The Problem With Jeff Ireland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Problem With Jeff Ireland

mrhankey81701

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jeff Ireland is not a terrible GM by any means, anyone who thinks so doesn't follow football closely at all. That being said he is not a great GM either he is average, as you can tell by our average team since he got here. We do have a lot of talent on the roster, our D-Line, linebacking core, running back and offensive line all have great players on it (given there are some holes on the o-line). However, we consistently have issues at the same spots.
The problem isn't his eye for talent, the problem is he rubs people the wrong way. Ever since Bill Parcells left we have had a huge problem, our organization has too many leaks. Nothing is a secret in Dolphins land anymore, everyone knows exactly who we are targetting months before the team is ever supposed to be able to talk to them. Thus when we miss out on a player it is viewed as a huge failure and the blame goes to Ireland (rightfully so). Ignoring the Peyton Manning situation, because we are not the only one affected by it, see the wake of blood in San Fran with Alex Smith, the fact that Tennessee completely missed out on everyone else they were targetting, and the Jets having to give Sanchez a 40 million dollar apology deal. For every great under the radar deal Ireland does in free agency, Randy Starks, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano, Matt Moore, Tony McDaniel, Cam Wake, and potentially Richard Marshall, there is a very public and very ugly strike out. Ryan Clark, Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, Jim Harbaugh are just a few that immediately come to mind. I don't know if it is Ross's fault or Irelands fault but our organization needs to tighten its lips because this is just simply unacceptable.
I think that this is the biggest issue with Jeff, not his eye for talent, but ever since he took over full control of the Dolphins the franchise is losing respect. We are still a proud franchise but slowly moving away from respectable into a joke. Ireland needs to get this ship fixed or else he won't just find himself without a GM job he will find himself out of the NFL.

Jeff Ireland is not a terrible GM by any means, anyone who thinks so doesn't follow football closely at all. That being said he is not a great GM either he is average, as you can tell by our average team since he got here. We do have a lot of talent on the roster, our D-Line, linebacking core, running back and offensive line all have great players on it (given there are some holes on the o-line). However, we consistently have issues at the same spots.
The problem isn't his eye for talent, the problem is he rubs people the wrong way. Ever since Bill Parcells left we have had a huge problem, our organization has too many leaks. Nothing is a secret in Dolphins land anymore, everyone knows exactly who we are targetting months before the team is ever supposed to be able to talk to them. Thus when we miss out on a player it is viewed as a huge failure and the blame goes to Ireland (rightfully so). Ignoring the Peyton Manning situation, because we are not the only one affected by it, see the wake of blood in San Fran with Alex Smith, the fact that Tennessee completely missed out on everyone else they were targetting, and the Jets having to give Sanchez a 40 million dollar apology deal. For every great under the radar deal Ireland does in free agency, Randy Starks, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano, Matt Moore, Tony McDaniel, Cam Wake, and potentially Richard Marshall, there is a very public and very ugly strike out. Ryan Clark, Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, Jim Harbaugh are just a few that immediately come to mind. I don't know if it is Ross's fault or Irelands fault but our organization needs to tighten its lips because this is just simply unacceptable.
I think that this is the biggest issue with Jeff, not his eye for talent, but ever since he took over full control of the Dolphins the franchise is losing respect. We are still a proud franchise but slowly moving away from respectable into a joke. Ireland needs to get this ship fixed or else he won't just find himself without a GM job he will find himself out of the NFL.

Sensible compared to the he just sucks threads

He has no people skills. He is a social retard. The fact that when he calls up Armando Salguero and asks how he's doing and if it's a good time to talk, Salguero is so stunned that he says "I don't even know you," that says everything to me.

Back
Top Bottom