The Post Combine version of "Who we taking if?" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Post Combine version of "Who we taking if?"

Who is Miami Taking with the 8th pick?

• Reilly Reiff - OT - Iowa

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • David Decastro - OG - Stanford

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Jonathan Martin - OT - Stanford

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Courtney Upshaw - DE/OLB - Alabama

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Melvin Ingram - DE/OLB - South Carolina

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Luke Keuchly - ILB - Boston College

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Dontari Poe - NT - Memphis

• Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama

• Janoris Jenkins - CB - Northern Alabama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Perry - DE/OLB - USC

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Michael Brockers - DT - LSU

• Dont'a Hightower - ILB - Alabama

• Coby Fleener - TE - Stanford

• Kendall Wright - WR - Baylor

• Cordy Glenn - OG/OT - Georgia

• Brandon Weeden - QB - Oklahoma State

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was in love with upshaw... the fact that it sounds like we will be more 4-3 based and from my opinion that he just had a ho hum attitude at the combine I have backed off my mancrush on him...

I'm sure he will be a beast, but I remember how much I wanted mcclain and look what happened there.

is it just me or does all sabans guys get drafted and turn into bums... I can only think of rolando and cody at the moment and maybe because those are the only two I can think of as having negative light recently, my brain is washed into wanting to stay away from alabama all of a sudden... lol

^ can't forget M. Darius.
I went with Luke Keuchly, my second choice would be DeCastro however in a trade down scenario.

i can't see st louis trading out of a scenario where they can get either blackmon or claiborne provided blackmon runs a decent number so to me thats cleveland at #4...that said in this scenario if its up to me i'm not goinmg right tackle with that top 10 pick i loathe that idea its down to either poe, decastro or kuechly...i'd pluck the highest on my board...upside wise no doubt in my mind its poe but i think decastro and kuechly are both perennial nfl all pros...all i know is i feel better about our prospects with that #8 pick talent wise after the combine i know that

Kuechly ran in the 4.5s erasing One of the biggest doubts. Id go for him or DeCastro. They look like the surest bets.

Upshaw ran a slower 40 and didnt show the explosion in drills.

I like Ingram, but at under 6'2 with short arms, may not be an ideal fit.

OT can be had in 2nd or 3rd. No TE, CB (after Claiborne), WR (after blackmon), QB worth that high.

Were looking for playmakers, right? Well Kuechly fits that bill, albeit on the D.

My bad. Don't think upshaw ran a 40. Meant to say that he looked slower off the block with less burst in his drills.

Still think Kuechly, DeCastro and Ingram are your 3 safest bets (2 of which are playmakers) and all of which are the tops are their respective positions.

I think Garner, Jerry and Murtha can settle the RT spot.

I want kuechly, I picked ingram in the pole. and after I keep reading more and more of irelands comments, I should have gone with decastro or reiff... cuz that's obviously who hes picking, or at least what he wants everyone to believe!! IMO

We need pass rusher from the DE position and OLB position. Ingram kills two birds with one stone. Plenty of good offensive lineman to pick from in the second round.

Wow, that would be a horrible scenario. I guess in this situation I've got to go with Courtney Upshaw. I wouldn't mind Ingram, Richardson or Floyd though.

We need pass rusher from the DE position and OLB position. Ingram kills two birds with one stone. Plenty of good offensive lineman to pick from in the second round.

My thoughts exactly. That is the reason I chose Ingram, we are running a 4-3, and sometimes a 3-4. Ingram is versatile enough to stay on the field.

If this is how the draft goes before the dolphins pick. I think the phins will go DT and draft Dontari Poe to replace Paul Soliai and to be our next Tim Bowens for years to come. The dolphins will make sure we know "where the beef" when it come to our DLine.

After 75 votes, 50 of the 75 votes (67%) are for LB and/or pass rusher while only 3 of the 75 votes (4%) are for OT. I am actually surprised by that, though it is the direction I hope Miami takes (no RT at 8). Decastro a wildcard with 11 votes (15%) and I would be fine with that, the guy is a real smooth mover yet he can maul people in the run game and pass protect just as well and real good LG are becomming staples of having a real good oline. I actually chose Floyd as my BPA and pick if the mock fell that way.

I wanna do another one of these after free agency and pro days, prior to the draft, I can imagine the mock and selections could be a bit different by then.

Ireland has stated MULTIPLE times that he loves corners and pass rushers. I think we take either Melvin Ingram if he is still there (which I dont think he will be, I think he gets picked 1 spot ahead of us) or Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama(who gets my vote). He can play DB & we can move Smith to FS OR (the option I would like to see) we can put Kirkpatrick at FS and he can be the ballhawk we have been wanting. He is GREAT playing on in a zone and can tackle pretty damn well. Plus a lot of scouts project that he would be a better saftey than DB in the NFL. Also, with SS contract expiring after this year, this would also be an insurance policy.

Back
Top Bottom