The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Seniors) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Seniors)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. DeVonta Smith / Alabama / 6’1”, 175

2. Tylan Wallace / Oklahoma St. / 5'11”, 193

3. Kadarius Toney / Florida / 5’11”, 189 (S/R)

4. Shi Smith / S. Carolina / 5’10”, 186 (S/R)

5. Trevon Grimes / Florida / 6’4”, 217

6. Dez Fitzpatrick / Louisville / 6’2”, 202

7. D’Wayne Eskridge / W. Michigan / 5’9”, 188 (S/R)

8. Amari Rodgers / Clemson / 5’9”, 211 (S/R)

9. Demetric Felton / UCLA / 5'9", 189

10. Nico Collins / Michigan / 6’4”, 215

11. Frank Darby / Arizona St. / 6’0”, 194

12. Cornell Powell / Clemson / 6'0", 205

13. Josh Palmer / Tennessee / 6’1”, 210

14. Austin Watkins / UAB / 6’1”, 207

15. Ihmir Smith-Marsette / Iowa / 6’1”, 183

16. Dazz Newsome / UNC / 5’10”, 190 (S/R)

17. Marquez Stevenson / Houston / 5'10”, 182 (S/R)

18. Dillon Stoner / Oklahoma St. / 6’0”, 198

19. Cade Johnson / S. Dakota St. / 5'10", 186

20. Jaelon Darden / N. Texas / 5’9”, 172 (S/R)

21. T.J. Vasher / Texas Tech / 6’6”, 210

22. Warren Jackson / Colorado St. / 6’6”, 219

23. Tim Jones / Southern Miss / 6'1", 202

24. Jonathan Adams / Arkansas St. / 6'3", 220

25. Damon Hazelton / Missouri / 6’3”, 215

26. Marlon Williams / UCF / 6’0”, 215 (S/R)

27. Josh Imatorbhebhe / Illinois / 6’2”, 215

28. Jhamon Ausbon / Texas A&M / 6’2”, 218

29. Tre Nixon / UCF / 6’2”, 180

30. Tyler Vaughns / USC / 6’2”, 190

31. Tre Walker / SJSU / 5’11”, 180 (S/R)

32. Branden Mack / Temple / 6’5”, 220

33. T.J. Simmons / W. Virginia / 6’2”, 199

34. Racey McMath / LSU / 6'3", 224

35. Damonte Coxie / Memphis / 6’3”, 197

36. Otis Anderson / UCF / 5’11”, 174 (S/R)

37. Eli Stove / Auburn / 6'0", 191

38. Whop Philyor / Indiana / 5’11”, 178 (S/R)

39. Brandon Smith / Iowa / 6’2”, 218

40. Rico Bussey Jr. / Hawaii / 6’2”, 193

41. Adrian Hardy / LA-Tech / 6’2”, 200

Last edited:
Who do you all prefer between Smith and Waddle? I guess the better question is which one would be the best fit in Miami?

Who do you all prefer between Smith and Waddle? I guess the better question is which one would be the best fit in Miami?

I'd take Waddle no matter what team it is. Kid has Devin Hester type abilities as a returner on special teams - in addition to his abilities as a slot receiver.

Jaylen Waddle had some of the best high school tape I'd seen since Noel Devine. Waddle, Devine, Derrick Henry, Sam McGuffie, Reggie Bush....these are a few of the best playmakers I've seen on film coming out of high school in the past two decades.

Smitty is just smooth, elusive, fast, and has the most reliable hands of any receiver on Bama's roster last year. Press him if you want to.

I'd take Waddle no matter what team it is. Kid has Devin Hester type abilities as a returner on special teams - in addition to his abilities as a slot receiver.

Jaylen Waddle had some of the best high school tape I'd seen since Noel Devine. Waddle, Devine, Derrick Henry, Sam McGuffie, Reggie Bush....these are a few of the best playmakers I've seen on film coming out of high school in the past two decades.

Smitty is just smooth, elusive, fast, and has the most reliable hands of any receiver on Bama's roster last year. Press him if you want to.
There were a few times last year when I thought Waddle was Ruggs. So electric and quick in and out of his cuts. I think Chase, Waddle and Smith will go quickly in the draft. Could see maybe six receivers in the first round.

If Hunt works out at right tackle, and I'm Miami, I'd take a wide receiver high. If Hunt shows that he belongs at guard, then offensive tackle becomes a priority over wide receiver. Especially in protecting Tua's blindside.

I would love to add Waddle and Etienne. That would give the Dolphins some playmaking ability on offense.

I prefer Smith, because he's an excellent target - gets to his spots, creates separation, makes tough catches, great deep threat. Waddle is good in these areas, too, and he's a freak with the ball in his hands. Would be murder in SF. But, going into 2020, I trust Smith to get open, make catches, and create more big plays as a deep threat than Waddle.

I like both a lot, though.

As good as Preston Williams looked, your eyes couldn't help but travel to a young Warren Jackson on that CSU offense. As a puppy, he bit Alabama's DBs pretty hard when they played, if I recall right. I've watched a lot of him over the last two college seasons. I'm curious how he develops, how he tests when it comes time for that.

I prefer Smith, because he's an excellent target - gets to his spots, creates separation, makes tough catches, great deep threat. Waddle is good in these areas, too, and he's a freak with the ball in his hands. Would be murder in SF. But, going into 2020, I trust Smith to get open, make catches, and create more big plays as a deep threat than Waddle.

Miami could be in a nice spot to get one of those. I really like them both as well. Probably prefer Waddle as more of a big play guy.

...put some Waddle in the slot!

Yeah baby!

The precise movement we need!

>>> question is >>> how long does that waddle last?

His addition + Tua coming online would be potentially epic!

Seriously. A few good fortune cookie chips our way and

"Miami Dolphins win many many games!"

So much now resides with the Hipster!

I really think we're winning in the football futures market!

As good as Preston Williams looked, your eyes couldn't help but travel to a young Warren Jackson on that CSU offense. As a puppy, he bit Alabama's DBs pretty hard when they played, if I recall right. I've watched a lot of him over the last two college seasons. I'm curious how he develops, how he tests when it comes time for that.
Warren Jackson can play. He's a TE sized WR. Dude is BIG!!! I cant tell you how many times I saw DB's bounce off that guy. Love him!!!

I like Smith, I just worry about the kids body, especially lower extremities.

Kadarius Toney a bit far down the list.

The way he moves is so impressive. I know he's always been an ATH type his whole career and it doesn't necessarily bode well for his digestion of things at the next level, but any hope for the guy? Seems about as gifted as you get cutting and making guys miss, which he's now starting to be able to translate in route running.

Kadarius Toney a bit far down the list.

The way he moves is so impressive. I know he's always been an ATH type his whole career and it doesn't necessarily bode well for his digestion of things at the next level, but any hope for the guy? Seems about as gifted as you get cutting and making guys miss, which he's now starting to be able to translate in route running.

He’s improving as a receiver, but he’s obviously limited as a slot type. His quickness and change of direction is exceptional. Incredibly elusive in tight spaces at making defenders miss.

The play that stands out to me was one he made against Florida St. where he just stopped on a dime and the defender just flew right by him and whiffed. Like he had eyes in the back of his head.

Other issue is I think he’s more quick than fast. I mean he might be a 4.6 kid. I watched him break into the open against Ole Miss and Keidron Smith chased him down like he was standing still.

Back
Top Bottom