The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Seniors) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Seniors)

I’ll make an aggressive bet on him...start a game in the NFL. Or pass for 150 yards.
Golly, those are really lofty accomplishments!

I think Rosen exceeded those!

Sure you want to take that kind of risk???

:lol:

Granted it's difficult to formulate a viable wager that satisfies some reasonable time frame
coupled with some definitive measurable. So maybe we'll just keep a watch on the kids
Pro career and soon enough realize, as per my offer -- the kid doesn't nail down a starting
NFL QB job and keep it for a season with a winning record. How many seasons? 3? 5? 7?
I seriously doubt the kid is in the NFL in 3 years...

But -------- as always, I reserve the right to be wrong.

Golly, those are really lofty accomplishments!

I think Rosen exceeded those!

Sure you want to take that kind of risk???

:lol:

Granted it's difficult to formulate a viable wager that satisfies some reasonable time frame
coupled with some definitive measurable. So maybe we'll just keep a watch on the kids
Pro career and soon enough realize, as per my offer -- the kid doesn't nail down a starting
NFL QB job and keep it for a season with a winning record. How many seasons? 3? 5? 7?
I seriously doubt the kid is in the NFL in 3 years...

But -------- as always, I reserve the right to be wrong.

They are really lofty accomplishments if he’s as poor as you say. Again, the burden of proof is on you, not me. You’re the one trashing the kid. Bet on it.

You obviously feel like he’s somewhere between Brandon Doughty and Josh Rosen. Today’s practice squad Josh Rosen that couldn’t beat out a crippled fat kid of course - not the one that you insisted was going to be so great up until he was cut.

Any of ‘em might not be in the NFL in 3 years. Enough bullsh!t already. Put some money precisely on how bad he really is or go put on your little pastel pj’s and turn in for the night. Show me something for once. Now’s your chance.

They are really lofty accomplishments if he’s as poor as you say. Again, the burden of proof is on you, not me. You’re the one trashing the kid. Bet on it.

You obviously feel like he’s somewhere between Brandon Doughty and Josh Rosen. Today’s practice squad Josh Rosen that couldn’t beat out a crippled fat kid of course - not the one that you insisted was going to be so great up until he was cut.

Any of ‘em might not be in the NFL in 3 years. Enough bullsh!t already. Put some money precisely on how bad he really is or go put on your little pastel pj’s and turn in for the night. Show me something for once. Now’s your chance.
"pastel pj’s" That's cute you cheeky rascal!

Actually the burden of proof is on Mac. My core point is -- the Pro QB position is
more and more about being an athlete -- or you better have some really special
arm skills etc. to compete and win. Jones has neither requisite.

So, here's my final offer -- the kid never becomes a full time starter and lasts as
a full time starter for more than 16 consecutive games. Time frame = first 3 years
in the league. Record means nothing. Pass rating means nothing. Just start 16+ games
as the guy.

He's got 2021, 2022 and 2023 to get 'er done! If he's worth crap he'll make you a winner!

Well you need those things if you’re going to be a playmaker, but not to be a starter. You need poise, accuracy, decision making, a solid system and good talent around you to be a starter and excel if you’re Mac10.

He’s not a playmaker, but he has enough to get by in the right situation. It’s all about the situation he lands in.

He may not have Minshew’s mustache, but he has at least that much ability. This is Mac’s first year playing. It’d be hard to get me to bet on very many one year starters. Just not enough there to go on.

Im very impressed with some of Mac's throws, Im impressed with Mac Jones. The only reason I have him as rd 2 is his frame and athletic ability. I give a nod to Trask as first rounder at this time because he is big, and can stand in the pocket. If Jones wins it all, that will change things for me.
Nonetheless, I would not have an issue if teams consider him first rounder, even top 10, he is starter material, immediate starter. Just like Tua.

Wow, Ian Book plays almost identical to Fitz. The odd splash play, followed by an INT, the scrambling. Chan would love him.

One guy that I want to get more of a look at for the QB position is David Moore of CMU, who transferred there from Memphis.

At Memphis he was Riley Ferguson's backup. Then when Ferguson left for the NFL, there was a competition between David Moore and Brady White for the job. It was actually a four-way competition but I think most would've thought it really boiled down to those two.

The transfer was mysterious. Brady White had not won the job, and observers couldn't really come to a conclusion as to who won it. But Moore said that he was told in June by several junior colleges that, for whatever reason, according to their insiders with Memphis, no matter what Moore did in the QB competition, Moore was not going to be get the job. He initially brushed it off as recruiting tactics, but as the competition unfolded, he really started to feel they were correct. So he transferred to Garden City Community College in 2018, and then to Central Michigan in 2019.

At Garden City in 2018, he was 71 of 122 for 871 yards, 4 TD, 4 INT, with another 5 TDs on the ground. At CMU in 2019, he was 94 of 164 for 1143 yards, 5 TD, 4 INT, and another TD on the ground. In his only action at Memphis in 2017 he was 7 of 10 for for 63 yards and a TD with 8 runs for 47 yards. This clearly isn't an analytics play.

