The puzzling thing about this season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The puzzling thing about this season

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What amazes me about this season more than anything else is some of the fans on this board’s reaction to it. I’ve seen posts by people who act like we can change direction suddenly after going 0 and 7, still in denial or unaccepting of the decision the front office has made in terms of their strategy it’s amazing. I’ve got news for you, the Front office stripped this roster down, traded whatever value they could to acquire more assets and cap space in the future, and we aren’t going to know how it’s going to turn out until the next couple of years And we are going to have a top 2 or 3 draft pick unless something really crazy happens.

In the meantime, many people have a high regard for Tua Tagavailoa and feel like he would be the number 1 pick regardless of what you think about Chase Young, a franchise QB like Tua would likely be the top pick. Having said all of that, we may win a couple of games. We could beat the jets or bengals potentially if we figure out how to play an entire 60 minutes of football and not end up with the first overall pick.

To some that would be a disaster and I kind of feel that way, although there are a few other very solid prospects in this draft that could also turn out to be solid franchise Qb’s, you never know and we have plenty of draft capital to get a good one which brings me to my next point. In the last 3 weeks this team has really demonstrated a lot of improvement in my opinion. A lot of that is schematically defensively to compensate for our lack of front 7 pressure and the Oline has improved even though it is still on the lower tier, there are a couple of players who have started to show something. In truth, considering what the coaching staff has to work with, I think they have really done a good job under adverse and difficult circumstances. They are clearly trying to win, and the team is playing hard. Some players are developing like Preston Williams, Davante Parker, Mike Geisiki, Evan Boehm, Taco Charlton, Vince Biegel, Godchaux, etc. So, that’s promising and good to see which leads us to Ryan Fitzpatrick. At first I didn’t see the point of starting him, but I’ve got to be honest. I love this dude. How can you not root for him? The ridiculous beard, all of it. We may see more of Rosen later in the season, but he doesn’t look like he is ready so that is what it is, but Fitzpatrick has some heart and I hope he’s on the team next year to help develop the future QB.

My point in this long babbling diatribe is that this team wasn’t designed to win this year, get over it. The coaches and players are coaching and playing hard, and I for one am actually enjoying this season as crazy as that may seem because I am optimistic about the future, and the coaching staff has shown some real potential with coaching up the offensive line which has guards playing tackles, etc., some intersting things schematically defensively to deal with our lack of pass rush, and some players are developing and playing hard. If we win, then that’s a great job by the coaching staff and the team, and if we lose that just takes us one step closer to getting the highest draft pick possible. I say, let the chips fall where they may, and I myself am intrigued to see how it all turns out. If they win I will cheer for them and if they lose I will be confident in our march towards the future. Oddly, I feel at peace, and am less frustrated than I have been during decades worth of mediocrity where we won more and my expectations were higher and probably unrealistic.

I have very little to no faith in this coaching staff and in Grier. Which really sucks considering the potential future this team has. We are the new Cleveland Browns, the joke of the league. And it was all self destruction. With these clowns we have running the show they legitimately probably don't have a clear plan in place. Just making it up as they go.

I have very little to no faith in this coaching staff and in Grier. Which really sucks considering the potential future this team has. We are the new Cleveland Browns, the joke of the league. And it was all self destruction. With these clowns we have running the show they legitimately probably don't have a clear plan in place. Just making it up as they go.

I get the Grier thing as he’s been a part of the problem for the past several years, but the coaching staff is definitely too early to pass an informed judgement on. Notice how I said informed in that the deck was stacked against them from the beginning and we don’t really have enough data points to have a strong opinion on them one way or another at this early stage, that’s only my opinion, but I think this coaching staff has a chance to actually be quite good, but they will have to prove that in the future. In any case, way to early to form such a strong opinion on them one way or another.

I say, let the chips fall where they may, and I myself am intrigued to see how it all turns out. If they win I will cheer for them and if they lose I will be confident in our march towards the future. Oddly, I feel at peace, and am less frustrated than I have been during decades worth of mediocrity where we won more and my expectations were higher and probably unrealistic.
I'm on board with this. It's like a weight has been lifted, the frustration and strain of watching us struggle to beat bad teams (at best) and get taken apart by good teams, the struggle to reach the playoffs even though on the few occasions we did the first team we came up against exposed us as the frauds and charlatans we were. After nearly 20 years of this **** I'm more than happy to put up with one season like this just for a chance of developing some kind of excitement or an identity. And if it doesn't work and we end up like the Bowns this year? We **** me that's still better and more exciting than most of the years since Dave Wannstedt.

