The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Seniors) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Seniors)

Devonta refused to weigh in at the Senior Bowl leading many to believe he's not close to his listed 175 lbs. Ding #1.

The lack of any kind of evidence to support this accusation is leading many to believe that the “many” are jumping to conclusions to support their agenda. Ding #382.

He wouldn't have been a 2nd round pick if they knew then what they know now. He wasn't playing in the SEC either.

Hardheaded *** people.

Devante Adams, Tyreke Hill and DK Metcalf were’t 1st round picks, let alone top 10 guys in their respective drafts. But anybody claiming they wouldn’t take any one of those players (knowing what they are now) at 3 in this draft simply can’t be taken seriously.

So it’s not about a receiver going #3 but rather a star player. If MIA believes Smith or some other receiver will be a star, they most definitely should draft that player at 3 (or wherever they end up if they trade down).

The naysayers can’t diminish Smith based upon talent, production, level of competition or character, so his weight and age are the only straws they’ve got to grasp on to. And neither of those things are clear cut disqualifiers.

I hear what you're saying and agree to an extent but I still think if we can trade down a few spots with a QB needy team and still get Devonta Smith then that would be ideal.

Of course that would be ideal. But it is also risky. Playing that game of chicken often results in some other team snatching the player just before the position you still hoped to get him.

Don’t get cute. When you got draft position to get the player you need most — a player that also happens be among the very best available — just take him!

Devante Adams, Tyreke Hill and DK Metcalf were’t 1st round picks, let alone top 10 guys in their respective drafts. But anybody claiming they wouldn’t take any one of those players (knowing what they are now) at 3 in this draft simply can’t be taken seriously.

So it’s not about a receiver going #3 but rather a star player. If MIA believes Smith or some other receiver will be a star, they most definitely should draft that player at 3 (or wherever they end up if they trade down).

The naysayers can’t diminish Smith based upon talent, production, level of competition or character, so his weight and age are the only straws they’ve got to grasp on to. And neither of those things are clear cut disqualifiers.
This 100%, take who you think will be the biggest difference maker. In this case, I think all 3 of these WR are top ten worthy picks.

It gets frustrating that people use past drafts like its an exact science, when the NFL is anything but an exact science.

Just because David Bakhtiari was drafted in the 4th round doesn't mean you should wait until the 4th round to take a left tackle and etc...

That could be the argument against taking a WR that hjgh as well.

That could be the argument against taking a WR that hjgh as well.

No, it isn’t. As @Sunbro Solaire pointed out above with his Bakhtiari example.

Great players at every position can be found throughout the draft. Even undrafted players. But just because you are fortunate to find and get one doesn’t at all mean that’s where you should continue to focus on getting them.

The best odds of obtaining elite talent still remains at the top of the draft. Always has been that way, always will be. Some folks do a good job of fooling themselves into believing otherwise.

Last edited:
I remember @j-off-her-doll talking about the difference is WR succes between SEC players and non-SEC players. I had to go back to the data set about a week ago and split the stats. There's a huge difference in the 1st 2 rounds. This is from 2005 to 2018.

SEC:

sec_wrs_sr.png

No SEC:

no_sec_wrs_sr.png

That player comp has been brought up many times.

I also see a bit of Jerry Rice in terms of his sleek, fluid running motion and deceptive game speed. Also looks under control and immensely confident. Tremendous hands. Doesn’t drop much.

I also see Jerry Rice.

Just saw this on IG….

I think it's more of a Sam Howell stat in Brown's case. He's pretty much leading all QB's in virtually any and every down field passing category.

The other thing is Smitty is a much better stalk blocker and does more when he's not getting the ball. I remember several plays in the bowl game against aTm where Brown got called out for not executing his assignments.

Was watching North Texas late into last night (betting purposes) and Jaelon Darden certainly popped. Kind of small, but definitely a gadget guy for OCs to get creative with. Could see him as a Grant replacement on kick returns as well. Worth a third day pick imo.

.... if he's there on the third day. lol

Jonathan Adams is the Chase Claypool of this draft. We must get this guy, 6-3 220.

Jonathan Adams is a scratch, ran 4.59 40. Too slow, 4.6 is no good.
He is very explosive tho, great vert and braod.

WR Jonathan Adams Jr.

Height: 6'2″ (71st percentile)
Weight: 214 (70th)
Vertical: 39 (87th)
Broad jump: 137 (96th)
40-yard: 4.59 (16th)

Short shuttle: 4.38 (19th)
3-cone: 7.04 (33rd)

Back
Top Bottom