At Central Michigan, Moore was initially behind the Quinten Dormady, who was a high recruit, went to Tennessee and lost his job to Jarett Guarantano, went to Houston and lost his job to D'Eriq King, and then came to CMU as a graduate transfer. But Dormady got injured, and Moore played four games in his place, until Moore himself was suspended in October for testing positive for a banned substance. Jim McElwain attributed it to over the counter supplements. There were a few bread crumbs that suggested that Moore might've continued on as starter even as Dormady got healthy, until the suspension.

Moore tested positive for Ligandrol and the M3 Metabolite Turinabol. The problem is, Moore tested positive for Turinabol a second time, even though he had stopped taking the supplement. The president of Banned Substances Control Group said that Moore's story is believable, and Moore was attempting to appeal to the NCAA over his second positive test. But the NCAA didn't rule on it until December 18th of 2020, after CMU's shortened season was already over. I know that CMU's coaches were really steamed about the NCAA refusing to hear the appeal before the season.

He could potentially have had another year of eligibility in 2021 if he was granted a waiver by the NCAA. But rather than jump through more hoops with an NCAA that had already failed him, he decided to enter the Draft.

I just know that heading into 2020, Moore was THE guy for CMU. When he failed to get the NCAA to even take a look at his appeal in time for the 2020 season, Charlie Frye was forced to re-shape the entire offense into half-Wildcat.

The sense I get is that CMU staff loved Moore a whole lot. It is entirely possible he was getting a raw deal from Mike Norvell in Memphis, and that he just fell victim to taking the wrong OTC supplements.

I think he looks pretty good when I watched him in games. He's a toolsy guy at 6'2" with a pretty good arm, good QB skills. He's also mobile, athletic. I like the way the ball comes off his hand. He's got good football control and I think some inherent accuracy. Very nice, over the top delivery. Snappy, can get the ball off even without his feet under him. Active feet, good base. He knows how and when to grip it and rip it. Throws a nice looking deep ball. Bright guy, like I said the CMU coaches loved him. He reminds me a little bit of Kellen Mond.

I watched him at Garden City when they played Hutchinson. He hit two quick-kicks in the game, one for 62 yards that completely flipped the field position, and the other he pinned at the 3 yard line. So maybe at least he can be a punter. ;)

I just have a feeling this is one of those guys where if ya know, ya know. Wouldn't surprise me he ends up with a UDFA contract. Possibly from the Dolphins, since Charlie Frye is now their QB Coach.

Moore was invited to the Hula Bowl, Tropical Bowl, and College Gridiron Showcase, so definitely some scouts have noticed him and got him into those practices. Ironically, Moore ended up the lead QB for team Aina at the Hula Bowl, and Brady White was the lead QB for team Kai.

Last edited:
The downside of course is that at one of the All Star events he measured out 6002 & 189 lbs.

And I'm humble enough to be reminded of another guy with similar (actually a bit smaller) dimensions who I really loved and who was just not destined to do anything in the NFL.

But Miami has to build around Tua Tagovailoa, who is the same height as David Moore. They need to jump into it head-first in terms of the offense they build around him, or else it's not going to work. And if they do that, I wouldn't be surprised if a David Moore could work out as backup similar to how a Chase Daniel worked out nicely as Drew Brees's backup.

Ya'll killing me with all these David Moores.

I think Chase Daniel worked out so well as Brees backup because he didn't have to play.

On a side note FCS spring football starts Saturday. New Mexico St. (former FBS program as part of the Sun Belt then went Independent) has a player or two I'm interested in seeing. They're scheduled to play a few games this spring.

I know. You know how hard it is searching twitter for video clips of QB David Moore from either the Hula Bowl, College Gridiron Showcase, or Tropical Bowl...and not end up with either OL David Moore from the Senior Bowl, or WR David Moore for the Seahawks? Brutal.

Have you looked at Brady Davis of Southern Illinois?

He was at the Hula Bowl. He's tall, seems like a legit 6'3" or 6'4" (which is his listing).

I've honestly seen just one throw and he already has my attention. I don't want to make a big deal about one play but there's quite a bit happening on just this one play. I counted at least 8 or 9 legit positive evaluation points on just this one play.

What'll really make you pull your hair out is there's even more Memphis QB transfers spread out across the landscape. I think Texas St. has one now.

But no I've never given Brady Davis a look. I'd continue searching those other All-Star games for a developmental prospect though - because I just already know that a lot of the Seniors in my list just aren't going to make it. There's no uncertainty in it.

What'll really make you pull your hair out is there's even more Memphis QB transfers spread out across the landscape. I think Texas St. has one now.

But no I've never given Brady Davis a look. I'd continue searching those other All-Star games for a developmental prospect though - because I just already know that a lot of the Seniors in my list just aren't going to make it. There's no uncertainty in it.

Yeah that's my sense and my frustration. All those guys on UDFA list...I don't really want any of them except Collin Hill. Maybe Jamie Newman.

Based on what I've seen I'd rank Brady Davis ahead of David Moore, and I like Moore.

Brady is from out your neck of the country. He was Mississippi HS player of the year back in 2014.

Yeah that's my sense and my frustration. All those guys on UDFA list...I don't really want any of them except Collin Hill. Maybe Jamie Newman.

Based on what I've seen I'd rank Brady Davis ahead of David Moore, and I like Moore.

Brady is from out your neck of the country. He was Mississippi HS player of the year back in 2014.

The Davis kid looks like he has some tools to work with. Love me some Mississippi high school football.

Back
Top Bottom