The Patriots are just plain Cold-Hearted | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Patriots are just plain Cold-Hearted

boomer10

Club Member
Reaction score
They offer Welker who was Brady's Go-To guy for years a two year contract at 5 million per year. He heads off to Denver and they sign Amendola to a 5 year deal averaging out to 6 million per season. That is just adding insult to injury. They figured Welker was simply a role player in their Two-Tight end set, I guess. I know this is a business first. Just ask Dansby about that one. Welker's departure just might have others in that NE locker room questioning the management a bit more in the future. Then again, FA might just have taken on a whole new level of a cut-throat mentality all across the NFL. So maybe the Patriots don't get punished for their way of handling Welker. But... if Gronk gets dinged up again and misses time like he did last year, and Amendola is not making the right read adjustments in the slot, then Brady might just blow a gasket or get killed holding on to the ball a bit too long waiting for someone to get open.

now that would be a sight to see

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet the Pats would've given Hartline that contract had he been available.

Why would you give a 32 year old receiver anything more than two years $10M? He only got $2M more from Denver. It's smart business.

Back
Top Bottom