The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Seniors) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Seniors)

A plague of unfinished catches in that game.

I should mention that whenever they've fleshed out the question over and over again how/why Collin Hill came to be the starter over Hilinski, which is one of the bigger upsets among all camp battles all over the country I'd say, the coaches readily point out that Collin Hill came over and won over the locker room very quickly. The rest of the players evidently love him. And then the other thing they cite is what we already know: he's just flat out better.

Last edited:
A plague of unfinished catches in that game.

I should mention that whenever they've fleshed out the question over and over again how/why Collin Hill came to be the starter over Hilinski, which is one of the bigger upsets among all camp battles all over the country I'd say, the coaches readily point out that Collin Hill came over and won over the locker room very quickly. The rest of the players evidently love him. And then the other thing they cite is what we already know: he's just flat out better.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them keep not finishing those catches so they can hurry up and fire Muschamp - so we can hire him to run Saban’s defense.

Kid in there now just has no clue. I’ve never seen a DC manage to get his linebackers isolated in coverage as much as Pete Golding.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind seeing them keep not finishing those catches so they can hurry up and fire Muschamp - so we can hire him to run Saban’s defense.

Kid in there now just has no clue. I’ve never seen a DC manage to get his linebackers isolated in coverage as much as Pete Golding.

Sounds like all is not well on the home front. Sorry to hear.

Doesn’t change my opinion On him as an NFL prospect, however guarantano is playing much better and w/ much more confidence. He’s executing their small ball game and throwing good balls when they get their chance to take it deep. He believe in himself and his team mates right now. He’s still not seeing open receivers 10 yards in front of his face but he’s certainly playing more efficiently

And Tennessee showing up at the goal line twice in a row actually proud to be there. It’s been awhile. Let’s see if guarantano can protect a lead on the road.

Doesn’t look good as he fumbles immediately coming out the half

Big favorite of mine, very unfortunate string of knee injuries.

Is there a QB prospects that would be a decent backup? Assuming Fitzpatrick retires at the end of the year, so Dolphins should be looking for a prospect in the mid / late rounds.

Not sure how good Jake Luton will actually be, but what QBs project into the good backup slot?

Suspect they'll want to keep on with the veteran backup thing for a while, beyond Fitzpatrick.

There are advantages to hiring a smart veteran who has played for a couple of different teams, played for and against a bunch of different coordinators and schemes. They bring things to the QB room that can be used on Sunday by the real star of the show.

We've talked about him before but in a class full of trash, Bailey Zappe is a legit standout.

Versatile arm. Can really pull the string when he needs to, can throw it sidearm if he needs to, can execute throws at really awkward angles on the move, can throw the big moon ball deep to let a receiver run under it, and then if you just stand him up and give him footwork to execute, he can throw the heater as well. Pretty much everything you could want. Lively feet, too.

Four-year starter, two-year standout. That fits. He's 6'2" & 215 lbs (listed that way and he's verified it in interview). That fits. Elevated his game when he played legit FBS opponents like Texas Tech and La Tech. That fits.

I'm not tempted to compare him to a Jimmy Garoppolo because the idiosyncratic elements aren't quite the same. But I'm not seeing anything that makes me want to wave off a Tony Romo comparison...

Only one offer coming out of High School...to HBU. That's crazy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom