The Pach's 2021 Runningbacks (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Runningbacks (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Javonte Williams / UNC / 5’10”, 220

2. Kenneth Gainwell** / Memphis / 5’11”, 194

3. Chuba Hubbard / Oklahoma St. / 6’0”, 208

4. Javian Hawkins** / Louisville / 5’9”, 196

5. Jermar Jefferson / Oregon St. / 5’10”, 208

6. Jaret Patterson / Buffalo / 5’9”, 195

7. Brenden Knox / Marshall / 6’0”, 223

8. Stevie Scott / Indiana / 6’2”, 231

9. Pooka Williams / Kansas / 5’10”, 170

Last edited:
Don't sleep on Journey Brown from Penn State. He's 216 pounds, but his calling card is tremendous speed.

PSU used running back by committee last year, but he emerged over a group of more hyped recruits to average 6.9 ypg and rush for 202 yards in the Cotton Bowl. Had 12 rushing TDs and an 85-yard run on which he didn't score early in the year.

Don't sleep on Journey Brown from Penn State. He's 216 pounds, but his calling card is tremendous speed.

PSU used running back by committee last year, but he emerged over a group of more hyped recruits to average 6.9 ypg and rush for 202 yards in the Cotton Bowl. Had 12 rushing TDs and an 85-yard run on which he didn't score early in the year.

Penn State has a lot of players. Every time I watch them I steadily grasp how well Franklin is recruiting. I read today they flipped a kid who had been committed to Clemson

Any testing numbers out there on David Bailey?

Just read Journey Brown is going to miss the rest of the 2020 season for some kind of medical treatment. ?

I watched the FSU/UNC game last night and came away extremely impressed with Javonte Williams.

If he declares he would be someone i would target.
Yea I know nothing about these guys but came in here to see if he’s even a thing. Saw him ranked 13 here. Guys a stud in the few plays iv watched. Breaking tackle after tackle

Got one for ya @Pachyderm_Wave I'd like you to check out. Jaleel McLaughlin entered the transfor portal from Notre Dame College, prob should've entered portal as soon as his sophmore season was completed.

I know a small school back, but if he stayed, prob break every ncaa career rushing record.

2019 stats 2316 rushing yards 30 tds

one other question i had, I was trying to locate him in the transfer portal (the kid graduated from my highschool) and the portal just seems insane. Has transferring always been this expansive and we just now hear more about it. For the longest time, mostly all i ever heard about was the basic, JUCO transfers up to NCAA level

Has transferring always been this expansive and we just now hear more about it. For the longest time, mostly all i ever heard about was the basic, JUCO transfers up to NCAA level

Not even close. College football people like me talked about this at length years ago when things like waivers and the transfer portal were being discussed. It's become like free agency now with all the movement.

The NCAA hands out waivers like Halloween candy now. When players knew they would have to sit out a year for transferring it deterred a lot of the movement that's going on now. However, you could always transfer down a level without having to sit out a year.

The real purpose of JUCO was always meant to help players get their grades in order if they committed to a bigger program but couldn't qualify academically. Now it's also used as a daycare where they babysit malcontents and/or players that have been kicked out of bigger programs.

Eventually everything gets dumbed down in the good ol' USA. I almost went down a rabbit hole here but that's for another board I suppose.

Not even close. College football people like me talked about this at length years ago when things like waivers and the transfer portal were being discussed. It's become like free agency now with all the movement.

The NCAA hands out waivers like Halloween candy now. When players knew they would have to sit out a year for transferring it deterred a lot of the movement that's going on now. However, you could always transfer down a level without having to sit out a year.

The real purpose of JUCO was always meant to help players get their grades in order if they committed to a bigger program but couldn't qualify academically. Now it's also used as a daycare where they babysit malcontents and/or players that have been kicked out of bigger programs.

Eventually everything gets dumbed down in the good ol' USA. I almost went down a rabbit hole here but that's for another board I suppose.

OKay was thinking it sounded outrageous to me, and the transfer portal looked unreal with the amount of names listed. I know you have to develop a program, not a team, but it almost seems like some of the big time Unis are just a breeding ground to ship players off to now power 5 schools. Every year ECU has 4-5 hand-me-down power 5 guys transfer in.

I really am interested to see what the McLaughlin kid can do at higher levels though. I guess i was having a brain fart when i typed he should've entered portal after last season. I was pretty sure JUCO could auto transfer up, i was just assuming Div 2 could transfer up without having to wait a year.

But im off topic, maybe you'll be able to revisit the kid next year when he gets a chance at a higher level. At Division 2 I'm sure his track star speed just blows by everyone, Power 5, most of the DB's and some backers are going to have the track star speed

OKay was thinking it sounded outrageous to me, and the transfer portal looked unreal with the amount of names listed. I know you have to develop a program, not a team, but it almost seems like some of the big time Unis are just a breeding ground to ship players off to now power 5 schools. Every year ECU has 4-5 hand-me-down power 5 guys transfer in.

I really am interested to see what the McLaughlin kid can do at higher levels though. I guess i was having a brain fart when i typed he should've entered portal after last season. I was pretty sure JUCO could auto transfer up, i was just assuming Div 2 could transfer up without having to wait a year.

But im off topic, maybe you'll be able to revisit the kid next year when he gets a chance at a higher level. At Division 2 I'm sure his track star speed just blows by everyone, Power 5, most of the DB's and some backers are going to have the track star speed

High school football was always my first love and I probably enjoy watching lower levels of college football more than most people. I'll take a look at him.

I see a lot more D-II and D-III football than I'd ever admit to. Although I watch it more to see what innovations are making their way up the ladder from high school that will eventually be in the bigger realms of the FBS, and subsequently in the NFL than for the talent.

If a D-II or D-III kid is a legit prospect you won't have to look very hard for him on the field. He'll stick out pretty good at that level.

Back
Top Bottom