The play that completely changed the game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The play that completely changed the game

Was a piss poor start tho, but they did what they preached all week, finish. I guess that's what it meant. Kudos to Mike Thomas.

...now if we can play a full game instead of a half we have a chance to win this thing and by that I mean the Super Bowl......yes I said it, we can be that good if we played 4 quarters.....no body is playing better at this point in the season.....

I'd like to know why Miami is having such a hard time playing (well) for 60 minutes. They finally figured out how to get 4th quarter TDs, but forgot how to score in the first half (or at least the first 29 minutes)!

I'd like to know why Miami is having such a hard time playing (well) for 60 minutes. They finally figured out how to get 4th quarter TDs, but forgot how to score in the first half (or at least the first 29 minutes)!

Most NFL teams have issues with this. It's why the NFL is so popular.

The pats had just scored to take a 10 nothing lead. But two things happened that never would have happened with past coaching staffs and personnel.

1. Philbin decided to use his timeouts at the end of the half to give the dolphins a chance to score no matter what the pats did on that drive.

2. Tannehill hit clutch 24 yard connection to Matthews to pick up a 3rd and ten. And then hit Wallace with zip on the ball to allow Wallace do what he was brought here to be: A playmaker.

Under past regimes we would not have used those timeouts, playing conservatively instead. If we did, when faced with a third and ten deep in our own territory, we probably would have seen our offense run the ball and just punt it back to the pats, and the pats would have scored again.

But philbin put the ball in Tannehill's hand, and Tannehill delivered. Also, we haven't had a WR since maybe Marshall that could take a deep post and take it 40+ yards for a TD. Wallace is finally earning his money.

Big play. Great coaching. Without it we would have lost by at least 10.

Great win, Go Fins!

Well said...excellent post :-)

Also maybe you've noticed, but when down three a lot of teams get extremely conservative when in FG range. Not us. We go for the jugular. We did it against Atlanta and here again today. I absolutely love that about the way we run things now.

I've heard of this thing called the "opponent". If it's not a myth, it might account for not doing whatever we want for 60 minutes... :D

Back
Top Bottom