The Pach's 2021 Linebackers (Underclassman) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Linebackers (Underclassman)

I know I've looked at and talked about Tulsa LB Zaven Collins before. But I can't find it anywhere. Probably the FH search function coming up poorly again.

Anyway, he's a friggin monster. I want.

Junior Seau. That's who he reminds me of.
I see some Jason Taylor in his game. I know the competition at Tulsa isn't SEC, so he might not come in a produce at a high level right away.

A possible 10-6 team with 4 top 50 picks, a rookie franchise QB and HC. Talk about trending up.

The 4 pics will be critical in determining our path to true perennial contender.
What’s the vision?
Address all weaknesses or build a dominant identity?

Seems obvious needs are WR, RB DT LB
Our WRs get minimal separation, our RBs aren’t dynamic and we still have hard time stopping the run.
Lesser extent: C, FS, Edge
Great question. All along I've been thinking load up talent around Tua. That still could be the approach.

But if Miami could add a standout defender among those top four picks, the team could potentially matchup better against athletic quarterbacks.

The Jets are apparently Watson's first choice. Even if New York decides not to go that route, Fields and Wilson are both athletic and likely targets in the draft.

Who knows what the Patriots will do. Buffalo has Allen. All three teams could end up with athletic quarterbacks and that was a huge problem area for Miami.

I just watched

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah​

highlights for the fist time…and I see he is not listed in the first post.

Wow…this kid can ball - smaller size a 215 lbs but he can hit, he can cover, he has shown that he forces fumbles, he had six touchdowns and 6 or 7 interceptions...

Butkus Award Winner too.

I just watched

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah​

Wow…this kid can ball - smaller size a 215 lbs but he can hit, he can cover, he has shown that he forces fumbles, he had six touchdowns and 6 or 7 interceptions...

Butkus Award Winner too.

He has 1 career INT.

I just watched

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah​

Butkus Award Winner too.

Try my Senior linebacker thread if you get a chance

Pach you got thoughts on any of the next class yet?

Was really digging into Carson Strong and I'm pretty intrigued there.

Big arm. He's definitely not a guy that's going to keep hitting the front of the rim. Seems ridiculously accurate, truth be told. The ball placement isn't always perfection but the consistency of his delivering the football to a catchable spot is uncanny. And the deep ball usually ends up on the line and in front of the guy on the run, like I said he's not a guy who undershoots.

The throwing skills are significant but the thing that gets me a little bit more than that is the demeanor. Is it me, or does he just never, ever look panicked? Even when he's getting sacked. It's not that he's got dead feet. They're active, but relaxed.

The way he floats in the pocket and seems to feel everything in advance, never panic, get out of the rush if he can and take the sack if it's a pressure you can't get out of, etc. I know exactly how cliche it is to compare every pocket passer coming out to Tom Brady but I went ahead and checked a video of Brady's first NFL start just to be sure and it's almost a dead ringer.

I'm curious what his personality is in the locker room and in film study. He certainly looks like he studies. But I'd want to know how he gets on with teammates.

Granted this isn't the formula everyone's looking at today. We want the guy who runs a 4.5 or 4.6 and plays sandlot football. But Strong looks like a pretty compelling throwback.

Zaven Collins is a stud of a linebacker. He is so instinctual. Eyes always on the ball. Never takes bait. Understands zone concepts better than anyone in the draft. He's got great size but can move. Shuffles from side to side. Always low in his backpedal. Shoots gaps. Wrap up tackler. Above average blitzer. The beating heart of a very good Tulsa team.

Couldn't believe Dylan Moses wen't undrafted, Must be more damage to that knee then we know about... Still WTF did we not beat down the door to get him as a UDFA or trade a 6th next year to get him in round 7. Either that knee is shot or some GM's fell asleep at the Wheel

Moses went to the NFL to continue rehab on his knee. He was honest and disclosed that to teams behind the scenes - which is why nobody was willing to use a pick on him.

If his knee still isn’t right by now, the question is whether it ever will be. Although even without the knee injury he still has other issues that need addressing in terms of playing the linebacker position.

We all certainly wish him the best.

Back
Top Bottom