The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman)

Slimm, any thoughts on Seth Williams? Getting around to him, and he looks better than I expected, but I know you're much more familiar with him.

Always thought of Seth as a kind of jump ball guy. I know he and Jaycee Horn had a great battle. Thought the officials gave Horn some bad calls, if I recall.

Thoughts on Rashod Bateman? I think he could be our pick with 2A possibly 1B

Thoughts on Rashod Bateman? I think he could be our pick with 2A possibly 1B

Here.

I think people are overrating Rashod Bateman and he's one of these guys that will slip down the media boards as he gets into off season workouts and people realize how speed deficient he is, and then you'll also have a bunch of smartest guys in the room talking about how stupid it is that Bateman is "falling" based on what he's done in his underwear without playing a down of meaningful football, yadda yadda yadda.

I just see a guy who needs a three-way go at the next level to be effective. I don't know that I see a lot of RAC potential. He got some in college facing some poor Illini and Boilermakers and such, but I think it's going to be different in the NFL. He's not a guy I'd put on punt or kick returns, or hand the ball off to much. You could, he's a competent player in all phases, he's got good balance, and he's somewhat physical. It's just not going to be compelling. And I see Minnesota agreed, as they never once gave him a return or a hand-off.

I see Pach has at least four receivers ahead of Bateman. I'd also put Chris Olave and Elijah Moore ahead of him. And I'd think pretty hard on putting Sage Surratt ahead of him. I mean when I watch a Sage Surratt, I see a dude that might also not have the best speed, but at least I can see he's built, strong as hell, plays physical like a varsity guy playing in a junior varsity game. Bateman doesn't have that in a physical sense.

He's a lengthy slot with good hands, kind of like in the mold of a slower JuJu Smith-Schuster, but I wonder if he's got JuJu's physicality and strength.

Not in the 1st round. Not for me.

Chase: best all around
Rondale Moore: explosive, athletic, slot guy
Sage Surratt: big, tall recover with good skills

To me Sage Surratt is strength, strength, strength. Good ball skills, contested catch guy, run after catch guy, average speed. Some explosive qualities. Basically a smaller Mike Evans, who was 6'5" & 231 lbs where Surratt is 6'3" & 215 lbs. And it's fair to question whether a smaller Mike Evans works, as an equation.

Waddle ran a laser 4.52 in HS and it was considered a bad showing for him.

FYI Rodale Moore ran a 4.33 that same year. 👀

3+ years ago doesn’t matter. If Waddle is running a dead heat with Ruggs, he’s clearly as fast as anyone.

Doesn’t Moore’s lack of production since his Freshman year push him back in the draft? I’d struggle to draft him until late second, early 3rd.

Louisville WR Tutu Atwell declared back in early December.

He belongs near the top. There's too much talk of a guy like Rondale Moore versus a guy like Tutu Atwell. IMO, the latter has a legit chance to be the next Tyreek Hill.

Sometimes these small dudes, the ball looks big in their hands, like carrying a beach ball or something. They have trouble controlling it both at the point of the catch and even sometimes after they've pulled it in. Atwell does not have that issue, at all. And it's no wonder, he's a former dual threat QB who only moved to the WR position in 2018. Which is kind of staggering to think he is going to get a whole lot better.

He's so good with physicality. As a dual threat QB, I guess that's why. No problem with getting tackled, no fear of contact, good at making guys miss. His hands are really good.

Unlike a Lynn Bowden, this dude has 4.26 speed and 3.9 shuttle quicks, and it shows all over the place. He's a damn problem. You have to modify your coverages with him in the slot. You have no choice.

Last edited:
Louisville WR Tutu Atwell declared back in early December.

He belongs near the top. There's too much talk of a guy like Rondale Moore versus a guy like Tutu Atwell. IMO, the latter has a legit chance to be the next Tyreek Hill.

Sometimes these small dudes, the ball looks big in their hands, like carrying a beach ball or something. They have trouble controlling it both at the point of the catch and even sometimes after they've pulled it in. Atwell does not have that issue, at all. And it's no wonder, he's a former dual threat QB who only moved to the WR position in 2018. Which is kind of staggering to think he is going to get a whole lot better.

He's so good with physicality. As a dual threat QB, I guess that's why. No problem with getting tackled, no fear of contact, good at making guys miss. His hands are really good.

Unlike a Lynn Bowden, this dude has 4.26 speed and 3.9 shuttle quicks, and it shows all over the place. He's a damn problem. You have to modify your coverages with him in the slot. You have no choice.
But CK, when the ball hits his hands, is he gonna "Jakeem" it?....Lol. That is serious speed if accurate. Mark Duper serious. Guys that change the way the defense has to play or to "account" for them are targets IMHO. Miami currently has....well...none of those guys, with all due respect to some pretty good players.

But CK, when the ball hits his hands, is he gonna "Jakeem" it?....Lol. That is serious speed if accurate. Mark Duper serious. Guys that change the way the defense has to play or to "account" for them are targets IMHO. Miami currently has....well...none of those guys, with all due respect to some pretty good players.

Well that's what I'm looking at, a guy who can stretch the defenses horizontally and vertically with their speed, but then actually haul the football in. Even I'm growing tired of Jakeem Grant's flubs. And honestly 5'6" may just be too small for even a guy like Tua to consistently find out there in the areas of the field where Grant has a knack for creating separation.

But let's face it, Jakeem Grant is 2nd team All Pro as a return man, and he's got a contract through 2023. He's going to be on the team and active on game day and if that's the case he's going to end up on the field on offense at various points. And I just stagger to think what kind of defensive spacing you'd see out there if you ever marched Mike Gesicki, Devonta Smith, Tutu Atwell, and Jakeem Grant onto the field.

Back
Top Bottom