The perfect Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The perfect Draft

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has given this any thought, but the Cardinals just might not take a QB in the 1st round afterall. After Josh McCown's strong performace (for a 1st time starter) in the last three games (57.2 completion %, 1018 yds, 5 TDs) they may consider giving him the starting job. IF, and that's a big IF, that happens, it would push Manning and Roethlisberger lower down in the draft giving us a good opportunity to trade up and get one.

A lot of people are talking about Losman or Rivers, who are awsome QB's but would be ready to start next year. Manning or Roethlisberger probably could. So I think miami is in the prime position to have a Perfect draft. If they trade off RFA Ogunleye for a 1st and 3rd round pick, they should take a QB and a WR in the first round and use the rest of the draft to work on the O-Line. Or they could pull a Mike Ditka and trade off their entire draft for the 1st overall so they could make sure they get Manning.:D

" Or they could pull a Mike Ditka and trade off their entire draft for the 1st overall so they could make sure they get Manning."

Yeah that makes sense....because the only hole on the Fins is the QB position. It seemed to work well for the Saints when they had 1 draft pick in a year....what was their record this year?

Originally posted by Lukin
I don't know if anyone else has given this any thought, but the Cardinals just might not take a QB in the 1st round afterall. After Josh McCown's strong performace (for a 1st time starter) in the last three games (57.2 completion %, 1018 yds, 5 TDs) they may consider giving him the starting job. IF, and that's a big IF, that happens, it would push Manning and Roethlisberger lower down in the draft giving us a good opportunity to trade up and get one.

A lot of people are talking about Losman or Rivers, who are awsome QB's but would be ready to start next year. Manning or Roethlisberger probably could. So I think miami is in the prime position to have a Perfect draft. If they trade off RFA Ogunleye for a 1st and 3rd round pick, they should take a QB and a WR in the first round and use the rest of the draft to work on the O-Line. Or they could pull a Mike Ditka and trade off their entire draft for the 1st overall so they could make sure they get Manning.:D

Don't draft Manning!
Look at the odds, we know P. Manning is a great QB but never have there been two great Siblings (sp) in the same sport.

Originally posted by dusty_hog
" Or they could pull a Mike Ditka and trade off their entire draft for the 1st overall so they could make sure they get Manning."

Yeah that makes sense....because the only hole on the Fins is the QB position. It seemed to work well for the Saints when they had 1 draft pick in a year....what was their record this year?

I was joking dick head.

Well aren't you a treat! You'll last long on these boards with that kind of attitude.

You aren't the only that has said that 'joke,' except they were serious, so I don't doubt anything anymore here.

Re: Re: The perfect Draft

Originally posted by KenCalo

Don't draft Manning!
Look at the odds, we know P. Manning is a great QB but never have there been two great Siblings (sp) in the same sport.
Williams sisters?

I understand a lot of people are nervous about drafting a rookie QB with high expectations. But c'mon, he's a freaking Manning! Archie was great, Peyton is greatness, Eli was awsome in college, why would he not be great in the pros? I know there are more holes on our team that QB, but like i said on another post, it all starts with the Quarterback. You have to have a good QB to win, no matter what. (2000 Ravens accepted)

First you're joking, now you're talking up a storm about drafting Manning. Split personality or what? I'm so confused.

Since Wannstedt is sticking around, don't count on drafting a QB. He will work with the new GM and influence him to draft a DT, CB, or FS in the first round. Just watch. :(

Re: Re: The perfect Draft

Originally posted by KenCalo

Don't draft Manning!

Barber brothers.
Gramatica brothers.
Williams sisters.
Boone brothers.

borderline...
Giambi brothers.

soon to be...
Vick brothers.

just off the top of my head ..... if you extend the agruement to cousins or bloodlines it gets even easier.

Not drafting Eli is fine, but there has to be a better arguement than this.
:)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Since Wannstedt is sticking around, don't count on drafting a QB. He will work with the new GM and influence him to draft a DT, CB, or FS in the first round. Just watch. :(

thats what a GM is for, to keep the coach coaching and keep out of personel decisions. what i am afraid of though is that the new GM , if not spielman, wont understand that our main problem is OL. It is not QB although we should always be looking for a good one. My recipe is to restructure JF and make him backup and sign Brunell or get Rivers or Losman in the first round (drop down if need be).

Back
Top Bottom