The Post of Hope (Not what you think) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Post of Hope (Not what you think)

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just posting this as therapy for myself but here goes...

In the NFL, it's so hard to create a winning environment, or is it?

In 2019, the Bucs were 7-9 and then they got Tom Brady and won the SB
In 2010, the Panthers were 2-14 when they drafted Cam Newton and eventually took them to a SB (hey, he used to be really good!)
In 2018, the Cardinals were 3-13 and then they drafted Kyler Murray
In 2007, the Falcons were 4-12 when they drafted Matt Ryan
In 2005, the Saints were 3-13 when they got Drew Brees

I think you all get the idea.. Get a game-changing QB and suddenly the OL looks better, the receivers play better, the defense magically plays better

This is NOT meant to be a knock on Tua. I think he could be solid but he needs a solid foundation around him to succeed and we definitely don't have that.

I'd be drafting 2 QBs a year until we hit on one. Until then, we're going to continue to be a middle-of-the-road team

Last edited:
Except we’re amidst one of those seasons without our own first round draft pick.

And we owned Houston’s pick after their horrendous season last year and somehow screwed that up.

The things those teams have / had in common is adequate coaching, play calling and personnel decisions. Not just a prior inept season or record.

It’s not that we haven’t had draft or salary cap assets. It’s that we’ve consistently squandered those assets.

With who we have coaching, play calling and acquiring players right now we could have 3 first round draft picks every year and I’d still have absolutely no faith in us getting out of this mess.

Maybe I'm just posting this as therapy for myself but here goes...

In the NFL, it's so hard to create a winning environment, or is it?

In 2019, the Bucs were 7-9 and then they got Tom Brady and won the SB
In 2019, the Panthers were 2-14 when they drafted Cam Newton and eventually took them to a SB (hey, he used to be really good!)
In 2018, the Cardinals were 3-13 and then they drafted Kyler Murray
In 2007, the Falcons were 4-12 when they drafted Matt Ryan
In 2005, the Saints were 3-13 when they got Drew Brees

I think you all get the idea.. Get a game-changing QB and suddenly the OL looks better, the receivers play better, the defense magically plays better

This is NOT meant to be a knock on Tua. I think he could be solid but he needs a solid foundation around him to succeed and we definitely don't have that.

I'd be drafting 2 QBs a year until we hit on one. Until then, we're going to continue to be a middle-of-the-road team

I’m with you , keep drafting qb’s u til you find one.

Except we’re amidst one of those seasons without our own first round draft pick.

And we owned Houston’s pick after their horrendous season last year and somehow screwed that up.

The things those teams have / had in common is adequate coaching, play calling and personnel decisions. Not just a prior inept season or record.

It’s not that we haven’t had draft or salary cap assets. It’s that we’ve consistently squandered those assets.

With who we have coaching, play calling and acquiring players right now we could have 3 first round draft picks every year and I’d still have absolutely no faith in us getting out of this mess.
I'll say it again. SF pick will be better than the Fins at the end of the year. So it's not really a bad thing.

The problem is the dude making that pick currently. Also, I don't believe we give up on Tua. He is far from the problem.

In 2020 the top scoring offense in the league was QB'd by a guy who contributed 40 TD's of his own and was the Dolphins starting QB in 2018.

I'll say it again. SF pick will be better than the Fins at the end of the year. So it's not really a bad thing.

The problem is the dude making that pick currently. Also, I don't believe we give up on Tua. He is far from the problem.
Trey Lance looking erratic as all he'll today.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think Tua could be the guy. Not disagreeing that he needs help, though.

Was watching part of the GB game and Rodgers is obviously amazing. But he also had a lot of time to throw. To look for second and third options. I mentioned Rodgers specifically because he's been mentioned as a potential option by the fan base.

I'm not sure there's a quarterback who would have success behind this line.

Its been 25 years of this s***. Were hours removed for a total embarrassing performance. One of many weve witnessed on the year. Can we please move all these cheerleader; happy even though we lost; posts into the locker.

Its too soon for this type of post! We have 12 more weeks of this to endure, the season is lost, were looking down the barrel of another rebuild, without our own 1st round pick, our owner is an ignorant a**hole. Our GM has an IQ of 4 and our coach has lost the lockerroom.

Enough with the positive BS

Its been 25 years of this s***. Were hours removed for a total embarrassing performance. One of many weve witnessed on the year. Can we please move all these cheerleader; happy even though we lost; posts into the locker.

Its too soon for this type of post! We have 12 more weeks of this to endure, the season is lost, were looking down the barrel of another rebuild, without our own 1st round pick, our owner is an ignorant a**hole. Our GM has an IQ of 4 and our coach has lost the lockerroom.

Enough with the positive BS
You didn't read the post bruh.

Back
Top Bottom