The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman)

Based upon my own eyeball test, it's possible Rashod Bateman ends up being the top WR from this class. He's a talented route runner and produced at Minnesota with average/substandard QB play.

The knock i read about him is he seems to be too passive getting off the line.

I get a similar vibe from Bateman as watching Justin Jefferson play at LSU. I understand the appeal to Jamarr Chase but I was/am of the opinion Jefferson was better than Chase in 2019.

Based upon my own eyeball test, it's possible Rashod Bateman ends up being the top WR from this class. He's a talented route runner and produced at Minnesota with average/substandard QB play.

The knock i read about him is he seems to be too passive getting off the line.

I get a similar vibe from Bateman as watching Justin Jefferson play at LSU. I understand the appeal to Jamarr Chase but I was/am of the opinion Jefferson was better than Chase in 2019.

I think you're dead on. There's no doubt Bateman is the most underrated WR in this class that isn't getting the credit he deserves for being as good as he really is - just like Justin Jefferson last year.

Bateman played more in the slot in 2020 and it didn't really fit his strengths. Not to mention the quarterback just isn't very good at throwing outside and that's primarily why Bateman played out of the slot so much the past season. The reason Justin Jefferson was so underrated by everyone in the NFL is because he played out of the slot primarily at LSU and they weren't sure if he could win outside. It was always a dumb question in my opinion. I see the same thing repeating itself with Rashod Bateman.

Bateman hasn't been able to be quite as statistically dominant as Smitty was able to be - or that Chase was able to be for one season - but I think he might be the Justin Jefferson of this class and surprise a lot of people as a rookie. Watch his tape. Watch him play. If he's not passing someone's eyeball test the issue might be the eyeballs.

I think you're dead on. There's no doubt Bateman is the most underrated WR in this class that isn't getting the credit he deserves for being as good as he really is - just like Justin Jefferson last year.

Bateman played more in the slot in 2020 and it didn't really fit his strengths. Not to mention the quarterback just isn't very good at throwing outside and that's primarily why Bateman played out of the slot so much the past season. The reason Justin Jefferson was so underrated by everyone in the NFL is because he played out of the slot primarily at LSU and they weren't sure if he could win outside. It was always a dumb question in my opinion. I see the same thing repeating itself with Rashod Bateman.

Bateman hasn't been able to be quite as statistically dominant as Smitty was able to be - or that Chase was able to be for one season - but I think he might be the Justin Jefferson of this class and surprise a lot of people as a rookie. Watch his tape. Watch him play. If he's not passing someone's eyeball test the issue might be the eyeballs.
This is what I see and why i have Bateman above Waddle. He managed over 8 YPT playing mostly from the slot and being the target of the entire opposing D. The previous year, playing from the boundary, he was right up there im college's most productive wideouts.

I’m in on Bateman as well. I have him ranked above Smitty and I think he could be really, really good. His foot work is top shelf and the way he positions himself and attacks DBs shows elite level instincts. He understands angle very well, and constantly has the advantage over the defender. He’s gonna be a QBs best friend.

Not including Pitts, he’s my WR2 behind chase. Reminds me a good deal of OBJ

1. Jaylen Waddle / Alabama / 5’10”, 182 (S/R)

2. Ja’Marr Chase / LSU / 6’1”, 200

3. Rashod Bateman / Minnesota / 6’2”, 210

4. Terrace Marshall / LSU / 6’4”, 200

5. Simi Fehoko / Stanford / 6'4", 227

6. Elijah Moore / Ole Miss / 5’9”, 184 (S/R)

7. Amon-Ra St. Brown / USC / 6’1”, 195

8. Anthony Schwartz / Auburn / 6’0”, 179 (S/R)

9. Rondale Moore** / Purdue / 5’9”, 180 (S/R)

10. Seth Williams / Auburn / 6’3”, 224

11. Sage Surratt / Wake Forest / 6’3”, 215

12. Isaiah McKoy / Kent St. / 6’3”, 182

13. Tamorrian Terry / Florida St. / 6'4", 210

14. Dyami Brown / UNC / 6’1”, 195

15. Chatarius Atwell / Louisville / 5’9”, 155 (S/R)

16. Dax Milne / BYU / 6'1", 190

17. Brennan Eagles / Texas / 6’4”, 225

18. Tarik Black / Texas / 6’3”, 215

Ol' Patches O'houlihan still at it with his bias rankings. Waddle ahead of Chase? I like Waddle but Chase is a stud and a clear Alpha #1 WR.

