The perfect first day Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The perfect first day Draft

wazzy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think if we drafted Ronnie Brown and got a second pound pick somehow(surtain trade) and picked mcpherson that would be a great first day?

Agreed. But I also think if we trade down our 1st round pick for a later 1st round pick and a 2nd and something else, or plus a 1st in next year's draft, we'll be in pretty good shape too.

BringBackShula said:
Agreed. But I also think if we trade down our 1st round pick for a later 1st round pick and a 2nd and something else, or plus a 1st in next year's draft, we'll be in pretty good shape too.
Thats actually my perfect first day, but I dont see a team wanting to trade up.

Thank god someone replied to this its my first thread ever and no one replied for like the first minute i almost felt useless just like RS as our Gm

touborg said:
That would be my ideal first day, yes.

McPherson is another Cecil Collins (different positions, of course) waiting to happen. I wouldn't waste a valuable 2nd rounder, if we acquired one, on a cancer like that. More is less sometimes.

I thought this is a new era, and the Dolphins mentality of trying to sign players from half-way houses is over.

Your right McPherson does have some baggage and Cecil Collins seemed to be doing all the right things and saying all the right things before the Dolphins drafted him. The Dolphins took a chance on him because he had all the talent and abilities and it blew up in their face. Maybe McPherson wont be a bad gamble but? It seems like all the head cases and players with baggage that the Dolphins have taken a chance on lately have backfired on us like RW and Underwood.

Marc790 said:
I thought this is a new era, and the Dolphins mentality of trying to sign players from half-way houses is over.
:yeahthat:

OneHondo said:
RW and Underwood.

At least RW gave us a few good years, and Underwood cost us nothing, being that we picked him up after the Vikes waived him. The whole cutting the wrist thign was disturbing, but it really didn't backfire.

As for McPherson, it's a whole other story -- either a second or third round is hardly worth it for a guy who is an arena-leaguer.

I doubt he's another Kurt Warner.

Back
Top Bottom