The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

Hard to say. I doubt it, but you never know.

I remember when Kevin Sumlin was the next rising star. And Scott Frost..... Gus Malzahn, etc.
I def thought Gus Malzahn was a rising star in the craft..guess I was wrong .

Just want to go on the record here for Zach Wilson..

Pro’s

Hi level Qb talent, blue chip worthy Qb prospect.

Excellent HD vision of the field, and has the ability to watch more than one route at the same time transpire.

Has the escapability talent that now teams finally understand and desire.

Accurate thrower of the football.

Excellent mechanics from top to toes, has great posture in the pocket which allows himself to play taller and see the field very easily.

Has touch throws in the repertoire, can throw in between zones with that touch.

won’t throw screen passes that have the potential for negative plays, sees defenders who have sniffed out the play early.

Shows Real good running ability in the open field for a qb..

Throws off different platforms and uses different arm angles to get throw thru traffic.

Very competitive player.

Wants to be great, passionate about the game.

I won’t say cons, just things he needs to be coached up and get better at.

He needs to stop showing off and practicing off platform throws and focus more on the fundamentals of making the simple throws, at times he loses his mechanics because he thinks it’s such an easy throw he can just get it there without focus of feet, hips and shoulders.This causes his inaccuracies from time time.

Needs to learn to slide better period, sometimes he thinks he’s Josh Allen but he shouldn’t.

He has a live good arm, but not a gun..Level below Allen, Mahomes and Rogers.

Need to make sure surgery on throwing shoulder checks out and has no long term debilitation affects..

Must keep focus on mechanics and fundamentals..Gets to loose at times because the game is easy for him.

****y kid who has some immaturity and just a bit of a lack of awareness, but when you are this talented that’s gonna happen.

He’s been coddled and praised his whole life, and has gotten all the girls, I would need to have personal conversations to feel comfortable that he won’t get caught up in the fame.

Conclusion..

I think because of his passion for the game and the intellect to know that he needs to study it will overcome the desire to be famous.

He’s every bit the prospect Trevor Lawrence is imo..

might take him a year to feel the speed of the game, but if the shoulder and ego don’t derail him, he will be a great Qb, a really talented instinctual Qb and worth a #1 overall pick

I'm not too sure about Zach Wilson. Not really too sure about any of these quarterbacks other than Trevor and Fields, and I'm not where I was with Josh Allen and Sam Darnold on those two. I think it's one of those Christian Ponder, E.J. Manuel, Blaine Gabbert type classes. I'm just not sure I can buy it on this class the way it's being sold.

If Zach Wilson was that good I would've known it sooner. This kid has never gotten it done against a ranked team. BYU always has players, it's not like he was playing with Eastern Michigan talent.

I get annoyed by the Patrick Mahomes comparisons people keep bringing up about Zach Wilson.

They should talk to people who actually appreciated Patrick Mahomes for what he was, before they make that comparison.
Even still..no one much really thought Patrick Mahomes would be the "Dammmnnnnnn!" Patrick Mahomes he's become...if they knew, he would have no question been not only a Top 3 pick, but obviously the #1 pick overall in his draft class or pretty much any the last 10 or 15 years if he was in those draft classes and had the kinda success he's having.

Even still..no one much really thought Patrick Mahomes would be the "Dammmnnnnnn!" Patrick Mahomes he's become...if they knew, he would have no question been not only a Top 3 pick, but obviously the #1 pick overall in his draft class or pretty much any the last 10 or 15 years if he was in those draft classes and had the kinda success he's having.

I knew. And he was my top overall prospect in that draft. I'd been gushing about him for several years before he was drafted, all the way back to like 2014-15. And I wasn't the only one, by any means. Brett Veach of Kansas City came to feel the same way, said he was the best QB prospect he'd ever seen.

Can I see your list? Easy to say now. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :cool: :KIP:

You are under the mistaken impression that I care what you think enough to start digging up old tweets and such.

People who know me, know. And I don't particularly care that you don't.

Twitter has a search function.

You are under the mistaken impression that I care what you think enough to start digging up old tweets and such.

I don't follow you on twitter nor know your handle.

Sensitive much? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wilson has the tools. But the numbers are wacky. Can't rely on it. Same with Lance's 2019 season. the best we can say is these guys have the tools, but we cannot say anything about how their game translates to NFL. We just do not know, they come from wacky offenses.
Fields is his own worst enemy, he makes the game harder than it needs to be. Kind of like Newton and Wentz. Everything is a strife. But, he has the body and the arm and athleticism to deal with it and if he can improve just a little bit, and he will, he'll be very very good.
To me only Lawrence is first round.

Presuming Trevor Lawrence is a Jaguar, I'm taking Justin Fields over any other QB available.

In 2-3 years time i think people are going to look back at this in hindsight and wonder how this was even a debate between Fields, Wilson, Lance, and Jones.

That poster still wouldn't get it even if you showed it to 'em. It'd be like showing Rembrandt to Ray Charles.

I don't follow you on twitter nor know your handle.

Sensitive much? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sensitive? I don't particularly think so. I don't expend the energy to suffer fools though. When I say that I had a guy #1 in a class and you start asking for a printed draft guide, that's foolishness. And I don't have the time or will to deal with that.

Sensitive? I don't particularly think so. I don't expend the energy to suffer fools though. When I say that I had a guy #1 in a class and you start asking for a printed draft guide, that's foolishness. And I don't have the time or will to deal with that.
It doesn't seem like a foolish request, to me lol..anyone can claim that they had, "SO and SO #1 back in ____ year, etc." Sorry it's too much effort and energy to expand for you lol

Back
Top Bottom