The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

Im not sure about any of the quarterbacks until the season is over and they had played all the games. But right now Trask and Wilson are better than Lawrence. However, Lawrence is a champ and that gives him #1 status.

I would really like to see Lawrence playing with lesser talent around him to see how he would fare.

He has some good NFL traits but is he really the can't miss prospect that Andrew Luck was?

I would really like to see Lawrence playing with lesser talent around him to see how he would fare.

He has some good NFL traits but is he really the can't miss prospect that Andrew Luck was?
I'm always happier when the prospect I am eyeing has had to lift and carry his team... that shows so much more than just being a piece in a juggernaut team.

I pretty much answered that question over a year ago. However, he’s the best quarterback prospect in this class.

Thats a really interesting take. Seeing the nfl is loaded with talent compared to college. Most would want to see Lawrence against better competition not with lesser talent. Maybe there's some high-school film?

From a layman eyeball test , Trevor Lawrence is the best QB prospect in this draft and it's not even close.

I think the concern with/for him would be a dumpster fire organization like the Jets or Jaguars ruining him. The Jets are well covered mess and the Khan family is one of the worst ownerships in the NFL.

I am not saying he isn't the #1 QB in this class.

I am just questioning whether he is the all time, can't miss prospect he is being hyped to be.

I am not sold on Fields either, although he does appear to have improved his passing this season.

Trey Lance intrigues me but he will need a lot of polishing at the NFL level. I like him more than Jordan Love who was a similar prospect.

Wilson's level of comp is a question and i don't know what to make of Trask and his huge numbers.

Other than Lawrence if i was looking for a QB this year I might invest in Lance over the other 4.

I am not saying he isn't the #1 QB in this class.

I am just questioning whether he is the all time, can't miss prospect he is being hyped to be.

I am not sold on Fields either, although he does appear to have improved his passing this season.

Trey Lance intrigues me but he will need a lot of polishing at the NFL level. I like him more than Jordan Love who was a similar prospect.

Wilson's level of comp is a question and i don't know what to make of Trask and his huge numbers.

Other than Lawrence if i was looking for a QB this year I might invest in Lance over the other 4.

If it were my job, I wouldn't tie my wagon to anyone this year besides Lawrence; I haven't seen Lance play so I don't really have an opinion on him either way.

Ouch. How is CC so good this year? Sheesh. And I know Grayson McCall from somewhere. Can't remember where.

They're not quite as good as their ranking in reality, but they are good. Bunch of undersized kids that play with their hair on fire and are so well coached. But they sneak in some day 3 NFL talent sprinkled throughout their roster on both sides of the ball. Defense and the play of the freshman quarterback is the key. He's going to be better than anyone realizes and he's barely gotten his career started.

That defense swarms like an SEC defense to the football, just without the size. They're all SEC rejects that have a chip on their shoulder. They get after the quarterback. I believe they rank top 5 in the country in terms of sack rate and forcing opposing QB's into off target throws. Therein lies the formula to make your football team a tough out for anybody.

You're going to see things like this begin to creep their way into the Power 5 and the NFL next year after it makes it's way around coaching clinics this summer.

Is it possible Jamey Chadwell is the next big talent in coaching?

I'm not talking about a hot name that pops up every year but more like generational/once a decade talent like Meyer or Saban. I would include Dabo but I think his formula lies within his assistants and his ability to recruit moreso than his coaching ability. I think Rhule was on his way to that but he jumped to the NFL.

Is it possible Jamey Chadwell is the next big talent in coaching?

I'm not talking about a hot name that pops up every year but more like generational/once a decade talent like Meyer or Saban. I would include Dabo but I think his formula lies within his assistants and his ability to recruit moreso than his coaching ability. I think Rhule was on his way to that but he jumped to the NFL.

Hard to say. I doubt it, but you never know.

I remember when Kevin Sumlin was the next rising star. And Scott Frost..... Gus Malzahn, etc.

Why is Lance in red?

I think it's pretty obvious Zach Wilson has jumped him at this point. That BYU Cougar is QB2 all day for me.

Last edited:
Trey Lance might still stay in college football, no? Transfer and play somewhere he can show out better, like Bailey Zappe is doing.

Back
Top Bottom