The Pach's 2021 Tight Ends (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Tight Ends (Underclassman)

Everything you want in today's "Tight End" Very very fluid for a guy his size. Top 20 pick. Noah Fant went 20th, I think Pitts is better

Just got his 5th TD in 5 quarters. Guys a cheat code

Pitts is very impressive, might be the #1 TE.

Is Jordan really 245?

He does not look that heavy to me, he looks more like a WR than a TE.

Catching up on Pitts. He’s a Travis Kelce clone if he can wear a little more weight. Sheesh

Catching up on Pitts. He’s a Travis Kelce clone if he can wear a little more weight. Sheesh

He's nowhere near as good as Trav as a blocker. Kind of an unfair comparison to Pitts imo.

I see him more in the Gesicki or Noah Fant mould. Not much in the blocking department, but truly special athletes and excellent receivers.

Reactions: A1.
He's nowhere near as good as Trav as a blocker. Kind of an unfair comparison to Pitts imo.

I see him more in the Gesicki or Noah Fant mould. Not much in the blocking department, but truly special athletes and excellent receivers.

I’ll take your word. This past Saturday is the first i sat down and watched him and he looked to be a damn good blocker from what I saw. That extra 20 lbs would go a long way as well. He does look special

Pitts ran 4.9 coming out of high school.

was he a wide receiver transfer to TE? I don’t see 4.9 speed, but I’m admittedly late on this guy as TE and UF just aren’t two things I pay attention to outside of draft season.

I thought he looked like a plus blocker Saturday. He has that Kelce-like fluidity

if he’s true 4.9 though thats a battle to keep his athleticism if he were to get into the 250s.

he sure looks faster than that. Very sooth and fluid. Do you see 4.9 now? I don't think he is a burner but I would be shocked if he was over 4.7s

Probably 4.7's. A few aspects of Pitts game that translate to the next level are the way he runs his routes, reaction time, and dominant ball skills. He's able to sink his hips in and out of breaks for such a tall kid and that's what helps him create some separation despite not necessarily being a 4.5 speed guy. It'll be interesting to see how he tests.

Guys like Noah Fant, Devin Funchess, etc. were very similar to Pitts but better athletes. Wouldn't surprise if Pitts ends up a better player than either, but I think the athletic testing could hurt him some come draft time.

However, the thing I like most about him is he's always ready to immediately make a football move as soon as he catches the ball. Whether it's a stiff arm, etc. He immediately catches the ball - secures it quickly - and transitions from catch to run immediately with a football move. I think those three things can translate.

Last edited:
Probably 4.7's. A few aspects of Pitts game that translate to the next level are the way he runs his routes, reaction time, and dominant ball skills. He's able to sink his hips in and out of breaks for such a tall kid and that's what helps him create some separation despite not necessarily being a 4.5 speed guy. It'll be interesting to see how he tests.

Guys like Noah Fant, Devin Funchess, etc. were very similar to Pitts but better athletes. Wouldn't surprise if Pitts ends up a better player than either, but I think the athletic testing could hurt him some come draft time.

However, the thing I like most about him is he's always ready to immediately make a football move as soon as he catches the ball. Whether it's a stiff arm, etc. He immediately catches the ball - secures it quickly - and transitions from catch to run immediately with a football move. I think those three things can translate.

Heck of a blocker too.

He moves like a basketball player, has great ball skills, and very RAC ready as you say. That's good enough for me in the passing game. Wouldn't be overly obsessed about the 40 time. This isn't a Durham Smythe or Will Dissly. He'll make noise as a pass catcher in the NFL.

Reactions: A1.
Heck of a blocker too.

He moves like a basketball player, has great ball skills, and very RAC ready as you say. That's good enough for me in the passing game. Wouldn't be overly obsessed about the 40 time. This isn't a Durham Smythe or Will Dissly. He'll make noise as a pass catcher in the NFL.

Basketball back ground makes sense. He has that fluid movement to him

Just like Kelce benefits from his basketball career.

Will Mallory won't come out this year. He'll be the go-to TE next year for the Canes. He's got more inline ability than most on that list but not the speed of the top 3...good route runner and good hands though.

Back
Top Bottom