The Pach's 2021 Tight Ends (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Tight Ends (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Kyle Pitts / Florida / 6’6”, 246

2. Pat Freiermuth / Penn St. / 6’5”, 258

3. Brevin Jordan / Miami / 6'3", 245

4. Hunter Long / Boston College / 6’5”, 254

5. Tommy Tremble / Notre Dame / 6’4”, 248

Last edited:
With a better QB and better OC, Jordan will be TE1.

I have faith that Will Mallory will rise up draft boards as well....

Freiermuth is a beast hands down no.1

He does a ton of things well. Definitely more well rounded than Jordan who is more of a Njoku-type tight end, although more wiry and better.

The only aspect that concerns me about Freiermuth is that I was shocked several times at how little spring he appeared to have, while forced to jump for slightly errant throws. His feet barely left the ground. I am reminded of that Mark Andrews play against the Titans last year in the playoffs.

I looked it up and sure enough, Freiermuth's vertical jump during the high school testing was only 28 inches. His 40 wasn't good either at 4.95. I think he could be an offensive version of Chase Young where all the components look great and that lends to an overboard evaluation of how athletic he is.

I won't be shocked if Freiermuth likewise decides to skip the combine, or cherry picks the tests he is willing to take.

Miami should target friermuth more than any other offense skill player in next years class
I believe he will be my favorite player in the draft come time. I would love for him to be a Miami priority target.

Wouldn’t surprise me if feirmuth ran mid 4.7s it’s his short area quickness which helps him win on iso on 3rd down and move the sticks and his frame which are the true selling points.

Miami has to gauge where that speed relative to that frame and upside as a result of the frame as an in line tight end measure out draft pick value wise.

wherever it is be ahead of that curve. I’ve watched him wear out sec level db athletes with quick cod that would lead to more college production if the QBs timing was more in sync conceptually with ball out of hand.

that kids da goods.

I think he could be an offensive version of Chase Young where all the components look great and that lends to an overboard evaluation of how athletic he is.

There was nothing overboard about Chase Young.

I watched Fla/Ole Miss yesterday, and Kyle Pitts destroyed Ole Miss to the tune of 8/170/4. Dude was a beast in that game and Ole Miss couldn't stop him.

Back
Top Bottom