The Post Combine version of "Who we taking if?" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Post Combine version of "Who we taking if?"

Who is Miami Taking with the 8th pick?

• Reilly Reiff - OT - Iowa

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • David Decastro - OG - Stanford

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Jonathan Martin - OT - Stanford

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Courtney Upshaw - DE/OLB - Alabama

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Melvin Ingram - DE/OLB - South Carolina

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Luke Keuchly - ILB - Boston College

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Dontari Poe - NT - Memphis

• Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama

• Janoris Jenkins - CB - Northern Alabama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Perry - DE/OLB - USC

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Michael Brockers - DT - LSU

• Dont'a Hightower - ILB - Alabama

• Coby Fleener - TE - Stanford

• Kendall Wright - WR - Baylor

• Cordy Glenn - OG/OT - Georgia

• Brandon Weeden - QB - Oklahoma State

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
I did this last year to get an idea of what others thought about the direction we would go if the draft fell a certain way. I'm going to lay out a potential mock draft with no trades and no trade down options and give a poll of choices and you guys choose who you think would be the pick.

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford
2. St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon - WR - Oklahoma State
3. Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil - OT - USC
4. Cleveland Browns - RGIII - QB - Baylor
5. Tampa Bay Bucs - Morris Claiborne - CB - LSU
6. Washington Redskins - Ryan Tannehill - QB - Texas A&M
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Quinton Coples - DE - UNC
8. Miami Dolphins - Who ya Got??

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with BPA, IMO that would be Melvin Ingram. Furthermore, finding another pass rusher will be much more difficult through free agency, and Ingram is one helluva talent.

Our front four of:

DE Melvin Ingram
DT Jared Odrick
DT Randy Starks
DE Cameron Wake

In this new pass-happy NFL, this front line would cause havoc all day, and allow our coordinator to drop more defenders back in coverage.

Why isnt Tannehill on the list? I think he is definitely in play at #8. Coples too.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Miami stays at 8 and doesnt trade down they will take Martin.A solid LT that can come iin immediatly and play RT.

Reiff has been projected by some scouts to guard.Glenn will be taken in the 1st and Massie upped his value with a very solid combine which could land him a late 1st very early 2nd rd pick.

You didn't read the original post did you? Both guys are gone in this scenario by the time Miami picks.

I read it, but I think the only sure things at the top of this draft ar Luck, RG3, Kalil, and maybe Blackmon and Claiborne. I think everyone else is fair game.

its between keuchly and ingram. keuchly is the safest pick and will be an awsome mlb. ingram is a great player and plays a postion of need. but im leaning toward keuchly. i think we could get curry later if we to keuchly at 8.

edit
how the hell did i forget decastro? they guy is mean and would be an awsome pick up. but i dont want to take a lineman unless we trade down a little bit

It's between Kuechly and Ingram for me. Both are gonna be probowlers IMO

It's between Kuechly and Ingram for me. Both are gonna be probowlers IMO

I agree, but add in Nick Perry. He is a junior, great combine numbers, higher upside than Ingram. I go with Perry based on higher upside. I base this on the fact that he had as many sacks as a Junior as Ingram as a senior, he is two inches taller and a better height for DE, can jump higer and is faster. He can also play OLB in the 3-4 (as can Ingram). I have no problem with any of those three.

My first choice is: Luke Kuechly ILB - Boston College

Second choice is: Melvin Ingram DE - South Carolina

My first choice is: Luke Kuechly ILB - Boston College

Second choice is: Melvin Ingram DE - South Carolina
Ya can't go wrong with either guy imo. One player gives you a versatile pass rushing presense, if/when paired with Wake,Odrick,and Starks will/could be a very formidable Front 4 to deal with;and the other player could very well be the next Zach Thomas for us. Yeah,either player will be fine with me if we go defense with our first pick.

I went with Kuechly. However, I am really surprised at the lack of love for Upshaw. Before the combine he was a vast majorities top pick...then he didnt test extremely well at the combine and now he is a forgotten man. Upshaw is going to make a team very happy. I like Perry in a trade down, but for me Upshaw is still the top 3-4 OLB. He might not run as fast in underwear, but the kid can play

I went for Riley Reiff.

Ireland likes the safe pick, and Reiff is certainly that. Will fill a big hole at RT.

If it was my choice, I'd either go Melvin Ingram (or Quinton Coples who I think will be there, think Jax takes Ingram) or trade down and stockpile the picks.

Back
Top Bottom