The player who has grown on you the most (Draft) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The player who has grown on you the most (Draft)

I'm looking at the dark horse in the combine, lot of players set records but never amount to much in the pros

A dark horse running back I would love to pick up in the 5-6th round is Tyler Allgeier from BYU. Powerful runner, big and fast. Runs with violence. Can also block and catch.

Did you watch the combine? Burks looked stiffer and less fluid than Olave, Wilson, and Watson. He was slower than those 3 as expected and didnt look as natural a WR catching the ball . His stock has dropped for sure and I certainly would not pick him in round 1.
If his stock has dropped far enough Iā€™d absolutely take him at 29, but I donā€™t think weā€™ll get the chance.

Kenneth walker surprised me with his speed. I didnā€™t think he was that fast. Breece hall looked great. Cook also was a beast.

Trevor penning looked awesome as well. I didnā€™t know he was going to show out like that.

Georgiaā€™s defensive line is unreal.

Christian Watson had himself a good showing as well.

Leo Chenal very much helped himself this past weekend.

Araiza, I wanted him in the 7th, now I think he will go much sooner.

Last edited:
Linderbaum and Nakobe Dean.

If either fall to 29 I would be ecstatic.if neither are there I would prefer to trade down.

Also, every day, I am likimg the idea of Faleele.

In my mocks I am starting to take him over RB at 50 lol.

So I guess Faleele has grown on me the most.

Dean a close 2nd.

Linderbaum, always wanted him. So I guess he never had to grow on me lol.

I have to say Iā€™m excited by the LBā€™s. Iā€™m stunned by Leo Chantel running a 4.53. I thought he was much stiffer than that. I want to take another look at his highlights to see if he plays faster than I thought. Muma was basically a 0.1 slower but he plays fast.

Andersen from Montana State. The LSU kid and the two GA guys. Oh day 3, the App State guy is small but he ran well. I think Micah McFadden is a day three steal because he was very productive against good competition.

I was so frustrated with our LBā€™s last year that I would love to get TWO of these guys who can really run. I know Iā€™m being greedy. I think it would just change our D. Some of these guys can run but also have size.

You have to like Baker, and Roberts brings a certain dimension but some of the guys were just so bad in space. Combine a couple of faster LBā€™s to go with Baker and our safeties and all of a sudden the defense is FAST. This could be huge for us.

Last edited:
I think this is a good year to draft a 'project' QB. The Vikings could do well taking a QB with their pick and be able to ditch Cousins next year. As an example.
Malik Willis intrigues me a lot.

I also like that Ol Miss WR Drummond. Lousy 40 but, 'You try tackling him!'

Like the title says, who is the player that has really grown on you throughout the process leading up to the draft and why. Doesnā€™t have to be a big name let see how deep it runs and see if someone calls a diamond in the rough.

Mineā€¦

James Cook - seems to fit the zone running scheme with one cut and hit the hole. Decent route runner and can catch pretty well. UGA RBs are decent blockers but I feel like his burst is going to be his wow factor. Not a lot of wear on the treads due to UGA being loaded at RB. Could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Kind of gives me a Kamara vibe
Cook is an excellent choice.

I really hope we don't go RB in the first two rounds because talent like Cook and Pierce from Florida should could be available in the third or fourth.

Hall. Drooling over this kid.
Agreed. I really didn't want a RB at #29 (and I'd still prefer to trade down a bit if possible), but I have Hall on the Jonathan Taylor level now. It wasn't so much the workout, although that helped. I just finally got a chance to watch some of his games. I love his vision, explosiveness and speed. I see him as a perfect fit in our scheme. IMO Flores ignoring/over-ruling Studdsville, who was banging the table for Taylor at #30, was one of the biggest recent draft mistakes. I think they devalued the RB position too much by taking a back-up CB over a starting RB. I think taking Hall instantly makes our OL better, our run game better and our overall offense better.

Back
Top Bottom