The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pick At No. 11 For The Miami Dolphins Will Be ...

Unless it’s Josh Rosen or Mayfield, I’d rather wait and take a QB later. I’ll take Mike White, maybe Richard Lagow later, bring in a Max Browne, watch Bellicheat take one of those guys and everybody will be “how does he see what nobody else see’s” We don’t really need a quarterback, but a later pick would serve us just fine. We have other positions of need to be honest.

everything about this offseason points to Gase running the show. Gase also said that they wanted to go to more of a rotation along the defensive line. That screams to me a pass rushing DT in the mid rounds. I think they would love one of the linebackers or safeties. I feel very confident on them passing on Vea.

I think based on the makeup of the front office and staff I was guessing the players of interest would be Minkah, Ward, Rosen/Qb, Edmunds and Vea..

I didn't have Smith on my list- and I would prepare yourself for the pick of Vea.

Preparing with a shovel :cry:cry:cry

for the record.....I'd draft Davenport before I draft Vea.....at least Davenport gets to the QB which is what we need. Vea will not be an impact player. The FO needs to show that they have learn something from all the bad decisions they've made in the past.

I am increasingly of the opinion that both Rosen and either James or Fitzpatrick are going to be there at 11.

And I would take Fitzpatrick. But if that happens, I think the Fins take Rosen.

Not that I don't believe Vea will help our defense, but...MEH.

Given what Gase has identified as the makeup for what he wants in a player....Alpha leaders, that spells Roquon, Fitzpatrick or Derwin James with the the edge going to both safeties because it allows for more flexibility on the defense. I am hoping for Minkah.

I also thing there is a strong chance that 3 TE's go in the bottom half of the first round and another at the top of the 2nd so we may miss out on the top guys by the time 42 rolls around. Possibly a TE in the 3rd.

If we went Minkah at 11 and grabbed a DT (Harrison Smith) in the 2nd, I think it would go a long way in helping our defense, IMO. In this scenario TJMcD moves to nickel LB with Anthony in the base. (Ironically, Jeremiah has Smith ranked 42nd.) Or maybe we get lucky and Maurice Hurst drops (DJ has him ranked 41st).

for the record.....I'd draft Davenport before I draft Vea.....at least Davenport gets to the QB which is what we need. Vea will not be an impact player. The FO needs to show that they have learn something from all the bad decisions they've made in the past.
Bra definitely impacted the WashingTom Buskers run defense...weren't the my among the best last yr?

Don't we struggle stopping the run? (Despite this post, I ultimately agree I don't want a DT first round....

[Insert crying Jordaan face]

Here was the logic behind my names-

Mike T - loves DT and CB - always had - Vea and Ward and remember he pushed the Phillips pick.
Burke - Minkah or Edmunds
Gase -QB

I think Mike might win the room - although I do think there is something behind the Mike giving Gase the rope to wither sink or swim- that is a win either way for Mike in the end.

I think Gase is the man (in charge) but is not beyond persuasion. I think he just wants a QB to develop that is better than Matt Moore. He's just been too much of a 17 supporter to give up on this year. I think what he really wants is an impact player for this year who will set an example by hard work, film study and follow his lead.

Of course, I am just trying to read between the lines and make a guess as well.

Zero 2018 snaps for a QB
400 from a DT
1000 from a safety

Grier has also mentioned once that snaps played a factor in the draft process.

Tiko, what if on VVs first play against NE Brady drops back, starts to climb the pocket and WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell was that???? A 375 pound freight train????? Brady will be saying, I've fallen and I can't get up!!!!! VV is closer to 350 but he's a little bigger than Vince Wilfork coming out of the U of M. I think Wilfork was picked #21 over all by the Pats. If VV is close to that type of player, it's lucky that he's on your team.

Back
Top Bottom