Heh. This team is doing exactly what they set out to to. Draft Tua. Nothing else matters.

I don’t think Tua is the only QB on their radar. I think he is an NFL ready prospect that will certainly have success in the right system. However, the QB class this year has a lot of potential, so you’d hope they were doing their due diligence on all the top guys. If they could walk away with Chase Young AND the QB they wanted...dream scenario.

What amazes me about this season more than anything else is some of the fans on this board’s reaction to it. I’ve seen posts by people who act like we can change direction suddenly after going 0 and 7, still in denial or unaccepting of the decision the front office has made in terms of their strategy it’s amazing. I’ve got news for you, the Front office stripped this roster down, traded whatever value they could to acquire more assets and cap space in the future, and we aren’t going to know how it’s going to turn out until the next couple of years And we are going to have a top 2 or 3 draft pick unless something really crazy happens.

In the meantime, many people have a high regard for Tua Tagavailoa and feel like he would be the number 1 pick regardless of what you think about Chase Young, a franchise QB like Tua would likely be the top pick. Having said all of that, we may win a couple of games. We could beat the jets or bengals potentially if we figure out how to play an entire 60 minutes of football and not end up with the first overall pick.

To some that would be a disaster and I kind of feel that way, although there are a few other very solid prospects in this draft that could also turn out to be solid franchise Qb’s, you never know and we have plenty of draft capital to get a good one which brings me to my next point. In the last 3 weeks this team has really demonstrated a lot of improvement in my opinion. A lot of that is schematically defensively to compensate for our lack of front 7 pressure and the Oline has improved even though it is still on the lower tier, there are a couple of players who have started to show something. In truth, considering what the coaching staff has to work with, I think they have really done a good job under adverse and difficult circumstances. They are clearly trying to win, and the team is playing hard. Some players are developing like Preston Williams, Davante Parker, Mike Geisiki, Evan Boehm, Taco Charlton, Vince Biegel, Godchaux, etc. So, that’s promising and good to see which leads us to Ryan Fitzpatrick. At first I didn’t see the point of starting him, but I’ve got to be honest. I love this dude. How can you not root for him? The ridiculous beard, all of it. We may see more of Rosen later in the season, but he doesn’t look like he is ready so that is what it is, but Fitzpatrick has some heart and I hope he’s on the team next year to help develop the future QB.

My point in this long babbling diatribe is that this team wasn’t designed to win this year, get over it. The coaches and players are coaching and playing hard, and I for one am actually enjoying this season as crazy as that may seem because I am optimistic about the future, and the coaching staff has shown some real potential with coaching up the offensive line which has guards playing tackles, etc., some intersting things schematically defensively to deal with our lack of pass rush, and some players are developing and playing hard. If we win, then that’s a great job by the coaching staff and the team, and if we lose that just takes us one step closer to getting the highest draft pick possible. I say, let the chips fall where they may, and I myself am intrigued to see how it all turns out. If they win I will cheer for them and if they lose I will be confident in our march towards the future. Oddly, I feel at peace, and am less frustrated than I have been during decades worth of mediocrity where we won more and my expectations were higher and probably unrealistic.

Great job, I agree with you 100%.

There is a common saying in boxing that goes like this...

You don't train for a Knock Out, you train to go the full 12 rounds

because if you think you're getting an easy KO, you DON'T train as hard and MENTALLY you are not as prepared.

I think the 'Tanking' 4 Tua approach is similar.

I mean, JJ made it work, but JJ was a Hall of Fame College coach and he was a MASTER draft guru.

Florez is NOT a Hall of fame College Coach,

and much as I like him, Greir has shown absolutely NO hint of a sign of being a draft guru.

Just because they have a boatload of draft picks doesn't mean that they will pick the right guys

or coach & develop them the right way.

The most disappointing thing to me, is that even when they draft the right guys,

in the past they have totally flunked out in the 'Coaching & developing talent' category.

Good coaches and good GMs don't look for the easy KO.

Other than JJ, who else in the NFL HALL OF FAME has made that approach work out?

Back
Top Bottom