The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman)

PW -- I see you have Rondale Moore listed at 10th. I've seem him as a potential first round pick in several drafts.....personally, I think that's way too high given the way that Purdue used him, basically as a slot guy that they never threw to for more than 5 yards and just let him work with his athleticism....not sure he translates well.

That said, there seem to be some services that love him. When you rank players are you ranking them on your assessment or how you feel that will be drafted?

Well you’re right, and my rankings are 99% based on my assessment. Not at all based on where they’ll be drafted. That’s for people who like mock drafts more than they like watching players actually play. I don’t try to predict where a player will be drafted, even though I may have an idea of where a player is likely to be drafted. It still doesn’t matter to me and won’t affect my rankings much.

For example, If I don’t like a player I’ll rank him where I like him even if it’s 99% certain he’ll go #1 overall. I don’t talk to agents or NFL people. My assessments are purely college based.

It’s interesting because players are often so different as juniors/seniors than they were when they first stepped on campus as a freshman. It can be for the better or the worse. I’ve seen it happen both ways just as often as the other. Consistency is key in my opinion.

Some guys don’t have a lot of upside, but their skillset is perfect to produce right away in certain situations.

Rondale Moore exploded as a true freshman and looked like he was going to be one of the most dynamic players in college football. But he just hasn’t played much football at all since, and what little he has displayed since his freshman season just isn’t very good. He’s been hampered by injuries and inconsistency - among other things. All in all - it’s not a very good combination of factors when you’re also small and not that fast. He’s not a kid I haven’t seen before.

To be honest, you’d probably be surprised how high I have his teammate David Bell ranked. But that’s a conversation for 2022.

Whoa, Tony Pauline says the NFL consensus on the WR board:

It’s pretty much Chase then Smith. However, a lot of teams like Rondale Moore of Purdue ahead of Waddle and justifiably so. He (Moore) is more of a natural receiver compared to Waddle.

It’s pretty much Chase then Smith. However, a lot of teams like Rondale Moore of Purdue ahead of Waddle and justifiably so. He (Moore) is more of a natural receiver compared to Waddle.

How is Rondale Moore a more natural receiver than Waddle? He barely does any WR things.

I'm pretty close right now but by draft I anticipate stating Waddle will be the best of this draft class...including the QBs...

I'm pretty close right now but by draft I anticipate stating Waddle will be the best of this draft class...including the QBs...
I was all in on Waddle before the college football season. Then the injury and Smith just looks so smooth out there. I am torn between the two.

If Waddle is fully healed and I’m sure he will be, I don’t think I would be unhappy with either.

During the first part of this post I was like...

1613071243798.png

But then when I read the second part, I was like...

1613071274823.png

Pauline being fed a line.

I think Rondale Moore will end up in the third round followed by Tutu Atwell after Elijah Moore, Amon-Ra St Brown and D'wayne Eskridge in that order.

none-slot-exclusive WRs go here

Top 20

Waddle

Day two

Toney

some more none-slot-exclusive WRs go here also

Fifty-ish

E Moore
St Brown
Eskridge

Day 3

some none-slot-exclusive WRs still go here as well

Top 100

R Moore
Atwell

Last edited:
Ain't no D.K. Metcalfs in this draft, freaks like that don't come around often. Kid out of Stanford - Simi Fehoko is a beast though. He's somewhere between Chase Claypool and Metcalf.

I'm just telling you.

Fehoko:

HT:
6'4"
WT: 222
40 Time: 4.39
Vert: 34.5"
Broad: 10' - 0"
SS: 4.23
3Cone: 6.86
Bench: 16X

Claypool:

HT:
6'4"
WT: 238
40 Time: 4.42
Vert: 40.5"
Broad: 10' - 6"
SS: N/A
3Cone: N/A
Bench: 19X

Metcalf:

HT:
6'3"
WT: 228
40 Time: 4.33
Vert: 40.5"
Broad: 11' - 1"
SS: 4.50
3Cone: 7.38
Bench: 27X

I was just looking at this guy because of the pro day numbers. His proday was top notch.
But I was a little disappointed to see a few drops when the ball was thrown away from his body.

I like Fehoko personally. Maybe not for Miami but I can see him having an NFL career. Like the attitude, he's got abundant self confidence and a see-ball-get-ball mentality.

Just a matter of looking the ball in first. Too ready to make a play - just have to tone it down and catch the ball first.

Julio Jones drove the fanbase crazy with it at Alabama.

Just watched Amon-Ra St Brown at the USC Pro Day. Extremely impressive. He is an absolute physical specimen and appears naturally strong - 6'1, 195 lbs. (His Dad was a two-time Mr Universe). I'd welcome other opinions but overall he impressed me a helluva lot more than I expected with his route running. After watching the practice, I want to see more of his video from USC. I don't know where he's expected to get drafted but I can see him being a success in the NFL. His brother is Equinimeous St Brown, the Green Bay WR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom