The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman)

Dunno how fast Jahan Dotson is but he's twitchy as hell, cat-like. Very elusive and stronger than he looks. Barely figuring in most mock drafts. Bet he'll be a midrounder at least in the end.

Not in this draft went back to school for another year.

Eskridge has really terrific ball skills in addition to the speed. He catches the football as cleanly as most any receiver in the draft. He can go up and compete with taller CB's at the catch point. I watched him go up and twist around in the air to make a play on the perimeter down the sidelines against Toledo with about a minute left in the 4th quarter while they were down 10 points to put 'em inside the 2 yard line and ultimately score to make it a one score game that was just an amazing play between two defenders. He plucks that ball out of the air cleanly every time. Underrated kid.

It's funny that I ended up choosing (randomly) the Central Michigan game to watch him because he's already got two drops in the game and I'm thinking, he catches it cleanly??? But I see what you mean. Drops happen.

EDIT: Sorry, three drops. Yikes.

Last edited:
It's funny that I ended up choosing (randomly) the Central Michigan game to watch him because he's already got two drops in the game and I'm thinking, he catches it cleanly??? But I see what you mean. Drops happen.

EDIT: Sorry, three drops. Yikes.

Sounds like stiff competition for Jakeem Gnat if he ends up in Miami

Sounds like stiff competition for Jakeem Gnat if he ends up in Miami

You joke but that's the fear. I think small guys are more prone to drops than big guys. You even see it with Tyreek Hill. He makes so many plays it goes unnoticed, but he has a bunch of those Jakeem Grant-like drops.

I guess Eskridge was plagued with drops early in his career. So the fact they showed up so much in that CMU game does give me pause. I consider him a good consolation prize if you can't get Jaylen Waddle or Tutu Atwell. Rondale Moore would be on that list, but probably after Eskridge. Rondale doesn't have a lot of official drops, but from watching him I don't think he catches it clean, either.

Eskridge has moved back and forth between WR and CB because he's such an incredible athlete - especially for the MAC. So there's still a lot of things for him to improve on in terms of playing receiver. He hasn't really been able to focus solely on playing receiver.

Watching Hardman and Hill flying around for KC makes me want to add a guy like Toney or Atwell or Waddle very badly.

That kind of speed and quickness defeats good defense and good defensive game plans.

Grant is not going to be that guy and Bowden and Perry while versatile do not have that kind of speed.

Eskridge has moved back and forth between WR and CB because he's such an incredible athlete - especially for the MAC. So there's still a lot of things for him to improve on in terms of playing receiver. He hasn't really been able to focus solely on playing receiver.

That's a good point.

Tutu is 5-9 165 on LOU site. Not good. Day 3 for me.
I've seen a few ppl quote an erroneous listing of 190 lbs. I think someone reputable fat fingered 160 lbs before the season & ppl have just run with it but he's definitely around 165 lbs. He doesn't have any arm or leg density like DeVonta Smith. As a prospect I'm not touching him before late round 4.

Bruce Feldman had him at 190 lbs. I don't know if he's quite 190 lbs. in-season when some of these guys are losing weight, but he's not 165 lbs. either.

Given Tutu's weight lifting prowess, I'm much more inclined toward Feldman's number than yours.

Bruce Feldman had him at 190 lbs. I don't know if he's quite 190 lbs. in-season when some of these guys are losing weight, but he's not 165 lbs. either.

Given Tutu's weight lifting prowess, I'm much more inclined toward Feldman's number than yours.

What are his lifting numbers?

What makes Tyreeke Hill great at his size(beyond the speed and quickness of course)is he lower body strength.

Atwell does not really have that kind of build.

PW -- I see you have Rondale Moore listed at 10th. I've seem him as a potential first round pick in several drafts.....personally, I think that's way too high given the way that Purdue used him, basically as a slot guy that they never threw to for more than 5 yards and just let him work with his athleticism....not sure he translates well.

That said, there seem to be some services that love him. When you rank players are you ranking them on your assessment or how you feel that will be drafted?

Bit of both.

You're not going to have 32 teams just volunteer their draft boards to you for public dissemination. You do hear some things, and you incorporate that. But otherwise you're going off your eye to try and predict what players the teams will be attracted to. Sometimes, since everyone has an ego, the analyst will make a statement with certain guys placed in certain spots in the rankings.

So it's really not just one thing.

Back
Top Bottom