The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Wide Receivers (Underclassman)

Well, if the Dolphins love him it probably explains why I don't. I don't see 4.26 speed and all that jazz. I see about 4.38 speed at best. I think he'd run in that range if he ran at the combine. He's not Henry Ruggs in terms of speed. I don't see a special player at the next level, although the Dolphins, Canada and yourself may see it differently.

Atwell 155 pounds and ran 4.42/4.43.

So far, based on pro days, from that list, I am only interested in Simi Feoko and Seth Williams.

CKParrothead be glad you didn't bet on any of that 4.26 190 pound stuff with Atwell. I'd probably avoid Matt Canada and Bruce Feldman if I were you unless ya'll want to start pooling your money up.

So far, based on pro days, from that list, I am only interested in Simi Feoko and Seth Williams.
I am with you with Fehoko, he is kind of a poor man's Chase Claypool.

Not sure the Fins need another big target but he could be a day 3 steal.

Slim and others can you talk to me about Waddles catch Radius and hands?? And if you heard anything about his injury?

Im going to really dive into Waddles hands and catch radius cause if I feel real comfortable with that then he may be #1 for me after Pitts.there is a question mark for me at this point so I want to come away with confidence if we select him.

I know how runs routes at full speed is rare, Tua wants to hit players who are
Running full speed and he’s the best in class at this..

Run after catch... not even close, best in class

Returner..Best in class

Speed... Best in class

Catch radius and natural hands.. time to really study these two traits.

Last edited:
The only issue for Waddle with me is where he can line up and whether his ankle is good. which it should be. Of course he’s also 5’10.

His hands are fine. I just don’t recall any problem there.

Would love to have seen him healthy and see his explosion numbers - vert/broad.

But he has proven to be able to win contested catches and his speed, moves in the open field, and route running are exceptional. He catches with his arms more than Smith does. Smith seems the more polished receiver but not quite the breakaway talent Waddle is.

Slim and others can you talk to me about Waddles catch Radius and hands?? And if you heard anything about his injury?

Im going to really dive into Waddles hands and catch radius cause if I feel real comfortable with that then he may be #1 for me after Pitts.there is a question mark for me at this point so I want to come away with confidence if we select him.

I know how runs routes at full speed is rare, Tua wants to hit players who are
Running full speed and he’s the best in class at this..

Run after catch... not even close, best in class

Returner..Best in class

Speed... Best in class

Catch radius and natural hands.. time to really study these two traits.

Well his catch radius just is what it is - what you'd expect from a 5'10" kid. However, his range is what puts him in a different category from most any receiver you'll ever see. You can't really over throw him because he can still accelerate to catch up with a ball that most guys can't. Whatever point it is that someone thinks he can't accelerate any more....he can.

Another thing that makes him unique is the Moss mentality he has for jump balls. He believes that ball is his and he's going to go up and get it at it's highest point. Even outjump multiple defenders to come down with it. Like I said last year after the combine, I believe Waddle would've been the second receiver in combine history to run sub 4.3 and post a 40" vertical after Henry Ruggs became the first to do it.

Waddles hands have been excellent.

Your post is spot on. He's the best in class at pretty much any trait you want to look at that translates to explosive plays. You can get the ball to him early and let his acceleration and agility do it for you - but also get it to him downfield and trust that he's going to come down with it. If his ankle is healthy I'd probably bet on Jaylen Waddle as the most likely offensive player in the draft to become a truly special player at the next level and one of the most electrifying players in the league for a long time.

He's been one of my favorite players to watch ever since he was in high school and was the one recruit I wanted more than any other in the 2018 class. He's a top 5 player on my board.

Well his catch radius just is what it is - what you'd expect from a 5'10" kid. However, his range is what puts him in a different category from most any receiver you'll ever see. You can't really over throw him because he can still accelerate to catch up with a ball that most guys can't. Whatever point it is that someone thinks he can't accelerate any more....he can.

Another thing that makes him unique is the Moss mentality he has for jump balls. He believes that ball is his and he's going to go up and get it at it's highest point. Even outjump multiple defenders to come down with it. Like I said last year after the combine, I believe Waddle would've been the second receiver in combine history to run sub 4.3 and post a 40" vertical after Henry Ruggs became the first to do it.

Your post is spot on. He's the best in class at pretty much any trait you want to look at that translates to explosive plays. You can get the ball to him early and let his acceleration and agility do it for you - but also get it to him downfield and trust that he's going to come down with it. If his ankle is healthy I'd probably bet on Jaylen Waddle as the most likely offensive player in the draft to become a truly special player at the next level and one of the most electrifying players in the league for a long time.

He's been one of my favorite players to watch ever since he was in high school and was the one recruit I wanted more than any other in the 2018 class. He's a top 5 player on my board.
Appreciate it..

Pitts or Waddle at 6 ?

Also have you heard anything about waddles recovery?

Last edited:

Love Waddle. I've watched all his games at 'Bama. Just such an electric playmaker. I remember early on when people were saying Ruggs was so fast and I'd watch Waddle and think, "Not so fast on that Ruggs speed." But Jaylen said that he tied Ruggs on one run and Ruggs beat him a 2nd time by just a bit.

But I think Waddle is the better prospect - route running, change of direction, quick feet, are all elite - as good as any I've seen.

As much as I loved Jeudy's instant separation last year I thought Waddle was overall the superior player. Ruggs seemed one dimensional overrated and Smith's frame was so strange I didn't bother to pay much attention to him. In retrospect, that was a mistake. But I don't understand how one injury on a kick return relegated Waddle to third mention.

I am liking Waddle more and more as the Draft gets closer.

His acceleration is outstanding, whether it is out of a break or on the move. He can be gliding along with a DB near him and then he just hits another speed and creates space.

I am coming around to taking him at #6 if Pitts and Chase are off the board and he is closing in on Chase for #1 WR.

IF Pitts and Chase go 4 and 5(which i doubt but you never know)I would love to trade down a little and still grab Waddle but I don't know if he would get past Detroit at #7. They need WR and might grab one of the Bama Boys there.

Back
Top Bottom