The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Trevor Lawrence / Clemson / 6’6”, 220

2. Justin Fields / Ohio St. / 6’3”, 228

3. Zach Wilson / BYU / 6'3", 210

4. Davis Mills / Stanford / 6'4", 225

5. Trey Lance** / N. Dakota St. / 6’3”, 224

6. Mac Jones / Alabama / 6’3”, 217

Last edited:
Slimm, what your take on the overall class compared to 2020? It does seem much deeper than the last 2 QB classes. Ridder is a personal favorite of mine, unfortunately he's not been listed on any of the preseason rankings. What your take on that?

Slimm, what your take on the overall class compared to 2020? It does seem much deeper than the last 2 QB classes. Ridder is a personal favorite of mine, unfortunately he's not been listed on any of the preseason rankings. What your take on that?

It's difficult to compare classes accurately at this point without knowing exactly which players are even going to be part of the class. The only thing I'd say is I don't see a Tua level quarterback in this class. This QB class could potentially be deeper than the last two classes, but not as strong at the top in my opinion. I've always believed Kyler Murray and Tua are both better than the QB's at the top of this class.

Ridder is an NFL prospect. Perhaps even as a late 1st round pick. He has the ability and the talent to be one - mobile and can make any throw with arm talent. He just doesn't have much around him at Cincinnati - similar to Jordan Love at Utah St. Other teams inside the AAC like UCF, Memphis, Houston, SMU, Temple, etc. all have better skill position talent than Cincinnati.

I am honestly surprised to see you have Lawrence above Fields. Just out of spite :lol:

I agree with this list, Tanner Morgan is all hype without the talent.

It's difficult to compare classes accurately at this point without knowing exactly which players are even going to be part of the class. The only thing I'd say is I don't see a Tua level quarterback in this class. This QB class could potentially be deeper than the last two classes, but not as strong at the top in my opinion. I've always believed Kyler Murray and Tua are both better than the QB's at the top of this class.

Ridder is an NFL prospect. Perhaps even as a late 1st round pick. He has the ability and the talent to be one - mobile and can make any throw with arm talent. He just doesn't have much around him at Cincinnati - similar to Jordan Love at Utah St. Other teams inside the AAC like UCF, Memphis, Houston, SMU, Temple, etc. all have better skill position talent than Cincinnati.
As usual, I appreciate your opinions and insite to these kids and their potential pro prospects. You do great work.

I am honestly surprised to see you have Lawrence above Fields. Just out of spite :lol:

I agree with this list, Tanner Morgan is all hype without the talent.

I like to dlck around with all you knuckleheads from time to time, but I try to be pretty solid when it comes to how I rank these prospects.

I love Trevor and he's wonderfully talented and a great kid. I think he can be a solid quarterback in the NFL someday. However, if you evaluate anything beyond the 6'6" part and the out of control firehose attached to his shoulder - he just doesn't impress me. I give him every opportunity to do it just like I do with everybody else.

He's overrated due to ridiculous hype. But he's still a good player. Good enough to be the top underclassman QB on my board.

Tanner Morgan is a winner and has some intangibles. He just doesn't have the arm talent to project as much more than a backup type.

I like to dlck around with all you knuckleheads from time to time, but I try to be pretty solid when it comes to how I rank these prospects.

I love Trevor and he's wonderfully talented and a great kid. I think he can be a solid quarterback in the NFL someday. However, if you evaluate anything beyond the 6'6" part and the out of control firehose attached to his shoulder - he just doesn't impress me. I give him every opportunity to do it just like I do with everybody else.

He's overrated due to ridiculous hype. But he's still a good player. Good enough to be the top underclassman QB on my board.

Tanner Morgan is a winner and has some intangibles. He just doesn't have the arm talent to project as much more than a backup type.

He definitely hit the ground running his freshman year, and he does a lot of things really good, but he is not Andrew Luck or a Tua type prospect. I knew that as soon as he started struggling with easy passes early last year. He misses way to many easy ones to be that level, but when he's on and hitting his shots so to speak there's very few that do it as effortlessly.

I agree about Morgan, but I see another Fromm with him.

I love Trevor and he's wonderfully talented and a great kid. I think he can be a solid quarterback in the NFL someday. However, if you evaluate anything beyond the 6'6" part and the out of control firehose attached to his shoulder - he just doesn't impress me.

Dang -- now that's a well played metaphoric image! One of your best Patchy!

:lol:

People are catching onto Trey Lance, fast.

Especially NFL scouts. I think they might have him even a little above where Pach does.

28 passing TDs. 14 rushing TDs and no INTs last year....................its not all about stats but damn.

Back
Top Bottom