Ol' Patches O'houlihan still at it with his bias rankings. Waddle ahead of Chase? I like Waddle but Chase is a stud and a clear Alpha #1 WR.

Blake the Snake - you just never learn do you...

If you're really as dumb in day to day life as you are around here, there's no way you log on to the internet and find your way here everyday by yourself. Seems like you tried the same stunt last year with Herbert and Burrow and look where it got you.

Kayshon Boutte is as good as Ja'Marr Chase.

Every time you see another Jaylen Waddle I want you to post it so I can show some of the folks that are standing behind me right now laughing. They're still laughing at you over Jake Fromm. They want to see your rankings.

If you're really as dumb in day to day life as you are around here, there's no way you log on to the internet and find your way here everyday by yourself. Seems like you tried the same stunt last year with Herbert and Burrow and look where it got you.

Every time you see another Jaylen Waddle I want you to post it so I can show some of the folks that are standing behind me right now laughing. They're still laughing at you over Jake Fromm. They want to see your rankings.

It was Burrow and Jordan Love that we went back and forth on. I just think your rankings are very biased since you're a Bama fan. I dont think its a coincident either. I dont mind going against the grain from everyone else but this is a glaring trend I see.

here are my rankings

1.) Blake The Snake
2.) Everyone else
3.) A blind squirrel
4.) Patches O'houlihan

It was Burrow and Jordan Love that we went back and forth on. I just think your rankings are very biased since you're a Bama fan. I dont think its a coincident either. I dont mind going against the grain from everyone else but this is a glaring trend I see.

here are my rankings

1.) Blake The Snake
2.) Everyone else
3.) A blind squirrel
4.) Patches O'houlihan

Well Blake the Snake. I just think you’re an idiot since you’re a dolphins fan. Reckon that makes us even as far as that goes.

Secondly, it doesn’t matter what you think. You don’t have a clue who the best is going to be or who should be ranked where. The glaring trend is every time an LSU player isn’t ranked at the top, you feel the need to pound your keyboard about how biased my rankings are.

Lastly, no it wasn’t just Burrow and Jordan Love. You decided to post how embarrassing it was for me to have Justin Herbert above Joe Burrow in my Senior QB thread last December.

You don’t always get what you want in life - but usually get what you deserve.

#NickSabanALLStars
#ROLLETH

Well Blake the Snake. I just think you’re an idiot since you’re a dolphins fan. Reckon that makes us even as far as that goes.

Secondly, it doesn’t matter what you think. You don’t have a clue who the best is going to be or who should be ranked where. The glaring trend is every time an LSU player isn’t ranked at the top, you feel the need to pound your keyboard about how biased my rankings are.

Lastly, no it wasn’t just Burrow and Jordan Love. You decided to post how embarrassing it was for me to have Justin Herbert above Joe Burrow in my Senior QB thread last December.

You don’t always get what you want in life - but usually get what you deserve.

#NickSabanALLStars
#ROLLETH

You do know that this is a Dolphins forum right?

Do you play Mel Kiper III on every NFL team forum?

Who is your NFL comp on Waddle? With regards to the WRs, he's the hardest one for me to put my finger on with what to expect from him at the NFL level.

Who is your NFL comp on Waddle? With regards to the WRs, he's the hardest one for me to put my finger on with what to expect from him at the NFL level.

Faster, quicker, more explosive T.Y. Hilton or Antonio Brown. Which means Waddle can do the things Tyreek Hill does at the next level. You ain't going to see many that are in that territory.

Waddle has scored 3 touchdowns over 90 yards in his career and very nearly has 4. The most mind blowing thing he's done is average over 50 yards per touchdown throughout his career. Everybody will go a long time before they see anything like that again. Kids like Waddle don't come along often.

Back
Top Bottom