The Pach's 2021 Offensive Line (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Offensive Line (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Tackle/Guard:

1. Penei Sewell / Oregon / 6’6”, 325

2. Christian Darrisaw / Virginia Tech / 6’5”, 311

3. Alijah Vera-Tucker / USC / 6’4”, 310

4. Wyatt Davis / Ohio St. / 6’4”, 313

5. Jalen Mayfield / Michigan / 6’5”, 319

6. Adrian Ealy / Oklahoma / 6'6", 326

7. Brady Christensen / BYU / 6’6”, 295

8. Samuel Cosmi / Texas / 6’7”, 300

9. James Hudson / Cincinnati / 6’4”, 302

10. Jackson Carman / Clemson / 6’5”, 345

11. William Sherman / Colorado / 6’4”, 310

12. Foster Sarell / Stanford / 6’7”, 308

Center/Guard:

1. Creed Humphrey / Oklahoma / 6’5”, 312

2. Drew Dalman / Stanford / 6'3", 300

3. Trey Hill / Georgia / 6’4”, 330

4. Josh Meyers / Ohio St. / 6’5”, 310

Last edited:
That OSU offensive line must be a heck of a unit with your top UC guard, #3 UC OT, #4 senior OT, and #3 center. I appreciate that you do these threads Slimm/PW.

Trey Hill is a guy to keep an eye on for Miami.

Damm, Daniel Faalele is huge makes Becton look tiny

Penei Sewell may be better than any of the tackles that came out this year. The kid is a stud.

That OSU offensive line must be a heck of a unit with your top UC guard, #3 UC OT, #4 senior OT, and #3 center. I appreciate that you do these threads Slimm/PW.

That was the problem when we drafted Isaiah Prince last year. Everybody on the Buckeyes line looked better than him. I mentioned it at the time. Many of the backups were better...much better. It was difficult to find an uncoordinated Ohio State offensive lineman but we managed.

I go back and forth on Daniel Faalele because I'm usually skeptical players THAT far out-sizing historical comparison end up successful. I mean yes there have been some 400 lbs guys to play in the NFL but none I'd probably ever write home about.

I don't know if he's got the foot speed or quickness to play the position at the next level. But I'll say this. He has a well-timed punch. He made Chauncey Golston his personal rag doll, punching him straight to the ground at least twice, without even leaning into him. Just a straight punch. Golston is 6'5" & 270 lbs.

I go back and forth on Daniel Faalele because I'm usually skeptical players THAT far out-sizing historical comparison end up successful. I mean yes there have been some 400 lbs guys to play in the NFL but none I'd probably ever write home about.

I don't know if he's got the foot speed or quickness to play the position at the next level. But I'll say this. He has a well-timed punch. He made Chauncey Golston his personal rag doll, punching him straight to the ground at least twice, without even leaning into him. Just a straight punch. Golston is 6'5" & 270 lbs.

I'm with you. I'm always skeptical of guys that size. But watching his tape I see a guy light enough on his feet and able to move well enough to play offensive tackle. He can play. He's not supposed to be able to move like he does. The skeptical side is the only thing that starts him out this low in my initial 2021 ranking. He might just be better than that. I don't see him get beat.

As opposed to a kid like Cosmi with the perfect frame. I watch this kid get pushed back, beat, and in desperate need of technical refinement every other snap. I'm just not seeing what those that pump him a 1st round franchise caliber left tackle are seeing.

That was the problem when we drafted Isaiah Prince last year. Everybody on the Buckeyes line looked better than him. I mentioned it at the time. Many of the backups were better...much better. It was difficult to find an uncoordinated Ohio State offensive lineman but we managed.

Yep. Isaiah Prince was the often source of Buckeyes fan frustration over the course of his career there. He was often terrible.

Love Wyatt Davis though. Another kid I've watched and followed from high school on. Another product from these continually loaded St. John Bosco teams.

Jemalre Salyer should be on this list.

Damn... Just watched a little on the kid but YIKES a monster and kinda shocked how well he moves.
Certainly not a ballerina but seems to get off well with decent quicks and light on his feet! That seems
kind of illegal given his physicality. And it seems he plays with a tad big-nasty, which of course I'm
totally down with! Maybe he plays at 380 in the NFL (LOL) but he's gotta draw a lot of attention!

Thanks...

I'm with you. I'm always skeptical of guys that size. But watching his tape I see a guy light enough on his feet and able to move well enough to play offensive tackle. He can play. He's not supposed to be able to move like he does. The skeptical side is the only thing that starts him out this low in my initial 2021 ranking. He might just be better than that. I don't see him get beat.

As opposed to a kid like Cosmi with the perfect frame. I watch this kid get pushed back, beat, and in desperate need of technical refinement every other snap. I'm just not seeing what those that pump him a 1st round franchise caliber left tackle are seeing.

There’s one play I think about with Faalele, whenever I am tempted to get too high on him. It was against Wisconsin. Zack Baun lined up to his side in a rush position. Off the snap, he turned his shoulders out to the sideline and took maybe one step back. Faalele read coverage and immediately came over to double team the 3-technique. Baun made a bee line straight to the QB. When Faalele saw it, he tried to get back out, but stood zero chance.

Here’s the thing. Every player can make mistakes. But when I watch it, and I’m using my imagination to project him into the NFL, there will be all kinds of situations where he’s got very little time to react and come out to a blitzer, or a stunting player, etc.

Prepared movements are not a problem for him, as you say. That’s really saying something, for a 400 pounder. But unprepared movements? Getting those 400 lbs to zig off a sag? He looked helpless on this play. And I think the NFL will end up requiring a lot of unprepared, reactive movements from virtually any lineman.

I’m not trying to say anything conclusive about him. Just that IF he fails at the next level, that’ll probably be why.

Petit-Frere - Humphrey '21. Our OL would be colossal.

Jackson
Flowers/ Kindley
Humphrey/ Deiter
Hunt
Petit-Frere/ Davis

Back
Top Bottom