the edge. Gets off the ball with more burst etc.

I like em both. But pure pass rush I’d go with Ojulari.

ossai lets guys get into his pad level too much. His pursuit and effort to the ball on every snap is rediculous. But I think that masks some somewhat right now at least average pass rush tools. Like he doesn’t have the von Miller like get off. Pass rush looks pretty raw.

but that’s a great frame and it would be a good rotation piece with upside for Miamis edge in 2021. Might be some hip stiffness with the redirect

Ojularis pure pass rush gifts are better than ossais.

he’s got more juice off the edge. Gets off the ball with more burst etc.

I like em both. But pure pass rush I’d go with Ojulari.

ossai lets guys get into his pad level too much. His pursuit and effort to the ball on every snap is rediculous. But I think that masks some somewhat right now at least average pass rush tools. Like he doesn’t have the von Miller like get off. Pass rush looks pretty raw.

but that’s a great frame and it would be a good rotation piece with upside for Miamis edge in 2021. Might be some hip stiffness with the redirect
Thanks Hoops. I was just about to ask about Joseph Ossai. I just saw him mocked to Miami in the mid 1st in a updated mock by Bleacher Report.

We are going to be playing Josh Allen twice, whoever the Jets and the Patriots draft. With the trend towards mobile quarterbacks, the defense has to get more athletic at LB. I suppose the question is do you take Micah Parsons over a WR or RB with the Houston pick.

Taking an RB high is probably bad, but Etienne's run after the catch versatility plus Tua sounds amazing. On the other hand Jamarr Chase or Devonta Smith would be great.

However, giving Flores a LB like Micah Parsons might have the most impact.

I know I've looked at and talked about Tulsa LB Zaven Collins before. But I can't find it anywhere. Probably the FH search function coming up poorly again.

Anyway, he's a friggin monster. I want.

Junior Seau. That's who he reminds me of.

Last edited:
I know I've looked at and talked about Tulsa LB Zaven Collins before. But I can't find it anywhere. Probably the FH search function coming up poorly again.

Anyway, he's a friggin monster. I want.

Junior Seau. That's who he reminds me of.

Looks like a perfect candidate for the Hightower role - probably the best pure fit in the class. Yes please.

Looks like a Top 40 player. It'd be ideal if Miami could target him in the 2nd - using both 1st's on higher value positions.

Looks like a perfect candidate for the Hightower role - probably the best pure fit in the class. Yes please.

Looks like a Top 40 player. It'd be ideal if Miami could target him in the 2nd - using both 1st's on higher value positions.

He's come on like a freight train in 2020, huge splashes in his first three games (Oklahoma State, USF, and UCF).

He won the Bednarik Defensive Player of the Week for the OkSt game after only playing like 2 quarters of it and then leaving due to "severe cramps" (I do wonder what's up with that).

Then he was even better against South Florida and Central Florida.

Could just be that everyone are taking a bit of time to realize there's a player of his caliber hanging out in Tulsa. He came from a graduating class of 47 students in Hominy, OK. He was a QB and Safety and made the conversion to LB at Tulsa. But he's been a splash player all three years, new to the position or not.

He's come on like a freight train in 2020, huge splashes in his first three games (Oklahoma State, USF, and UCF).

He won the Bednarik Defensive Player of the Week for the OkSt game after only playing like 2 quarters of it and then leaving due to "severe cramps" (I do wonder what's up with that).

Then he was even better against South Florida and Central Florida.

Could just be that everyone are taking a bit of time to realize there's a player of his caliber hanging out in Tulsa. He came from a graduating class of 47 students in Hominy, OK. He was a QB and Safety and made the conversion to LB at Tulsa. But he's been a splash player all three years, new to the position or not.

And he's huge. When Slimm first put out his list, his frame caught my eye and I meant to get back to him. I don't and won't have time to watch as many players this year, so I'm focusing on potential fits for Miami, and he's THE fit at LB in 2021. It's hard to find a player that fills that role, because there aren't many 6'2+ 255 lb+ LB's that can run 4.70 or better and play a true LB role. Thanks for highlighting him.

Zaven Collins looks the part. He moves really well to be that size. I think Flo will covet linebackers in that mold. How high does he go? It depends on that forty time. If he is sub 4.8 you better grab him quick. Where do you play him is a good question, he looks like he could play multiple LB positions in our system.

Back
Top Bottom