The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Seniors) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Seniors)

The Davis kid looks like he has some tools to work with. Love me some Mississippi high school football.

Yeah that practice footage put up by a family member of his looks pretty fantastic. They weren't sacking him, but it was still full speed. It's the same team drills as anything you see at the Senior Bowl. If there was a Senior Bowl QB making those throws during Team then the media would be fawning over him.

He left reads on the field though and he was a little late on more than just a couple of those throws. So it's definitely a tools story. But that's a pretty grand set of tools. And when one of them is "accuracy" then watch out.

I think Brady Davis may have the second most pure arm talent in this whole draft. Does that sound nuts? It’s what I see.

It helped to go back and watch Brady Davis face off with Collin Hill back in 2018 because I know how much arm talent Hill has so it's a nice cheat to see them juxtaposed on the same game film.

A couple of things really stand out. One of them being, yeah the arm talent is just legit immense.

And the other being that he reminds me quite a bit of Trevor from the feet. And that's part of the cool stuff about Trevor, even if you take issue with some of the other things.

Then you add on the pro style offense, the fact he was making all the calls at the line in 2019 to get them into the right running plays so that James Robinson could go HAM...and I can't help but feel guilty being asleep at the wheel here.

Another good matchup that way was Brady Davis vs. Trey Lance in October 2019. They didn't get to face each other in the championship game rematch because Davis was injured.

Last edited:
I have Kellen Mond being a steal if he gets past the 3rd round.

Last edited:
Kellen Mond is one of those kids that should be a lot better than he is - especially after 4 years. Because he's just not very good in my opinion.

one of the most inconsistent QB's ,i've ever seen in the SEC...

Absolutely, Namor. In most classes I think you fall into 1 of 6 categories as a quarterback prospect:

1. College QB with no shot to be a starter at the next level because of a lack of requisite physical tools. (Every QB at the Senior Bowl other than Mac Jones and Kellen Mond)

2. College QB with a longshot to be a brief starter at the next level because of physical tools, but lacking in other areas. (Kellen Mond's category)

3. Great college QB with no shot to be a starter at the next level because of a lack of requisite physical tools.

4. Great college QB with a longshot to be a brief starter at the next level because of physical tools, but lacking in other areas.

5. College QB with a good shot to be a starter at the next level because of great physical tools.

6. Great college QB with a good shot to be a long term starter at the next level because of requisite physical tools, in combination with being strong in other areas.

Essentially, you fit into one of these 6 categories as a college quarterback. The extent to which your NFL career pans out is determined by other factors such as health, coaching, and surrounding talent.
Unfortunately, the problem for a lot of young quarterbacks is there are a few teams that couldn't surround a clover if they had a flock of sheep.

If i paid Jimbo all that money and all he could come up with was Kellen Mond..i'd be pissed as a trustee....

Mond was there before Jimbo; i don't know whether Jimbo has his heir apparent lined up.
everyone knows he was there a year before Jimbo,..in three years Jimbo should have recruited someone better than Mond....i mean MY God!!!

Back
Top Bottom