Ray R

Club Member
Reaction score
The positive media reviews on Tua continue

Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins​

1 OF 7

1. ewuak1twptnp3xywoip4.jpg

Michael Reaves/Getty Images
    The Miami Dolphins are still unsure of what 2020 fifth overall pick Tua Tagovailoa could be. There have been a myriad of contributing factors to this, including reasons outside of Tagovailoa's control. It's not his fault Miami has had an abhorrent offensive line and has replaced his offensive coordinator each year.
    Tagovailoa completed 67.8 percent of his passes in 2021, but he averaged just 6.8 yards per attempt, a bottom-10 mark among starters. He has a weaker arm than most of his peers, but his trainer, Nick Hicks, recently had some encouraging news, telling Patrick Dowd of Touchdown Alabama that Tua is now as strong as he was at Alabama, if not more so, after continuing to rehab the hip he dislocated in November 2019.
    New head coach Mike McDaniel's offense should also open more opportunities downfield through better blocking and play designs. Additionally, the Dolphins rebuilt their offensive line, bringing in left tackle Terron Armstead and guard Connor Williams, and they added Tyreek Hill and Cedrick Wilson Jr. in the passing game.
    In theory, they should have legitimate playmakers to help elevate Tagovailoa in his third season. If he fails, Miami has the draft assets needed to make a big splash. Or, while it may seem like a long shot to some, the team could try to bring in Tom Brady after being linked to him this offseason.
    Ultimately, Tagovailoa should make a jump in consistency and creating chunk plays. He may not have the physical ability to be a transcendent passer, but he'll lead an efficient offense that grinds defenses down and take Miami to the playoffs this season.
    Prediction: Earns starting role for 2023 -

2. Insert by RayR - I feel this is a fairly inclusive report that addresses the "what and why" of Tuas situation with the Dolphins.
  3. Bottom line is that they predict he earns a starting role as our QB for 2023.
  4. Could it be the Tua haters are wrong? - LOL

watch steve young and that niner offense execute the west coast offense, Young rarely has to throw the ball 50 yards, its all timing and rhythm between the lines, what made Young imo the most dangerous qb of all time was his ability to run and his pinpoint accuracy within the offense.

I listened to him in an interview one time say that every time he saw the linebackers turn their backs to him he would abort the play and consciously run strait up the gut, and he said he would do it multiple times in a row until they respected his legs FIRST. after that happened, he had them, and would shred them.

I'm known as a Tua doubter and it's funny because that "praise" is my exact reason I'm doubtful.

If you want consistent success especially come playoff time you generally need a top 10 passer in the league. Not necessarily transcendent but not just efficient either.

I'm hoping he becomes that top 10 QB this year.

I'm known as a Tua doubter and it's funny because that "praise" is my exact reason I'm doubtful.

If you want consistent success especially come playoff time you generally need a top 10 passer in the league. Not necessarily transcendent but not just efficient either.

I'm hoping he becomes that top 10 QB this year.
Thats true... And you also need good players on offense... Something Tua the Fins didnt really have outside of Waddle(and Gesicki?) the last 2 years...

Thats true... And you also need good players on offense... Something Tua the Fins didnt really have outside of Waddle(and Gesicki?) the last 2 years...

You forgot Isiah Ford and Jesse Davis!

Oh sorry, you said "good", nevermind.

Back
Top Bottom