The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Seniors)

Dude. Bailey Zappe. Wow. Hell of a performance.

Yes sir.

D'Eriq King looks thicker than he did at Houston - looks good. We list him at 5'11", but looking at him standing next to 5'10" running back Don Chaney, King has to be 5'9" at best. Maybe 5'8".

Yes sir.

D'Eriq King looks thicker than he did at Houston - looks good. We list him at 5'11", but looking at him standing next to 5'10" running back Don Chaney, King has to be 5'9" at best. Maybe 5'8".

I've always loved watching him as a college player. And I know he's had seasons that made the analytics people go bonkers. But he's not a pro, IMO. He doesn't have the arm talent to overcome the physical shortcomings (no pun intended). It's not a Russell Wilson/Kyler Murray situation.

As for his height, he was once asked about his 5'11" & 195 lbs listing, whether it's accurate. His response was, "Uh, not exactly. The weight is not too far off, but my height is a little bit shorter than that."

Dude. Bailey Zappe. Wow. Hell of a performance.
Yes sir.

I was looking at the La Tech -25 points vs Houston Baptist as a laugher and then got a look at Zappe vs Texas Tech. All of a sudden that sure thing started looking like a really bad bet.

I know I'll catch the Big 12 blah blah from the typicals but I'm sticking behind Ehlinger as legit.

Didn't see the game but i saw KJ Costello threw for 600 yards against LSU. Does he have the potential to make a Joe Burrow rise this year?

Didn't see the game but i saw KJ Costello threw for 600 yards against LSU. Does he have the potential to make a Joe Burrow rise this year?

I doubt it. Costello already has a lot more on tape than Burrow did. A lot of Leach QB’s throw for a lotta yards. Several factors played into the results of that game.

Derek Stingley didn’t play, Kary Vincent didn’t play. Tyler Shelvin didn’t play. LSU lost about 100 players from last year including both coordinators.

Costello was tough yesterday and hung in there and made some good throws. But he made a lot of mistakes too that are just part of his overall game. And Kylin Hill did a lot of damage on his own after the catch.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that was the best game Costello has all year. SEC defensive coordinators are going to be more and more prepared for Leach’s offense and Costello as they get more on film. Although Costello did improve his stock ever so slightly in my opinion.

I started him out ranked a little low by a couple of spots intentionally. I tend to do that when I’m looking for some specific improvements.

Last edited:
Kyle Trask is the kid that I’ve kinda believed has more potential for that Joe Burrow type meteoric rise - although I doubt anything quite to that extent is ever seen again.

He’s a huge kid with that has the prototype pocket QB frame that the NFL likes. He won’t wow you with arm talent or athleticism, he just grinds you down with his consistency. He’s the same guy on every play. Over and over and over and over again. You don’t see that a lot.

Trask always knows where to go with the football, very similar to Burrow. Decision making, accuracy and consistency are Trask’s strongest traits. Those three things translate to the next level.

Kyle Trask is the kid that I’ve kinda believed has more potential for that Joe Burrow type meteoric rise - although I doubt anything quite to that extent is ever seen again.

He’s a huge kid with that has the prototype pocket QB frame that the NFL likes. He won’t wow you with arm talent or athleticism, he just grinds you down with his consistency. He’s the same guy on every play. Over and over and over and over again. You don’t see that a lot.

Trask always knows where to go with the football, very similar to Burrow. Decision making, accuracy and consistency are Trask’s strongest traits. Those three things translate to the next level.

The Kyle Trask story is really remarkable. He was behind D'eriq King in high school and then Franks at UF.

He only had a few small time offers until the Gators found him by chance and he's made the most of his opportunity.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the first round.

Good analysis. Kyle is not the athlete Burrow is but he always seems to deliver the ball to the right target. He is also very well versed in the pocket. He hangs in the pocket to deliver the ball and moves within the pocket. Really impressive for someone that didn't play a game rep for a few years. He reads the field very well, and it is not uncommon to see him go through his entire progression to eventually find his 3rd or 4th option. High level stuff, the arm is pretty weak though. I think he is going to have a long NFL career as a backup that can win or keep you in games when called upon. Possible Chad Pennington type ceiling IMO
As a Gator fan, I always wonder how a "QB whisperer" can watch him and Franks every day and decide to keep running Franks out there..

Good analysis. Kyle is not the athlete Burrow is but he always seems to deliver the ball to the right target. He is also very well versed in the pocket. He hangs in the pocket to deliver the ball and moves within the pocket. Really impressive for someone that didn't play a game rep for a few years. He reads the field very well, and it is not uncommon to see him go through his entire progression to eventually find his 3rd or 4th option. High level stuff, the arm is pretty weak though. I think he is going to have a long NFL career as a backup that can win or keep you in games when called upon. Possible Chad Pennington type ceiling IMO
As a Gator fan, I always wonder how a "QB whisperer" can watch him and Franks every day and decide to keep running Franks out there..

That's easy. Franks has an entire tool box full of elite physical tools to work with. As a coach, that's the guy you want to fix. But what you end up realizing is that you just can't coach instincts, accuracy, intangibles or leadership - and you can only coach decision making to a certain extent.

Some guys are just late bloomers.

Franks is terrible and Trask has a weak arm. I understand what Mullen what thinking. But sometimes you just have to make the players prove you wrong even though you already know you probably are. As a coach you take the challenge to mold and develop talent. Sometimes it just doesn't work out though.

Ultimately out-gunned two weeks in a row but I like what Collin Hill has done as the starter at South Carolina. He has shown that coming over from Colorado State to the SEC is not an issue.

If teams can get beyond the three ACL tears to the one knee, which is a big IF I'll grant you, then he's going to rightly catch some attention as one of the better QB prospects in this upcoming draft...which unfortunately, as of right now, I'm not sure that's saying a whole lot.

I've been fairly impressed with Collin Hill, and I tend to give him all the slack in the world for the knees because there's just not any Senior QB's that impress me. I just wish he would've stopped to set his feet on that last throw to Smith in the endzone that he threw behind him.

Although Smith essentially dropped the TD pass on the play before that was a great throw by Hill. Collin Hill can spin it. No doubt about that.

Back
Top Bottom