The Pach's 2021 Tight Ends (Underclassman) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Tight Ends (Underclassman)

Just was pointing out you did your math wrong. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

He sure did do a number on Saban's boys..one player can't beat a whole team by himself.

Don't kid yourself, Pachy..you know Pitts is the best player in this draft..if not 1b. to Lawrence..you won't even bet straight up on him to be worse than Smitty. Anyway, be well. šŸ˜‰

Well I second guess anything I think I know if it aligns with one of your takes.

I am well son. Need not worry yourself about ol' Pachy.

Does anyone think that Pitts has to get rid of his signature stutter step off the line in route or just allow him to implement at the next level?

I don't see why he'd need to get rid of the hesi. It's a staple when you're running routes from the tight end position. You have to create confusion about whether you're just into the short hook zones or you're heading to the deep middle or seam.

Does anyone think that Pitts has to get rid of his signature stutter step off the line in route or just allow him to implement at the next level?

Depends which routes he's running and how much he uses it. Hesitating and allowing the outside guys to clear a second opens more spacing if he's working underneath......and you can catch the LB/DB flat-footed then smoke him once you see him on his heels.

Depends which routes he's running and how much he uses it. Hesitating and allowing the outside guys to clear a second opens more spacing if he's working underneath......and you can catch the LB/DB flat-footed then smoke him once you see him on his heels.
Understood, things move faster at the next level, timing based offense might have issues.

Top 4 all have 1st round talent.
Me reading this after the Hunter Long pick.

giphy.gif

Me reading this after the Hunter Long pick.

giphy.gif

Well, the top 4 looked a little different when I said that. It contained a couple of kids like Charlie Kolar that decided to return for their Senior season rather than enter the draft.

Although I will say I contemplated putting Hunter Long #3 here among my underclassman. In reality itā€™s probably where he belongs.

Long is the best ALL AROUND tight end in the class. Heā€™s the best traditional ā€œYā€ TE because he does everything well. He doesnā€™t have a glaring weakness.

After A.J. Dillon moved on to the NFL in last yearā€™s class, Hunter Long became the absolute focus of Boston Collegeā€™s offense this season with a legitimate NFL QB in Phil Jurkovec. They tried to get him the ball at least 6-8 times every game and ACC defenses knew it and couldnā€™t really stop him.

BC tight ends have traditionally transitioned well to the next level, and Hunter is the best theyā€™ve had at the position in well over a decade. I think heā€™ll play for 10 years in the NFL and have an Anthony Fasano type career. This kid can play football.

My prediction is that heā€™ll take somebodyā€™s job.

Well, the top 4 looked a little different when I said that. It contained a couple of kids like Charlie Kolar that decided to return for their Senior season rather than enter the draft.

Although I will say I contemplated putting Hunter Long #3 here among my underclassman. In reality itā€™s probably where he belongs.

Long is the best ALL AROUND tight end in the class. Heā€™s the best traditional ā€œYā€ TE because he does everything well. He doesnā€™t have a glaring weakness.

After A.J. Dillon moved on to the NFL in last yearā€™s class, Hunter Long became the absolute focus of Boston Collegeā€™s offense this season with a legitimate NFL QB in Phil Jurkovec. They tried to get him the ball at least 6-8 times every game and ACC defenses knew it and couldnā€™t really stop him.

BC tight ends have traditionally transitioned well to the next level, and Hunter is the best theyā€™ve had at the position in well over a decade. I think heā€™ll play for 10 years in the NFL and have an Anthony Fasano type career. This kid can play football.

My prediction is that heā€™ll take somebodyā€™s job.
Hell yeah thatā€™s awesome. I appreciate the insight, especially in light of how down people on the site were when the pick happened.

Seems like we have an extremely talented draft class this year, with less squinting needed than in years past to see how they can contribute.

He does a ton of things well. Definitely more well rounded than Jordan who is more of a Njoku-type tight end, although more wiry and better.

The only aspect that concerns me about Freiermuth is that I was shocked several times at how little spring he appeared to have, while forced to jump for slightly errant throws. His feet barely left the ground. I am reminded of that Mark Andrews play against the Titans last year in the playoffs.

I looked it up and sure enough, Freiermuth's vertical jump during the high school testing was only 28 inches. His 40 wasn't good either at 4.95. I think he could be an offensive version of Chase Young where all the components look great and that lends to an overboard evaluation of how athletic he is.

I won't be shocked if Freiermuth likewise decides to skip the combine, or cherry picks the tests he is willing to take.
You nailed it here.

Iā€™m a huge Pitts fan: production, testing, age, eye ball test...everything is great about him. he murked dudes all over the SEC.

With that being said, just not sure how much he would have added to Miamiā€™s offense. The Fins have a pretty solid facsimile in Gesicki and they do not use him like you would want Putts used.

looking at these prospect profiles, eerily similar:

hopefully the Fins incorporate some TE-centric playcalls (eg 3x1 sets isolating Gesicki) and utilize Gesicki like Waller or how I suspect Pitts will be used

Iā€™m a huge Pitts fan: production, testing, age, eye ball test...everything is great about him. he murked dudes all over the SEC.

With that being said, just not sure how much he would have added to Miamiā€™s offense. The Fins have a pretty solid facsimile in Gesicki and they do not use him like you would want Putts used.

looking at these prospect profiles, eerily similar:

hopefully the Fins incorporate some TE-centric playcalls (eg 3x1 sets isolating Gesicki) and utilize Gesicki like Waller or how I suspect Pitts will be used

Sorry but Gesicki was never the player Pitts is..and never will be. Not in college and not what he is about to become in the pros. Athletically similar, sure. But Gesicki is nowhere near the TE playing the game that Pitts is.

The route running. The hands. Just not the same.

Sorry but Gesicki was never the player Pitts is..and never will be. Not in college and not what he is about to become in the pros. Athletically similar, sure. But Gesicki is nowhere near the TE playing the game that Pitts is.

The route running. The hands. Just not the same.
Im very critical of gesicki but never his hands, their exceptional.

This new kid has really good hands as well..

Back
Top Bottom