The Play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Play

Ozfin

Turn Left at Nowhere Else
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Two questions
A - Is this the best play of the NFL season so far?
B - Where does this rank as the best play in Fin history?

Some food for thought.

Always liked the Marino clock play as my no 1, especially being the Jets. Gladsden's catches weren't half bad either.

It was a really cool play on 4th and goal. The players executed it to perfection. That being said, the Miami Miracle is still the craziest play I have seen live in a NFL game. I’m not sure how you beat a walk off win over the Pats with a double lateral that goes 69 yards for a TD. The best part of that play is Tom Brady smiling and celebrating on the sidelines because there was only 7 seconds left and he thought they won (before the play).

Was a great trick play and different, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was the best play of the season or best play in fin history due to it being a meaningless game in a losing season.

That play goes back in time to the "Single Wing" era; WAY, WAY back in history.
It's good to know that our coaches know history, and are able to dial it up in today's game!

It was a awesome play.

Doesn’t come close to the Miracle in Miami.

Not even in the same realm of epicness.

We run that play in 7 man flag football. App State it's called. Defender comes up you pitch. Defender stays back you run.

...but run by a punter. Now that does make it impressive.

Why do you think the defender let the punter/kicker..whomever it was that caught the ball go?
IMO, It was unlike that runner was going to win the battle against two tacklers.
I assume that person responsibility was to stay with the guy that ended up catching the ball.

Why do you think the defender let the punter/kicker..whomever it was that caught the ball go?
IMO, It was unlike that runner was going to win the battle against two tacklers.
I assume that person responsibility was to stay with the guy that ended up catching the ball.

They all stood lined up on the endzone the primary receiver dropped deeper unnoticed once the punter was in an angle to toss it.

Had he stayed put, they would have tackled him IN the endzone. The punter also did sell it he had the balls to run in the would be tackler's direction until he came close enough for him to bite.

Back
Top Bottom