The Pach's 2021 Runningbacks (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Runningbacks (Underclassman)

Journey Brown recently retired from football due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Poor kid, he was very talented!

Always liked Mike Epstein. Injury issues I believe.

I like Brenden Knox a lot too. Always seems like Marshall has a player or two I really like.

Last edited:
He also runs like a pissed off rhino

I first saw him against FSU this year and since then i've been paying particular attention to him.

I hope he's on their radar.

He's a heck of a back if he can shore up his pass catching. Had that brutal drop in that game on 4th down where he was wide open and just dropped the pass that sealed the loss.

Penn State has a lot of players. Every time I watch them I steadily grasp how well Franklin is recruiting. I read today they flipped a kid who had been committed to Clemson
As a long time PSU fan I'd love to know why they suck.

Yeah, I figured. Thank you PW.

Look at all the programs that have players quitti - I mean opting out left and right - and those that don't. Ask yourself what you see different in terms of the programs that are winning and those that crash and burn.

It's the culture.

You have programs that have people filling these kid's heads with advice to be all about themselves and not their teams. I read it here everyday. You have guys that have the letter "C" sewn on their jerseys quitting on their teams. You've encouraged a bunch of me, me, me players at these programs. Which is fine if you don't want to play for anything and lose your ass off. But it won't fly at certain places.

If you don't want to come play for the guy next to you and are only worried about your future draft stock - and plan on quitting on me and everybody else as soon as things get tough, don't bother even committing to my school. You need to go somewhere else. Because I'm going to win with you or without you.

That's exactly the message that a select few coaches manage to get across to recruits during the process. Most of 'em can't get that message across though.

If you want 'em treated like they're NFL players - then don't be surprised when they start acting like 'em - Me, Me, Me.

Last edited:
That's interesting.
I've never been a fan of Franklin's. Actually, last fall, I teach high school, and I looked out my classroom window and James Franklin walked by. Looked me straight in the eye.
He was here for Todd Rucci's son- former NE Patriot Guard- who ultimately chose Wisconsin.
But I can see this. There are three elite schools, maybe four, and then all the rest are kind of clumped in there, ranked between 18 to 7.
I listened to a pretty good Joel Klatt interview with Cowherd talking about why these schools(Michigan, PSU, Texas, etc) can't seem to break into that elite group.

That's interesting.
I've never been a fan of Franklin's. Actually, last fall, I teach high school, and I looked out my classroom window and James Franklin walked by. Looked me straight in the eye.
He was here for Todd Rucci's son- former NE Patriot Guard- who ultimately chose Wisconsin.
But I can see this. There are three elite schools, maybe four, and then all the rest are kind of clumped in there, ranked between 18 to 7.
I listened to a pretty good Joel Klatt interview with Cowherd talking about why these schools(Michigan, PSU, Texas, etc) can't seem to break into that elite group.

Yep, it's the culture. Saban's don't just grow on trees. Outsiders like to criticize him, but he knows what works - and more importantly why it works. You either buy in or go try to find success another way. Good luck. Because he's going to win with you or without you.

Julio Jones talked about that a lot as the reason why he committed to Alabama. Other coaches were making all kind of promises - all Saban told him was he could come in and compete for playing time - but he was going to win with him or without him. A person like Julio Jones appreciates that type of straight forward honesty, even as a 17 year old. The one's that don't want to hear that type of stuff go elsewhere and quit when things get tough. They just want the promises of things they don't have to earn.

Dabo's don't grow on trees either. He played for Gene Stallings. Walked on and earned a scholarship at Bama under one of the toughest coaches I've ever been around or met. Stallings was a true reflection of his coach - Bear Bryant.

Harbaugh is more interested in having creepy sleep overs with recruits and taking trips to Rome and making promises. It gets you nowhere.

Kirby Smart learned everything from Saban - probably too much. He tries to emulate every single thing Saban does in terms of running a program. But the problem with Kirby is that he lacks the conviction. He doesn't understand the "why". He's just doing it that way because it's the only way he knows.

Don't be surprised if Texas make a run at Urban Meyer. They have the money and resources to get him. He might be on a flight to Austin tonight.

Yep, it's the culture. Saban's don't just grow on trees. Outsiders like to criticize him, but he knows what works - and more importantly why it works. You either buy in or go try to find success another way. Good luck. Because he's going to win with you or without you.

Julio Jones talked about that a lot as the reason why he committed to Alabama. Other coaches were making all kind of promises - all Saban told him was he could come in and compete for playing time - but he was going to win with him or without him. A person like Julio Jones appreciates that type of straight forward honesty, even as a 17 year old. The one's that don't want to hear that type of stuff go elsewhere and quit when things get tough. They just want the promises of things they don't have to earn.

Dabo's don't grow on trees either. He played for Gene Stallings. Walked on and earned a scholarship at Bama under one of the toughest coaches I've ever been around or met. Stallings was a true reflection of his coach - Bear Bryant.

Harbaugh is more interested in having creepy sleep overs with recruits and taking trips to Rome and making promises. It gets you nowhere.

Kirby Smart learned everything from Saban - probably too much. He tries to emulate every single thing Saban does in terms of running a program. But the problem with Kirby is that he lacks the conviction. He doesn't understand the "why". He's just doing it that way because it's the only way he knows.

Don't be surprised if Texas make a run at Urban Meyer. They have the money and resources to get him. He might be on a flight to Austin tonight.

I've heard numerous times that the only job Saban would leave Alabama for is Texas. If Meyer takes the Texas job that would be a whole other level of savagery on his part knowing that Herman was his assistant.

I know Meyer didn't like Herman taking a dump on Texas players that were already at the program when Herman arrived.

I am surprised Herman isn't working out for Texas.

He's a heck of a back if he can shore up his pass catching. Had that brutal drop in that game on 4th down where he was wide open and just dropped the pass that sealed the loss.

Yeah that may have just been butterfingers on his part. He's a decent receiver from everything else i've seen.

I've heard numerous times that the only job Saban would leave Alabama for is Texas. If Meyer takes the Texas job that would be a whole other level of savagery on his part knowing that Herman was his assistant.

I know Meyer didn't like Herman taking a dump on Texas players that were already at the program when Herman arrived.

I am surprised Herman isn't working out for Texas.

Texas tried to get Saban but it didn't work. They threw the brinks truck at him a couple of years ago. If you listen to people inside the Texas program they say they had him. But it's not the truth.

What a lot of coaches at other big programs around the country don't realize when dealing with all these highly recruited 4 and 5 star players is that you have to de-recruit them once you get 'em on campus. You have to undo that entire process, and it's where most programs that reel in a lot of this 4 and 5 star talent fail.

It's the key part of Saban's process that facilitates the unprecedented consistency and success that he achieves. Sometimes it just doesn't work for some of the kids and they end up transferring out. The competition is fierce once you arrive in Tuscaloosa.

By the same token, you see what can happen when lowly rated kids buy in to Saban's process like Josh Jacobs. Mark Ingram, Javier Arenas, etc. that didn't have big time offers and were rated 2 and 3 star recruits come in and outwork and outperform the highly rated 5 star competition. Josh Jacobs didn't even have any Division I offers a month before signing day. Missouri and Oklahoma came in late with offers after they realized Alabama was on him and Saban was evaluating him in person - but it was too late.

Back
Top Bottom