The play that should make Tannehill's biggest detractors step back and smile | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The play that should make Tannehill's biggest detractors step back and smile

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
Down 3, under 6 minutes to play, near midfield and it is 3rd and 7.

bh4qIU.gif

Certainly would have been a completely different game if we did not convert there!

That is the Tannehill we wanted to see earlier in the year. He is very effective on roll-outs whether he runs or passes.

That was a beautiful pass! Lost faith in Tanne but still rooting for him just because he's in a Phins uni...

Down 3, under 6 minutes to play, near midfield and it is 3rd and 7.

bh4qIU.gif

I was at the game yesterday with a packers-fan buddy of mine and after that play he looked at me and said, "that was Rodgers-esque."

I looked back and said, "he needs to do that a lot more often."

That was a great pass, example of Tannehill at his best, throwing with accuracy on the run. Problem is he came up short on a long pass to Stills that would have been a TD. He also missed RB in the flats twice where the opportunity for big plays was there. He is what he is, serviceable, not a star.

I think he was standing there waiting for the snap...looked down at the field, saw the logo there and realized he had to go above and beyond to make the play....and he did.

lowkey....this was the play of the game

Huge throw, huge moment, 4th qtr, kept a drive alive. I'll gladly trade pretty numbers or an NFL completion record for big boy plays in big boy moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was another "ok still have a shot thank the Lord" moment. Lots of those on both offense and defense yesterday.

Big time pass....... 4th qtr comeback... great to see... keep it going

I thought RT played extremely well and yes that pass was the best of the game yesterday, no question. Let's also not forget a clutch pass on 3rd down to extend a drive which Foster dropped. That play was extremely frustrating given the situation at the time. If people want to nitpick RT missing a bomb by 8" to make it a "perfect pass" to allow Stills to catch it, that's fine, but don't forget the perfectly catchable balls that don't get caught on this team game in and game out. My only negative on RT yesterday, which turned out to be a game clinching TD was the bomb to Stills for the final score. Yes, it worked, but my goodness when I saw it live I thought "why on earth does he make that throw???" I think we got really, really lucky there. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he saw the coverage and intentionally underthrew it, similar to how you do a 12 yard back shoulder pass, but had that pass been picked off, which it very easily could have, this board would have a much different mood today. Anyone else feel that way about that 1 pass?

Back
Top Bottom