The Pach's 2021 Linebackers (Underclassman) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Linebackers (Underclassman)

I'm convinced the gap between Parsons and Collins isn't that big

JOK has elite range, but then he's a former safety. Question there is the size and how much he can give you in run support, but I think he's Off LB #3

I really soured on Moses as the season went on. At first I put his struggles down to coming off the injury, but I've got serious concerns about his instincts. He's starting to remind me a bit of Stephone Anthony. Big, fast, and dumb. Lol

Moses has been brutal. Just awful. It started before he got injured. It started when Pete Golding took over calling the defense and coaching ILB's in 2018. But at least Moses would fly around and hit people then even if he didn't know where to line up.

Now he doesn't even hit anymore. He comes in skiddish and still doesn't know where to line up or what to do. I'd expect Jaylen Moody to start taking some of that playing time. He played extremely well against Arkansas in place of Christian Harris.

Moses has been brutal. Just awful. It started before he got injured. It started when Pete Golding took over calling the defense and coaching ILB's in 2018. But at least Moses would fly around and hit people then even if he didn't know where to line up.

Now he doesn't even hit anymore. He comes in skiddish and still doesn't know where to line up or what to do. I'd expect Jaylen Moody to start taking some of that playing time. He played extremely well against Arkansas in place of Christian Harris.

It does make you wonder which of the opt outs would have dropped like Moses and Marvin Wilson had they played. Imagine Chase in the current LSU team and Rousseau in this year's Miami team. Players might look at what happened to Moses and Wilson and feel pretty happy about their choice.

It does make you wonder which of the opt outs would have dropped like Moses and Marvin Wilson had they played. Imagine Chase in the current LSU team and Rousseau in this year's Miami team. Players might look at what happened to Moses and Wilson and feel pretty happy about their choice.

That's why GM's should be leary of the kids that decided to quit. A lot of players throughout time have had one big year and then fallen off. You want to see sustainability at minimum, improvement at best. We'll factor in the circumstances that may have changed and apply proper weight. But we need to film to be able to do that.

Part of the problem for me is feeling like it's ok to join a team and use to your teammates to create value for yourself - then quit on them as soon as you believe your value has reached it's max. I get the business decision, but therein lies the issue. Players make business decisions within the confines of NFL games themselves and quit on plays and refuse to tackle.

Antonio Cromartie turning down that tackle on Shonn Green was one of the most egregious things I've ever seen. But he knew he was going to keep getting paid either way.

If they'll let you quit on them and keep paying you, no need to worry about how they'll feel about you quitting on somebody else.

Sometimes there's a difference between doing the right thing, and doing the right thing for you. We all probably draw that line in different places.

Seems like so many Fin fans are saying Parsons is a “must-get.” But I think the Bruglers of the world are gonna start bumping Zaven ahead of him in their mocks and Dolphins fans will change their tune

Collins is a terrific LB prospect and a great fit in Miami.

But Parsons is another creature all together.

We can argue about whether you need that kind of talent at LB or are you better of with a guy like Collins who you could get latter while using the early pick on an offensive impact player.

Personally I would rather have Chase/Collins than Parsons/Bateman given such a choice.

But Parsons is a Beast, the kind of guy who may well be called the best LB in the League in a few years.The question is do you really need to be that good at LB?

I don't think so.

We can all agree that the Fins LB Corps has been average at best this year, but the defense has been very good anyway.

Is there any doubt that if the Fins had more weapons on offense right now they would be a legit threat to KC?

So i am going Offense early and finding the need LB upgrade later.

But Parsons is going to be really good.

I don't think the Dolphins linebackers unit has been average this year. I think they've been a lot better than that.

And it has come about without a superstar, it's been guys who are versatile who execute the scheme. It's probably one of the cheaper LB units in the league.

I see Cam McGrone has declared for the draft. I thought he'd have stayed at Michigan after missing most of this year. His stock will have dropped but he's potentially a v good MLB.

Hard to find much info out there on Collins 40. Coming out of high school everything I could find said he was in the 4.8 range in the 40, but what you see on the field with him is a faster player than that. Might not be a popular opinion, but I like Collins for us better than Parsons given our exact needs, and where you'll likely have to draft to get that player. Unless Collins runs really poorly at the combine. Reminds me a little of Tremaine Edmunds, but maybe not as fast.

Hey- who would be a good comp for Ossai? Seems like biggest Def need is an Edge that demands a double.

Hey- who would be a good comp for Ossai? Seems like biggest Def need is an Edge that demands a double.

Funny you should ask about him, because I was about to post on the guy. I've been watching a bunch of his tape today and the more I watch the more I fall in love with him, he could be a perfect fit I feel for us. He would offer that organic pass rush that we are perhaps missing. He's an absolute unit, that has no difficulties get to the passer and isn't a liability in run overage either. I like the way he locates the ball on his tackles and is so strong he tends to knock it out. At times he seems like a man competing against boys. I like him a lot. I don't know about a comp but I do see a player I like a lot, that may be a target for 1b or 2a (although I can't see him dropping that low).

The whole thing with this draft is if you do not need a qb, there are so many good players in the 4- 20 spot. With so many great wrs we are going to be able to at least get 2 starters in this draft

Back
Top Bottom