The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman)

He might be in the 4.5 range nowdays. He was a 4.6 guy coming out of IMG.

All I want is somebody to bet that Atwell runs a 4.26 and they can win a lot of money. Right here.

Nobody really runs a 4.26, not even Henry Ruggs.

What I'd be willing to bet is that Jaylen Waddle and Tutu Atwell run similar times. And by similar I mean inside half a tenth of one another.

I already said I believe Atwell would run a 4.38. I wouldn't doubt for a second that Waddle is somewhere within .05 of that. Especially after his broken ankle.

I already said I believe Atwell would run a 4.38. I wouldn't doubt for a second that Waddle is somewhere within .05 of that. Especially after his broken ankle.

I forgot about the broken ankle.

OK then I'd be willing to bet Atwell runs south of 4.35. That would be significantly below a 4.38 estimate.

FWIW, Andre Cisco is on Bruce Feldman's "freaks" list. And yes, I do think Atwell's speed is good enough to do that to other members of that list, which is why I think so highly of him.

Nailed Cisco's testes to the wall on this play too:

Nobody really runs a 4.26, not even Henry Ruggs.

What I'd be willing to bet is that Jaylen Waddle and Tutu Atwell run similar times. And by similar I mean inside half a tenth of one another.

Actually Torrance Hunt out of ECU did years ago. He was legit 4.25 speed.

I think Atwell is 4.35-4.39. I HIGHLY doubt that he's below 4.35

Last edited:
Bolden is about a 4.6 guy too. We're just going around in circles.

Waddle does that to cornerbacks like Tyson Campbell. If you don't like the Tavon Austin comparison for Atwell then you might like more of a Marquis Brown one. I thought he was way overrated too.

Honestly yeah that's a better comparison.

Tavon Austin was all backfield, screens, runs, maybe a speed out once in a blue moon. That's just not how Atwell has been used. He's been used the same as Waddle. He plays down the field, and then yeah he also does a bunch of jet sweep stuff.

FWIW I don't actually know Asante Samuel Jr.'s speed, but it was pretty clear that Atwell was significantly faster.

Last edited:
Well if speed is what you're after they don't come any faster than Anthony Schwartz. Kid ran a 10.07 100 meter. He's probably faster than Ruggs.

I have Atwell and Schwartz in the 12-16 range overall in my composite WR rankings - which is essentially the combined list of my Seniors and underclassman ranked together.

50-75 range overall. Maybe somebody likes 'em in the 1st round like the Raiders and Ravens did Ruggs and Brown.

Take a look at D'Wayne Eskridge too he's another one of those smaller, extremely fast, ultra athletic slot type receivers with tons of playmaking ability.

I've been meaning to take a look at Eskridge. Several people have told me about him.

I'd take a shot on Tutu Atwell in the 2nd round, easily. I've yet to see a single other player on the field with him that even matched him in the speed department, let alone beat him. I realize speed isn't everything. But it's the core of the argument, because his strength prowess for a 5'9" & 190 lbs. guy, while significant, means nothing unless he's a world class speedster. His ability to catch the football means nothing without the speed element. His RAC skills are meaningful, even if you were to separate them from the speed. But the speed element is important to differentiate if you're the Miami Dolphins specifically because of what you're aiming for it to do to defensive spacing. If you want the Jaylen Waddle effect, the guy can't simply be 'pretty fast'.

Miami ended up leaning heavily on first Malcolm Perry and then Lynn Bowden for a role similar to what you'd see Tutu Atwell or Jaylen Waddle (or Curtis Samuel) occupy. What they discovered was that Perry didn't know enough of what he was doing yet and couldn't catch the football consistently, and that while Bowden could catch the football consistently, ultimately he's just not that athletic or exciting. I think this has been a mission of theirs, dating all the way back to Jakeem Grant's extension, their love affair with Brandon Aiyuk, working out a contract that allows them to keep Albert Wilson, drafting Malcolm Perry, and trading for Lynn Bowden. None of it's really worked out so I wonder if they're ready to pull out a few stops to get it done.

And that would mean going for Jaylen Waddle in the 1st round, or Atwell in the 2nd round. Perhaps Eskridge, who they're coaching in the Senior Bowl. They could take care of it by signing Curtis Samuel, but that would be expensive.

Eskridge has really terrific ball skills in addition to the speed. He catches the football as cleanly as most any receiver in the draft. He can go up and compete with taller CB's at the catch point. I watched him go up and twist around in the air to make a play on the perimeter down the sidelines against Toledo with about a minute left in the 4th quarter while they were down 10 points to put 'em inside the 2 yard line and ultimately score to make it a one score game that was just an amazing play between two defenders. He plucks that ball out of the air cleanly every time. Underrated kid.

I dont know nearly as much as you guys do, but the probabilities of tutu panning out at the next level seem pretty low purely based on his frame.

Its waddle/toney or bust for me. Those are the only two dudes who look legit who fit the type of mold the fins are looking for imo

Eskridge looks good, def wouldnt be upset if fins took a shot on day 3.

Last edited:
Dunno how fast Jahan Dotson is but he's twitchy as hell, cat-like. Very elusive and stronger than he looks. Barely figuring in most mock drafts. Bet he'll be a midrounder at least in the end.

Back
Top Bottom