The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

Perhaps if you'd put your PETA leaflet down and quit protesting for second you'd have seen it the first time I used it 6 months ago.

Wake up nastytasty.

And get a job.

The title of this print?

Hosed!

:lol:

hosed.jpg

BTW Hillbilly -- that's a triple entendre if you didn't catch it!

People are catching onto Trey Lance, fast.

Especially NFL scouts. I think they might have him even a little above where Pach does.

I was just gonna mention him. In addition to HS, I follow FCS, mostly the Big Sky, and the FCS postseason.

Lance had a phenomenal redshirt frosh. season last year. IMO, he’s got many of the tools the next level is looking for. However NDST has so much talent and has been so dominant at the FCS level that it’s hard to know how good he really is. Things are often made easy.

That said, I liked what I saw in 2019 and it’ll be interesting to see how he performs again in 2020. He’s certainly got to be on everyone’s radar by now.

At some point down the road, I can see him being considered the clear cut #3 QB in this class should he declare. And if Fields should stumble in a big way, possibly #2.

BTW, one thing among these top prospects that shouldn’t be any concern is size. They’re all physically gifted.

Last edited:
Rodgers is Simon's best friend. But now Rodgers probably hates me.

Aaron Rodgers would have to be an idiot to hate that pick. It was the most ineptly viewed draft pick of all time. Aaron Rodgers has been coasting for 5 years. He says all the right things but he's not even close to his form or intensity level of his peak. Check the numbers. Check anything. The media has been far to kind to him. Seemingly only Bob McGinn -- hesitantly -- has pointed out that Rodgers is simply not doing what he is capable of.

The last thing the Green Bay Packers needed was another patchwork wide receiver. They needed Aaron Rodgers to have a proper kick in the pants. Jordan Love provides that. Otherwise even if the drop kick doesn't work they have a prospect with great potential to kick Aaron Rodgers to the curb. The Packers were a 13-3 team by those digits only. By standard criteria a case can be made they were more like 9-7 to 7-9. Great credit to the brass for recognizing that and sensing the only way they could restore to actual 13-3 level is to jolt Aaron Rodgers.

Too bad that Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament probably won't be played this July. Rodgers always participates and gives a very long straightforward interview from the 17th tee on Saturday regarding how he approached the offseason and how he views the forthcoming Packers season.

Aaron Rodgers would have to be an idiot to hate that pick. It was the most ineptly viewed draft pick of all time. Aaron Rodgers has been coasting for 5 years. He says all the right things but he's not even close to his form or intensity level of his peak. Check the numbers. Check anything. The media has been far to kind to him. Seemingly only Bob McGinn -- hesitantly -- has pointed out that Rodgers is simply not doing what he is capable of.

The last thing the Green Bay Packers needed was another patchwork wide receiver. They needed Aaron Rodgers to have a proper kick in the pants. Jordan Love provides that. Otherwise even if the drop kick doesn't work they have a prospect with great potential to kick Aaron Rodgers to the curb. The Packers were a 13-3 team by those digits only. By standard criteria a case can be made they were more like 9-7 to 7-9. Great credit to the brass for recognizing that and sensing the only way they could restore to actual 13-3 level is to jolt Aaron Rodgers.

Too bad that Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament probably won't be played this July. Rodgers always participates and gives a very long straightforward interview from the 17th tee on Saturday regarding how he approached the offseason and how he views the forthcoming Packers season.

I assume anything is possible. But frankly I don't see Jordan Love being a legit threat to Rodgers
for quite a while -- certainly not in '20 and good luck in '21. So in terms of "motivation" I don't
think it's a winning bet -- tho of course it does send some kind of "message" Aaron's way...

I think there are a number of ways to decode that message -- including the simple fact the Packer
org is more focused on post Rodgers than maximizing the roster right NOW to support him to win NOW.
All I know is that if I was Rodgers I would definitely look at the addition of Love less as and immediate
threat than some inevitable replacement. Is that recognition sufficient to "motivate" a player you obviously
believe lacks motivation??? Given the total dynamics involved including millions of dollars already in the
bank ------------- I don't know.

Love to GB made all the sense in the world.

love is great value at that slot in the draft. He needs a year or so of grooming, you pair that w/ the way the packers have handled the QB position the last 20 years and it all checks out.

Rinse repeat up there.

Seem very very low on tanner Morgan

Love initially frustrated me particularly because of the lack of anticipation. He’d tend to be a tick slow, like he’s got to see it first then pull the trigger. His accuracy is not great. But, over time, I accepted that you don’t draft him for those things. You draft him because he’s a playmaker. He can extend plays and has a rocket arm. He can change the velocity and even arm slot on his throws, which isn’t the most common attribute in a young QB. If you are nursing a lead late, this is not a guy who you want to see trot out on the field for the other team. He will be downright scary.

It is not a popular view and it is a rare occurrence but I like all four first rounders. Every year, as fans we have our favorites and the guys we don’t like. I’m not sure I’ve felt this way since maybe the big three of 2004, but I really think the four first round QBs can be very good quarterbacks in the league. We will see on that. They all bring something different, but I believe these guys will all be impact guys.

Last edited:
I don’t know if Pach shares this opinion or not.

I think the NFL has had a string of pretty good QB prospects enter into it the last number of years.

But then when I look at the younger kids coming up thru the pipeline, Trevor Lawrence aside, I think we are in for a little bit of a lull.

Back
Top Bottom