The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Seniors) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Seniors)

Tylan banged his knee up a little bit catching a touchdown at the end of the game against TCU last week, but he almost played against Baylor this past Saturday. It was a game time decision not to play. He’s good to go as far as I know.

That's great news! I saw it mentioned that the injury looked season-ending. There are still probably better fits for Wallace than Miami, but I'd start considering him at 2a. If the class wasn't so strong, I'd probably consider him at 1b.

*On my 15th 12-hour day in 16 days, so I'm going to blame that on my lack of thoroughness. Appreciate the correction, Slimm!

I like Smith, I just worry about the kids body, especially lower extremities.
Same. It's the only thing I think about every time I watch him play. I probably should forget about it because he's so smooth and resourceful. But I haven't seen a top rated wide receiver built like that since Anthony Carter.

I realize that's going back quite a while. Slimm probably remembers Carter. Star high profile receiver at Michigan in the late '70s, early '80s.. Twig legs. The Dolphins actually drafted Carter as a futures after he signed with the USFL. Once that league folded Miami had his rights but traded them to the Vikings because Duper and Clayton were young established stars at the position, with no room for Anthony Carter. He had a few Pro Bowl seasons with Minnesota in the late '80s.

Same. It's the only thing I think about every time I watch him play. I probably should forget about it because he's so smooth and resourceful. But I haven't seen a top rated wide receiver built like that since Anthony Carter.

I realize that's going back quite a while. Slimm probably remembers Carter. Star high profile receiver at Michigan in the late '70s, early '80s.. Twig legs. The Dolphins actually drafted Carter as a futures after he signed with the USFL. Once that league folded Miami had his rights but traded them to the Vikings because Duper and Clayton were young established stars at the position, with no room for Anthony Carter. He had a few Pro Bowl seasons with Minnesota in the late '80s.

He was good in Tecmo Super Bowl

I'm heartbroken for Wallace. He has the exact mentality I want in a WR, and his ball skills and RAC are phenomenal. I think this athleticism and route running were good enough to let his elite traits shine. Tbh, though, I don't know what to do with back-to-back season ending injuries. If he could test, that'd go a long way, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I'd draft him somewhere, but it's probably outside the Top 75 as things stand.

I was wondering why he was so low on the mock machines, his highlight reel has me a little moist down there. We shouldn't ignore availability since it's the big thing our current group doesn't have but gonna be hard to pass on this kind of talent if he drops to round 3 or later as the mock machines have him:

That is a great comparison. Hopefully Devonta learns to get down quick like Marvin did.

That player comp has been brought up many times.

I also see a bit of Jerry Rice in terms of his sleek, fluid running motion and deceptive game speed. Also looks under control and immensely confident. Tremendous hands. Doesn’t drop much.

He was good in Tecmo Super Bowl
I had to look that up. Way beyond my era. In my childhood I played electric football and ran the wishbone offense. I dominated the neighborhood but I had the advantage because it was my board and the other kids came to my house to play. You could bend the little legs slightly on the bottom to influence the angle they would move. They were like little prongs on each edge. I knew the tendencies of every player on the board. My running backs were always guys who would head toward the sideline but then curve upfield, like a true option play. But then I always had to hope they would be detoured toward the end zone or out of bounds. Otherwise they would eventually loop the field and head back in my direction. For a while I had a remarkable player who would turn the corner and then straighten out. My friend was so annoyed by that he grabbed him and slanted all four prongs. I wanted to punch him. And I was never able to recreate that. I had the college version. This is what the pro version looked like. Bob Griese at :53:

Last edited:
I think Devonta has an eerily identical body to Marvin Harrison, personally.
Closest in this era. But I always thought Harrison had relatively strong wide shoulders, given the rest of his frame. Smith looks narrow everywhere but especially lower legs

I had to look that up. Way beyond my era. In my childhood I played electric football and ran the wishbone offense. I dominated the neighborhood but I had the advantage because it was my board and the other kids came to my house to play. You could bend the little legs slightly on the bottom to influence the angle they would move. They were like little prongs on each edge. I knew the tendencies of every player on the board. My running backs were always guys who would head toward the sideline but then curve upfield, like a true option play. But then I always had to hope they would be detoured toward the end zone or out of bounds. Otherwise they would eventually loop the field and head back in my direction. For a while I had a remarkable player who would turn the corner and then straighten out. My friend was so annoyed by that he grabbed him and slanted all four prongs. I wanted to punch him. And I was never able to recreate that. I had the college version. This is what the pro version looked like. Bob Griese at :53:

Wow I had forgotten that game old memories.

Are there any reports out of Alabama about how Smith does against Surtain in practice? Iron sharpens iron and i have to imagine those guys have went up against each other more than once.

I think Surtain is the best defensive player in this draft.

Thoughts on TJ Vasher? How’s his route running? For a guy his size he seems to have solid speed and has excellent hands. Not sure how he’s going to do vs press in the nfl with that thin frame too?

Kadarius Toney, if we could get him in the third , What a player

Back
Top Bottom