The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman)

Kids like Elijah Moore are great if you have play callers like Lane Kiffin dialing up the plays. He's throwing his clipboard up in the air and celebrating the TD while the ball is still leaving the QB's hand because he already knows it's going to be one.

These smaller, elusive, fast as $#!* slot guys are a lot of fun for a creative OC. You get to manufacture ways to get 'em matched up on safeties, linebackers and nickel corners. You don't have to just line 'em up out wide to be left on an island against a 6'1" corner with 4.3 speed and vines for arms with a safety rotating over and expect 'em to get open.

Ain't no D.K. Metcalfs in this draft, freaks like that don't come around often. Kid out of Stanford - Simi Fehoko is a beast though. He's somewhere between Chase Claypool and Metcalf.

I'm just telling you.

Ain't no D.K. Metcalfs in this draft, freaks like that don't come around often. Kid out of Stanford - Simi Fehoko is a beast though. He's somewhere between Chase Claypool and Metcalf.

I'm just telling you.
Do you see a clay pool emergence next year, like DK this year?

DK flashed last year, especially in the playoff game. This year was a popular prediction he might put it all togehter

claypool is similar, being physical a freak and raw at the position. Do you think he ever makes a similar jump?

Do you see a clay pool emergence next year, like DK this year?

DK flashed last year, especially in the playoff game. This year was a popular prediction he might put it all togehter

claypool is similar, being physical a freak and raw at the position. Do you think he ever makes a similar jump?

He might, if the QB play can remain consistent. He's young and capable of that type of explosive season next year.

Slimm, I'm pretty high on Elijah Moore, and I think he'd really highlight Tua's strengths. How would you feel about Miami addressing WR with Smith and E. Moore in 2021?

Couldn't agree more about Elijah Moore, I know you've been talking about him for a while. He looks absolutely sensational and his numbers back it up. How high do you think he'll go? Mid 2nd?

I think he'd be amazing with Smith. If you look at Andy Reid's 4 verts vs Sean Payton's vs Mike Leach's there are so many ways you could work it to get the most out of Tua. I'm assuming we sign a receiving back. If we get a creative OC they could run it with those 2, our new back and Preston Williams. You can add Gesicki in there but I can't help thinking about all the ways you could use Kyle Pitts. But I guess that might be too much to ask in one draft.

Last edited:
I think people are overrating Rashod Bateman and he's one of these guys that will slip down the media boards as he gets into off season workouts and people realize how speed deficient he is, and then you'll also have a bunch of smartest guys in the room talking about how stupid it is that Bateman is "falling" based on what he's done in his underwear without playing a down of meaningful football, yadda yadda yadda.

I just see a guy who needs a three-way go at the next level to be effective. I don't know that I see a lot of RAC potential. He got some in college facing some poor Illini and Boilermakers and such, but I think it's going to be different in the NFL. He's not a guy I'd put on punt or kick returns, or hand the ball off to much. You could, he's a competent player in all phases, he's got good balance, and he's somewhat physical. It's just not going to be compelling. And I see Minnesota agreed, as they never once gave him a return or a hand-off.

I see Pach has at least four receivers ahead of Bateman. I'd also put Chris Olave and Elijah Moore ahead of him. And I'd think pretty hard on putting Sage Surratt ahead of him. I mean when I watch a Sage Surratt, I see a dude that might also not have the best speed, but at least I can see he's built, strong as hell, plays physical like a varsity guy playing in a junior varsity game. Bateman doesn't have that in a physical sense.

He's a lengthy slot with good hands, kind of like in the mold of a slower JuJu Smith-Schuster, but I wonder if he's got JuJu's physicality and strength.

Not in the 1st round. Not for me.

Last edited:
Read somewhere that Waddle is faster than Ruggs, how true is that and will that broken ankle effect his speed in any way? I really like Waddle, I like his size and frame better than Smith.

Waddle ran a laser 4.52 in HS and it was considered a bad showing for him.

FYI Rodale Moore ran a 4.33 that same year. đź‘€

Rondale Moore is legit fast. That's not fake in any way. But he looks REALLY small. Like almost Jakeem Grant small. And I don't think he's got very good hands. Sometimes when a dude is that small you almost get the feeling like the football is too big for them or something, and there's a ball security/hands issue.

I think people are overrating Rashod Bateman and he's one of these guys that will slip down the media boards as he gets into off season workouts and people realize how speed deficient he is, and then you'll also have a bunch of smartest guys in the room talking about how stupid it is that Bateman is "falling" based on what he's done in his underwear without playing a down of meaningful football, yadda yadda yadda.

I just see a guy who needs a three-way go at the next level to be effective. I don't know that I see a lot of RAC potential. He got some in college facing some poor Illini and Boilermakers and such, but I think it's going to be different in the NFL. He's not a guy I'd put on punt or kick returns, or hand the ball off to much. You could, he's a competent player in all phases, he's got good balance, and he's somewhat physical. It's just not going to be compelling. And I see Minnesota agreed, as they never once gave him a return or a hand-off.

I see Pach has at least four receivers ahead of Bateman. I'd also put Chris Olave and Elijah Moore ahead of him. And I'd think pretty hard on putting Sage Surratt ahead of him. I mean when I watch a Sage Surratt, I see a dude that might also not have the best speed, but at least I can see he's built, strong as hell, plays physical like a varsity guy playing in a junior varsity game. Bateman doesn't have that in a physical sense.

He's a lengthy slot with good hands, kind of like in the mold of a slower JuJu Smith-Schuster, but I wonder if he's got JuJu's physicality and strength.

Not in the 1st round. Not for me.

PJ Fleck runs an RPO spread and his obsession with ball control didn't do Bateman any favours this year. The first stat he looks to after the game is time in possession. He puts their #1 WR in the slot so Bateman was moved in from the boundary this year basically to keep the defense honest for the run game.

He's also been their only weapon in 2020. They've been shoveling quick pass after quick pass to Bateman whether he's open or not. Add to that Tanner Morgan falling off a proverbial cliff and it's not been a good place to be.

That said he hasn't been terrible in his 5 games this year, just not as good as last year. He needs to be on the boundary imo ideally in a vertical offense. There's a lot of slot talent in this draft so if you're in the market for that you can look E Moore or Darden and the rest.

I give you he's not up against SEC DBs. But where I disagree is about his athleticism. He doesn't have elite speed but I think he's quick enough. Combined with his hands and physicality I think he can be productive in the NFL. I think he's shown enough in terms of route running, YAC and redzone threat. It doesn't hurt that he may fall to a play off team - he could get lucky and end up at NO, GB or KC, while Chase and Smith go to the Eagles or Lions.

Time will tell. I love the guy but interesting to read your evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom