The past history of FA, Draft leads me to believe.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The past history of FA, Draft leads me to believe....

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The past history of this franchise leads me to believe...I hate to say it but we probably wont get a WR out of this draft in the top rounds, No woods...no clayton...no williams...because we have a rookie WR already, JR Tolver and so with how conservative we always are we wont address that because they think Tolver will turn into a good WR which I cant really see happening. We wont get a rookie QB because of the WIN NOW attitude which means we will go FA for a QB and pick up someone like Brunell...which only gives us a couple years...we will address the Oline in the draft probably taking Vernon Carey from our #20 etc...basically its like this, we either draft a QB and WR and take care of the Oline in FA and the rest of the draft picks and prepare for a year or 2 down the road...or we get Brunell and address WR in FA and the Oline in the draft and HAVE TO WIN NOW...now if we got brunell, another WR from FA and a rookie line do you guys really think we can go to the superbowl in 1 or 2 years? I dont know....because if we do go this route its a MUST WIN situation...because if we go this route and dont make it to the superbowl then we will have a hell of a mess to deal with in the coming years...with QB, WR, and our aging D needing to be addressed in the draft, with that many positions theres no way youll get stars to fill in those positions, maybe a couple but we will have a real problem down the road if we go the WIN NOW with FA route...the reason I think we will go this route is because of past history...last year we were all talkinga bout what we thought wed do in the draft and everyone was saying WR WR WR!!! BOLDIN BOLDIN BOLDIN!!!! We had a shot at him and past him up....this year we will say it again, CLAYTON! WOODS! REGGIE! Will they FINALLY take a WR??? I dont think so....a QB perhaps?? Probably not...unfortunately this is how our franchise upgrades in the offseason... and if it repeats we will have a long road of frusteration ahead of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Miami will get all the offensiveline help in free agency. They will get a first for ogunleye. With the 20th pick we will draft Rivers Or Losman. Trade the other first rounder to move down into second round. We will have there late first, and now there second rounder too. They will get a wideout with that second late first rounder. Then in the second they can go receiver again or offensiveline. This is the best way to do it.

sure but will they do it that way? Id love to see them grab Rivers, a damn good WR and then address the Oline in FA and a little in the draft...chances are though this wont happen how we all want

Phinfan, good point of view..

There's no telling which way Miami will go, but Spielman wanted Boldin so I don't think he'll hesitate if Clayton, Reggie or Woods are at #20..

But we will never know til draft day..

well i sure hope the outcome of last yrs draft was all thanks to wanny and speilman will get us what we need this year!

Back
Top Bottom