The Post Combine version of "Who we taking if?" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Post Combine version of "Who we taking if?"

Who is Miami Taking with the 8th pick?

• Reilly Reiff - OT - Iowa

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • David Decastro - OG - Stanford

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Jonathan Martin - OT - Stanford

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Courtney Upshaw - DE/OLB - Alabama

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Melvin Ingram - DE/OLB - South Carolina

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Luke Keuchly - ILB - Boston College

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Dontari Poe - NT - Memphis

• Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama

• Janoris Jenkins - CB - Northern Alabama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Perry - DE/OLB - USC

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Michael Brockers - DT - LSU

• Dont'a Hightower - ILB - Alabama

• Coby Fleener - TE - Stanford

• Kendall Wright - WR - Baylor

• Cordy Glenn - OG/OT - Georgia

• Brandon Weeden - QB - Oklahoma State

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The more I think about it the more sense Keuchly makes. Right now who would be our 3 LB's in the 4-3? Dansby in the middle, KB on one side and Misi on the other, are any of you really comfortable with that? With Keuchly in the middle we can slide Dansby outside and wreak havoc. I really wouldn't be upset at all with Perry or Ingram though as we do need a pass rusher very badly but I just think Keuchly is the safest bet and he would be a huge asset.

The more I think about it the more sense Keuchly makes. Right now who would be our 3 LB's in the 4-3? Dansby in the middle, KB on one side and Misi on the other, are any of you really comfortable with that? With Keuchly in the middle we can slide Dansby outside and wreak havoc. I really wouldn't be upset at all with Perry or Ingram though as we do need a pass rusher very badly but I just think Keuchly is the safest bet and he would be a huge asset.

I think we can get away with Misi at LB in the 4-3, he is very underrated on this site because as an OLB in the 3-4, he did not rush the passer well, but he did alot of other things well and the Dolphins have stated they would be experimenting with him on the inside going forward, which is an idea that many people already felt could be promising for him.

By neglecting a pass rusher opposite Wake with that first pick, who do we really have to take pressure off of him and get to the QB? In the 2nd round would it be easier to go MLB or pass rusher, can Merling thrive in the 4-3? My gut says "I hope so" but that is the same as my gut on Misi in the 4-3, guess thats the homer in me. Kuechly would be a good pick, I just really think that eliminates that Misi pick completely, and I think a high motor guy like Koa can help a defense.

I went with BPA and in my opinion, that is Trent Richardson. DT couldn't stay healthy last year, and a combination of those 2 with Reggie Bush could be a very high powered rushing attack. How many TDs did we leave on the board because we couldnt pound it in from 3 yards or closer? Way too many. Richardson would give us that, and I'd take him at 8 without even questioning myself if he's there. Otherwise I like Ingram, DeCastro, or Keuch at 8. In no particular order.

I think we can get away with Misi at LB in the 4-3, he is very underrated on this site because as an OLB in the 3-4, he did not rush the passer well, but he did alot of other things well and the Dolphins have stated they would be experimenting with him on the inside going forward, which is an idea that many people already felt could be promising for him.

By neglecting a pass rusher opposite Wake with that first pick, who do we really have to take pressure off of him and get to the QB? In the 2nd round would it be easier to go MLB or pass rusher, can Merling thrive in the 4-3? My gut says "I hope so" but that is the same as my gut on Misi in the 4-3, guess thats the homer in me. Kuechly would be a good pick, I just really think that eliminates that Misi pick completely, and I think a high motor guy like Koa can help a defense.

I can see your argument... I'd mention that we had high motor guys like matt roth, and sent them packing. If it came down to not drafting keuchly because we didnt' want the misi pick to be a waste I would be pissed. If theres another reason, so be it. I like the LB corps a lot better without misi in it, than with...

secondly, is a guy like mychal kendricks going to be around at our 2nd pick? while I don't think he's near as good as keuchly... I think if we nabbed him in the 2nd, (kendricks), we could address pass rusher in the first... I'd be happy with that. perhaps, sanders, osemele or martin in the 3rd, although if your banking on guys being there in the third round, your probably playing with fire.

Back
Top Bottom