The Perfect Draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Perfect Draft.

Cheapshotz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First 3 rounds of perfection.

I believe Saban is rebuilding and he signed veteran FA's to 1 year deals to stay competitive this year. I believe Saban is going offense in the first couple of rounds to boost that side of the ball. Nick being a defensive Guru can probably sign cast offs from other teams on the defensive side and produce a quality defense.

Remember, we're going for play makers on offense.

1st round
#2 Ronnie Brown - Most versatile back in the draft and upgrades the Miami Offense tremendoulsy.
2nd round Acquired via trade (Surtain)
#47 Matt Jones - Saban picks potentially the most explosive offensive player left on the board. Jones may be a project and you can't ignore a guy 6'6 230lbs who runs a 4.39 40. Give Jones one year to learn his new position (WR) and he'll be a NIGHTMARE for defensive coordinators for a decade.
3rd round
#70 Andrew Walter - Saban picks his insurance policy to AJ Feeley. If AJ faulters in 05 Walters will be the starter in 06.

1. Braylon Edwards

2. Marion Barber

3. McPherson

1. Braylon Edwards

2. Ernest Shazor

3. David Baass

The Michigan Trio......but honestly I think this would be an awesome draft if we got these guys!

1. Smith QB - Saban era begins with smart athletic and accurate QB.

2. Fason - We need a big powerful, fast, good receiving RB. Somewhat like Brown but not as fast.

3. Wilkerson - Need C anchor on line for next 5+ years or Best OL C, Guard or LT available.

Cheapshotz said:
First 3 rounds of perfection.

I believe Saban is rebuilding and he signed veteran FA's to 1 year deals to stay competitive this year. I believe Saban is going offense in the first couple of rounds to boost that side of the ball. Nick being a defensive Guru can probably sign cast offs from other teams on the defensive side and produce a quality defense.

Remember, we're going for play makers on offense.

1st round
#2 Ronnie Brown - Most versatile back in the draft and upgrades the Miami Offense tremendoulsy.
2nd round Acquired via trade (Surtain)
#47 Matt Jones - Saban picks potentially the most explosive offensive player left on the board. Jones may be a project and you can't ignore a guy 6'6 230lbs who runs a 4.39 40. Give Jones one year to learn his new position (WR) and he'll be a NIGHTMARE for defensive coordinators for a decade.
3rd round
#70 Andrew Walter - Saban picks his insurance policy to AJ Feeley. If AJ faulters in 05 Walters will be the starter in 06.

Think about what we could do with Matt Jones on our team. He would be an awesome WR but could also play QB at times. That would open the door for so many trick plays because he was a QB in college!! He could run too, seriously.

Trade down twice to 13 - Travis Johnson
Trade back into late 1st- Andrew Walter (he'll rise this high with his workout)
3rd- Ciatrick Fason (due to bad 40 time)
3rd- Lance Mitchell

1st cedrick benson

2nd aaron rogers

3rd Braylon edwards

You said the perfect draft not realistic draft.

1) Ronnie Brown- brings a ton of offense with one pick

2) Luis Castillo- gotta get some D on Day 1

3) Andrew Walter- still think the shoulder drops him, his potential is very good.

DonShula84 said:
Anything involving Edwards is far from perfect imo
well said...

i think if we can grab ronnie brown and either mcpherson/campbell we'll be laughing.

Jaj said:
Trade down twice to 13 - Travis Johnson
Trade back into late 1st- Andrew Walter (he'll rise this high with his workout)
3rd- Ciatrick Fason (due to bad 40 time)
3rd- Lance Mitchell

I like the idea of us trading down a couple of times,but not that far.I would like to see us swap picks with the browns(They want A.Smith),and pick up a 3rd in that deal,then trade with the vikings (They want B.Edwards)and pick up those two 1st.Whether or not this is possible,we may never know,but i think this would make for an outstanding draft.

1-A.Rolle
1-K.Barnes
3-C.Fason
3-E.Shazor
3-K.Orton

Back
Top Bottom