The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman)

Louisville WR Tutu Atwell declared back in early December.

He belongs near the top. There's too much talk of a guy like Rondale Moore versus a guy like Tutu Atwell. IMO, the latter has a legit chance to be the next Tyreek Hill.

Sometimes these small dudes, the ball looks big in their hands, like carrying a beach ball or something. They have trouble controlling it both at the point of the catch and even sometimes after they've pulled it in. Atwell does not have that issue, at all. And it's no wonder, he's a former dual threat QB who only moved to the WR position in 2018. Which is kind of staggering to think he is going to get a whole lot better.

He's so good with physicality. As a dual threat QB, I guess that's why. No problem with getting tackled, no fear of contact, good at making guys miss. His hands are really good.

Unlike a Lynn Bowden, this dude has 4.26 speed and 3.9 shuttle quicks, and it shows all over the place. He's a damn problem. You have to modify your coverages with him in the slot. You have no choice.

153lbs? Yikes!

Well that's what I'm looking at, a guy who can stretch the defenses horizontally and vertically with their speed, but then actually haul the football in. Even I'm growing tired of Jakeem Grant's flubs. And honestly 5'6" may just be too small for even a guy like Tua to consistently find out there in the areas of the field where Grant has a knack for creating separation.

But let's face it, Jakeem Grant is 2nd team All Pro as a return man, and he's got a contract through 2023. He's going to be on the team and active on game day and if that's the case he's going to end up on the field on offense at various points. And I just stagger to think what kind of defensive spacing you'd see out there if you ever marched Mike Gesicki, Devonta Smith, Tutu Atwell, and Jakeem Grant onto the field.
That’s a pretty big cap number for a (good) punt returner. Even his returns are inconsistent but he’s definitely a threat to house it. They save roughly $3 million cutting him...sorry, off topic from draft thread I know. Lol. I’m gonna check out some tape of Atwell. A giant compared to Grant but rather light if I’m not mistaken.

Bateman and generally the Minnesota WRs are known for running crisp routes, i believe that has been a trademark of PJ Fleck teams since he has shown up in CFB.

I didn't watch much big ten this year, but someone that can run routes like Batemen could be beneficial for Tua at the right price.

Atwell is a lot like Tavon Austin was coming out of West Virginia. I don't think he's quite as fast though - and even smaller. Good playmaker for Louisville, but I don't see any type of NFL dominance forthcoming. Smallish mid rounder type playmaker with the ball in his hands that every draft usually has a handful of.

Atwell is a lot like Tavon Austin was coming out of West Virginia. I don't think he's quite as fast though - and even smaller. Good playmaker for Louisville, but I don't see any type of NFL dominance forthcoming. Smallish mid rounder type playmaker with the ball in his hands that every draft usually has a handful of.

Yep. That's exactly what I see too from Atwell.

One area where I pretty strong disagree is speed. He's a 99, not a 90, and that matters.

Bruce Feldman has him having run a 4.26 forty with a 3.9 shuttle, and that's EXACTLY what is on the film. Feldman also notes that at 5'9" & 190 lbs, he bench presses twice his weight and squats three times his weight, and again that's EXACTLY what is on the film.

Where he differentiates from other small guys is his hands and control of the football. He is a good hands catcher, and he controls the football well. He's a former star QB so it's not a surprise.

The Dolphins love him. Matt Canada loves him. Specifically brought him up and gushed about him during his OC interview.

One area where I pretty strong disagree is speed. He's a 99, not a 90, and that matters.

Bruce Feldman has him having run a 4.26 forty with a 3.9 shuttle, and that's EXACTLY what is on the film. Feldman also notes that at 5'9" & 190 lbs, he bench presses twice his weight and squats three times his weight, and again that's EXACTLY what is on the film.

Where he differentiates from other small guys is his hands and control of the football. He is a good hands catcher, and he controls the football well. He's a former star QB so it's not a surprise.

The Dolphins love him. Matt Canada loves him. Specifically brought him up and gushed about him during his OC interview.

Well, if the Dolphins love him it probably explains why I don't. I don't see 4.26 speed and all that jazz. I see about 4.38 speed at best. I think he'd run in that range if he ran at the combine. He's not Henry Ruggs in terms of speed. I don't see a special player at the next level, although the Dolphins, Canada and yourself may see it differently.

He's 190 lbs, not 153 lbs. According to Bruce Feldman.

Excellent and is your other post confirmation that he’s defintely on Miami’s radar? I asked because there’s no way their getting a Waddle after draft say Smith. But maybe this guy can be a lesser version of that Waddle-like potential.

Excellent and is your other post confirmation that he’s defintely on Miami’s radar? I asked because there’s no way their getting a Waddle after draft say Smith. But maybe this guy can be a lesser version of that Waddle-like potential.

Yes he's on Miami's radar. And if Canada gets the Steelers OC job then I imagine he's on Pittsburgh's radar as well.

Well, if the Dolphins love him it probably explains why I don't. I don't see 4.26 speed and all that jazz. I see about 4.38 speed at best. I think he'd run in that range if he ran at the combine. He's not Henry Ruggs in terms of speed. I don't see a special player at the next level, although the Dolphins, Canada and yourself may see it differently.

Isn't Andre Cisco your #2 underclassman Safety prospect?

Atwell made him look like a linebacker. Agree to disagree on the speed issue.

Cisco is about a 4.6 guy. I mean I'll bet you anything you want to bet that he won't run 4.26. But you better hurry.

Mind you, I'm not denigrating Andre Cisco. But fact, he looked slow compared to Atwell on that play. And yet...

1611344175080.png

If Andre Cisco can run a 4.33 and Tutu Atwell is a 4.38 guy but they get into a horse race and Atwell straight up outclasses him BADLY in the speed department...

That don't line up.

Back
Top Bottom