The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

My comp is Cam Newton. Very worthy of first round pick.

I don’t think that’s a horrible comp, although the running ability or pure physical dominance isn’t nearly the same.

I think many see fields as a polished, ready to go star QB. I think the bust potential is actually pretty large.

he’s a R1 grade for me. And I would buy the upside if I needed a QB. However for me he grades out closer to Jalen hurts, than to Trevor Lawrence.

he’s a R1 grade for me. And I would buy the upside if I needed a QB. However for me he grades out closer to Jalen hurts, than to Trevor Lawrence.

It's that kind of a year, there is Trevor Lawrence in the draft. But after that, you have to decide whether it's Fields, Trask, Mac Jones, Wilson. He is up there as a prospects. I think he is RD1, and in many other years, he is #1 overall.

Reactions: A1.
Justin Fields has the physical skills but he’s a long ways from being ready to start in the NFL. Has a long ways to go in terms of reading defenses, looking off defenders and beating the blitz.

He’s one of these kids that have always been the biggest, fastest, most athletic and most talented. He’s never had to take his craft seriously, and that’s why Kirby let him go. If he ever begins to take these humblings the right way and use ‘em to get better - he has all the tools to be a great player.

I know it’s early but What’s your thoughts on Freshman DJ Uiagaleilei? That kid has the makeup of a good QB in that Clemson offense. I think he’ll look better than Lawrence. Him and Bryce Young look to be the next crop of up and coming QBs. Then Arch Manning.

I know it’s early but What’s your thoughts on Freshman DJ Uiagaleilei? That kid has the makeup of a good QB in that Clemson offense. I think he’ll look better than Lawrence. Him and Bryce Young look to be the next crop of up and coming QBs. Then Arch Manning.

Hes already better at throwing the ball than Lawrence.

I think Trey Lance is going to rocket up the rankings after he works out.

I certainly wasn't comparing Zach Wilson to Patrick Mahomes from a player standpoint. That would be ridiculous and unfair on the former. I was merely using Mahomes as an example of someone who didn't win in college. There are plenty of others.

I think Wilson does a good job in the pocket. He has a feel for the rush and gets outside of it to buy more time when he needs to.

There's nothing third rail about comparing a player to Patrick Mahomes. It's not off limits in any way. Everyone likes to pretend now that they always loved Mahomes but the fact of the matter is he had serious detractors coming out of college and he was by no means a perfect prospect. When you're doing comparisons you're always looking at the comparison to the prospect.

But in this case it's just not the right comparison. Their game and circumstances just aren't similar.

BZap is a Power 5 quarterback. Keep an eye on Jeremy Pruitt and Tennessee.

Back
Top Bottom